Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 AM

282 posts, read 707,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I just can't believe they sell MINI COOPER in the Philippines. I was thinking how I will ship my MINI back home so I will feel 'cool' with my US license plate driving it there. I thought I will be the only one with MINI.

But then again I think I will be scared driving my MINI coz the humps in some roads there are like hill mounds, LOL.
Black market here are terrible ma'am. Name it, we have it all here.. From Hummer to Cadillac long limo... mini cooper to corvette.. and they sell half the price in those ports.

Not to mention those ports in other regions, as rumored handle by those latinos.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:33 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Hermosa .. in Jakarta many rich people live there, no wonder we have a lot Asitektur buildings, malls, resto, hotel, offices, cars etc many luxurious and classy even now I've seen a with many of building luxury and Tower magnificent architecture under construction or that is being done at this time .today Jakarta City so much progress.
Did I say there aren't rich people there ? Manila also has a lot of rich people. I just don't agree that the Indonesian rich are richer than the Filipino rich people. We cannot really say that because we do not have access on their assets, we do not really know how much money they really have in the bank.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:34 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
Hermosa .. in Jakarta many rich people live there, no wonder we have a lot Asitektur buildings, malls, resto, hotel, offices, cars etc many luxurious and classy even now I've seen a with many of building luxury and Tower magnificent architecture under construction or that is being done at this time .today Jakarta City so much progress.
Yes it does, but so does their city. All she ask is not to underestimate their rich....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
How can you say the rich people in Jakarta are way richer than the rich people in Manila ? Do you know how much money and assets they have ? Do you have access to their accounts and assets ? Don't underestimate the Filipinos. I agree that your population is way bigger, but it is wrong to say the rich ones are richer than the rich Filipinos when you know nothing about how much money they have in the bank.
errrr.... no comment

No on the other hand the richest of the Philippines are way richer than Indonesians, although i've read about the GINI index study that shows 30 ruling dynastic family controlling 90% of the economy. Yes in Indonesia the wealth are fairly well distributed as compared to the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
I'm just curious on video actually. no offense

You have the data, the luxuries, etc.. how come you still have this scenario of life for a common hard working Indonesian family man? I thought it was a story of my fellowman... Or it was just a propaganda of world bank?

You have a 1000USD higher on PPP per year as compared to our working class masses.
Because its still a developing country?

Old 07-08-2014, 08:35 AM

282 posts, read 707,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Cebu Pacific just bought Singapore's Tigerair
Good for the Cebuano tycoon ma'am. San Miguel Corp.entered the airline business, just recently shipping as well.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:35 AM

Asia’s mega-mall boom is headed toward bust – Quartz

Mall space in cities.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:08 AM

96 posts, read 214,511 times

Carmelray - Located in Mega Manila.

Carmelray Industrial Park 1 (CIP1) is a sprawling 270 hectare fully integrated industrial estate of international standards located in Canlubang, Laguna.

Developed in stages, Phase 1 and Phase 2 cover 95 and 135 hectares respectively. Aside from the industrial complexes, CIP1 also houses the administrative and support service center, commercial district and the 41 hectare Special Export Processing Zone, where investors enjoy simplified import/export documentation and several tax incentives. It has been given an A-1 ranking by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) and has received the highest locator satisfaction rating.

One of the over- 200 hidden parks (unknown to so many) of the Philippines.

Last edited by 62914; 07-08-2014 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-08-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
According to the article cited, Jakarta, Indonesia has the most number of malls in the world at over 170 malls.

Based on this list: List of shopping malls in Metro Manila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Metro Manila has around 200 malls excluding those under construction. hmmmm

Note: Jakarta has a bigger population and land area than what Metro Manila has. What if I consider the Malls located within the so called Mega Manila? The number of malls will surely exceed the 250 plus mark. Plus the fact that malls in the Philippines are usually bigger.

Last edited by 62914; 07-08-2014 at 10:28 AM..

Old 07-08-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
According to the article cited, Jakarta, Indonesia has the most number of malls in the world at over 170 malls.

Based on this list: List of shopping malls in Metro Manila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Metro Manila has around 200 malls excluding those under construction. hmmmm

Note: Jakarta has a bigger population and land area than what Metro Manila has. What if I consider the Malls located within the so called Mega Manila? The number of malls will surely exceed the 250 plus mark. Plus the fact that malls in the Philippines are usually bigger.
Err any source of this 200, as far concerned the listing also included supermarket and boxstore? Anyway i have credible source that mentions the mall space overall total is bigger (despite ph having bigger mall and your claim of having more mall) and that there is no other city with such figure and also 170 malls doesn't really include the metropolitan population, only the 10 million proper city population.

Why does it matter to you anyway if we are better at something? Beside numbers of malls doesnt really make any city better And you only wanted to be better at everything.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Default Lima Park - One of the over 200 hidden parks of the Philippines!

LiMA Technology Center (LiMA) a development of LiMA Land Inc., a joint venture of Alsons Land Corporation and Marubeni Corporation. Alsons Land Corporation. A subsidiary of the Alcantara Group of companies�one of the largest diversified conglomerates in the Philippines. The company boasts of an impressive track record and extensive strategic resources in real estate development. Marubeni Corporation.One of the leading general trading companies of Japan with a worldwide business network of more than 600 affiliated companies. It brings into the venture the strength of its international experience and technical expertise. Combining the capabilities and competencies of this partnership has resulted in the development of this world-class integrated and self-contained community that is like no other.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Err any source of this 200, as far concerned the listing also included supermarket and boxstore? Anyway i have credible source that mentions the mall space overall total is bigger (despite ph having bigger mall and your claim of having more mall) and that there is no other city with such figure and also 170 malls doesn't really include the metropolitan population, only the 10 million proper city population.

Why does it matter to you anyway if we are better at something? Beside numbers of malls doesnt really make any city better And you only wanted to be better at everything.
Just want to prove to you that you don't know much about the Philippines. Who really knows much about the Philippines other than its inhabitants? So which is more credible now? Second-hand info or a first-hand info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia