Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 PM

732 posts, read 779,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
So do you see people using this ?
Even exagerating clothes on the runway are just used on the runway and are not worn anywhere else.

Zara, Massimi Duti, Pull and Bear are the best for men !
Same with Korean fashion, some maybe fine but generally I see luxurious brands tailored for women that when men wears them it looks like you know what I mean...

Old 07-21-2014, 11:24 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Honestly, I dont see anything that Jakarta is way ahead of Manila except for a wider array of luxury brands in general and a a higher GDP and a bit in PPP.

NAIA has T2 and T3 as far as I know, Terminal 1 is the one being tagged as worst airport, but I dont find NAIA bad. It may not be the best for now but definitely not the worst.
Metro Manila:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lXvL3KCbTM...etormanila.JPG

Highway map of Jakarta:
http://blog.ub.ac.id/agusindrairawan...ta-roadmap.jpg

Obviously Jakarta have more highway, also better healthcare, airport, port facilities (busier and larger), airports too. If we are talking about infrastructure of a city, i don't really see Manila being better in anyway in any of the thing i mentioned.

T2 looks like one of the provincial airport in Indonesia to be honest, T3 is alright but half of it is defunctional.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-30-2014 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: added URL

Old 07-21-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Well if you want Angeles city style nightlife we don't really have it.
Angeles City is not even considered part of Mega Manila though its just 2hours drive from Manila via NLEX. And mind you its just a part of Metro Angeles that has this kind of nighlife ala Pattaya. Its just probably 3 or 4 streets crisscrossing. And to think it would only attribute to a meager 5% of the whole of Angeles City and 1% of the whole Metro Angeles.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Metro Manila:

Highway map of Jakarta:

Obviously Jakarta have more highway, also better healthcare, airport, port facilities (busier and larger), airports too. If we are talking about infrastructure of a city, i don't really see Manila being better in anyway in any of the thing i mentioned.

T2 looks like one of the provincial airport in Indonesia to be honest, T3 is alright but half of it is defunctional.
Obviously, how bout trying to use the same scale for both cities?

Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
^ the map of Manila has EDSA as a highway, when it's really not because it's not controlled-access. There are intersections and cars can enter at many different points instead of through entrance ramps. I think SLEX/Skyway is the only real highway in Manila right now

EDSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mnUS0iHJn0

Skyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyKw1gabnk

Old 07-22-2014, 12:31 AM

282 posts, read 707,856 times
Quote:
Metro Manila:

Highway map of Jakarta:

I agree with neMarl

you need to have a similar scale size map of both cities to say that Jakarta has more highways, otherwise its pre mature.

What I can say is that Metro Manila has 3 Skyways (elevated highways) around 40 kms combined plus the 3rd level soon of Skyway-3 for Taft area.

Here are other major higways of M.Manila that connect cities.

based on my map used when driving

EDSA Ave - 54kms. long (exact lenght)
TAFT Ave. - 10 kms. estimate
Commonwealth Ave. - 40 kms. estimate
Aurora Blvd. - 25 kms. estimate
Shaw Ave. - 20 kms. estimate
Katipunan Ave. - 30kms. estimate
A. Bonifacio Ave. - 35 kms. estimate
Magsaysay Blvd. - 20 kms. estimate
Roxas Blvd. - 35Kms. estimate
South Express Way - 45 kms.
C-5 Road - 60 kms. estimate
Ortigas Ave. - 40 kms. estimate
Buendia Ave. - 15 kms. estimate
Marcos Highway - 30 kms estimate
Felix Avenue - 10 kms. estimate
P. Tuazon Ave. - 15 kms. estimate
Congressional Road - 40 kms. estimate
Muntinlupa road - 25 kms. estimate
Daang Hari road - 20 kms. estimate
Fairview to Grotto - 40 kms. estimate
West Ave. - 20 kms. estimate
Quezon Avenue - 25 kms. estimate
Roosevelt Ave. - 15 kms. estimate
Visayas Ave. - 10 kms. estimate
Mindanao Ave. - 10 kms. estimate
Sucat Road - 55 kms. estimate
Mindanao Ave extension to Nlex - 30 kms estimate
Macapagal Blvd - 10 kms estimate
611 NAIA Road - 5kms. estimate
Sumulong Highway 15 kms. estimate
Cal. to Malanday Mc Arthur - 15 kms. estimate
C. Raymundo Avenue - 20 kms. estimate

Not to include sub roads (streets and roads), FLY OVERS, INTERCHANGE, TUNNELS inside per cities.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:33 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,385 times
^^ i believe in this statement much more:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^ the map of Manila has EDSA as a highway, when it's really not because it's not controlled-access. There are intersections and cars can enter at many different points instead of through entrance ramps. I think SLEX/Skyway is the only real highway in Manila right now

EDSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mnUS0iHJn0

Skyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyKw1gabnk
Unless you can provide me a complete map of the highway system that shows something better, i wouldn't believe in the number of km of roads (some of those are not highways) you posted.

And only 3 skyway? lol.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
not a highway vid, but this drive around BGC is really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZalCb4gDEw

Some of the videos from Jakarta are really nice too, especially the one going into downtown

Old 07-22-2014, 02:52 AM

282 posts, read 707,856 times
How many tunnels do you have in Metro Jakarta? (Just asking) tnx

Old 07-22-2014, 04:02 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,091 times

ISMAYALIVE TV: DJAKARTA WAREHOUSE PROJECT 2013 - #DWP13 OFFICIAL AFTERMOVIE - YouTube

I think Manila is not have like in this vidio , what I would say Jakarta truly western ??? hmmm , I've never been to a place like this, but I want say wow Jakarta it's very cool , Jakarta has always been a magnet people will always happy and enjoy to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia