U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
even if you think the difference has something to do with race, there's not a difference in race between the people of Manila and the people of other major cities in the Philippines. No one has noted the difference except you. Unless more Chinese people in Manila counts
where is most of the crime happening in Manila?? in the upscale chinese subdivisions???

its not just crime....Manileno culture is a breeding ground for such behavior

Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
well I know its shocking....I wouldnt be suprised if that was a prostitution den

well you have to understand it from the view of us visayans,,,education is the only oppurtunity for us
sometimes parents of visayans have to work 3 times as much to pay for their children's education...so you see why studying for such long hours is necessary for visayan chilldren
That's pretty effed up .

Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Quote:
where is most of the crime happening in Manila?? in the upscale chinese subdivisions???

its not just crime....Manileno culture is a breeding ground for such behavior
Where does it even say that the video was taken in Manila? Or did you just assume that? And even if it was, what does that prove? Wait, you're the same guy who uses a few pics to prove what millions of people look like, makes sense that you would use a video to prove how a city of 12 million is. And the video cant be from Manila because the kids look like the same race as all other Filipinos

And Manila is by far the largest city in the Philippines with more than 1/8th of the population. So yes, more crime happens in the Manila area than any other city in the Philippines. A difference in "race" is not why there's more crime. Please tell me why you're literally the only person anywhere who says there's a different race in Manila, and why the hell we're supposed to take your word for it? Your word alone. Blame Manila's problems on whatever you want, but dont be stupid and say "race" because that's completely unfounded.

Last edited by Smtchll; 01-22-2013 at 09:20 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Where does it even say that the video was taken in Manila? Or did you just assume that? And even if it was, what does that prove? Wait, you're the same guy who uses a few pics to prove what millions of people look like, makes sense that you would use a video to prove how a city of 12 million is. And the video cant be from Manila because the kids look like the same race as all other Filipinos

And Manila is by far the largest city in the Philippines with more than 1/8th of the population. So yes, more crime happens in the Manila area than any other city in the Philippines. A difference in "race" is not why there's more crime. Please tell me why you're literally the only person anywhere who says there's a different race in Manila, and why the hell we're supposed to take your word for it? Your word alone. Blame Manila's problems on whatever you want, but dont be stupid and say "race" because that's completely unfounded.
I can tell by the children's accent and language....and their environment...besides this isnt the first time manilenos did something like this...Manila is a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

anyway I did not say the children's and parents actions were due to their being a different race...I blame it on their culture
do you have a hard time understanding that??? or do you think children drinking hard liquor is cool..and Im just being a kill joy I guess you think child prostitution in Manila is okay as well

no wonder the Philippines is faltering...when all the power and money is concentrated in the cancer that is Manila

Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Quote:
I can tell by the children's accent and language....and their environment...besides this isnt the first time manilenos did something like this...Manila is a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

anyway I did not say the children's and parents actions were due to their being a different race...I blame it on their culture
do you have a hard time understanding that??? or do you think children drinking hard liquor is cool..and Im just being a kill joy I guess you think child prostitution in Manila is okay as well

no wonder the Philippines is faltering...when all the power and money is concentrated in the cancer that is Manila
I know Ilocanos who let their kids drink....

And I agree that Manila is a Sodom & Gomorrah of sorts, but it doesnt have to do with race because if it did then the whole country would be that way. You said:

Quote:
difference between manilenos and visayans....not only race...but culture
It's dumb to bring race into these discussions, but it's especially dumb when there's not even a racial difference between this city and any other city in the Philippines. It could be cultural, but I attribute it more to the mindset that the people have when they come to Manila. They come because they're poor and they think they'll be better off. When it turns out that they're actually not better off, they resort to anything to get money. The problem is even worse when all these poor people can see how the rich live and they want it so badly. It can happen anywhere where's there's a huge city in a poor country. It happens especially in South America because the gap between rich and poor is huge. But the crime rate in Manila is absolutely nothing compared to most cities in Brazil or Africa.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 PM

369 posts, read 799,642 times
JAPAN

Tokyo: more cosmopolitan and accepting of foreigners (gaijin) but people tend to be more distant
Osaka: more laidback, friendly and cool as compared to Tokyoites
Kyoto: more protective of their own traditional culture and customs

Not that sure about other Asian countries though.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
this is Manila....children drinking vodka...lol just seperate from Philippines already....wtf
you can hear the german guy in the background egging them on
Only in the Philippines | Facebook

in my hometown children study from 6 AM to 6 PM then help out their parents with work....
while these halfwits in Manila let their children drink alcohol till they pass out

difference between manilenos and visayans....not only race...but culture
I am from the province too. The difference is that in Manila, They usually have half day school classes specially in public school due to over population so they need to cut to 3 different timings like they have morning, afternoon and evening . unlike in the province, we have full day school classes like 7:15AM-12NN then need to go back again for the other half at 1PM-5PM both in grade school & high school level.

I know some young students in Manila from public school. They used their half day working like they help their parents at their little store shop, sometimes they put their own little business like BBQ stand and selling something for a living so that they have little money for their own expenses.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I am from the province too. The difference is that in Manila, They usually have half day school classes specially in public school due to over population so they need to cut to 3 different timings like they have morning, afternoon and evening . unlike in the province, we have full day school classes like 7:15AM-12NN then need to go back again for the other half at 1PM-5PM both in grade school & high school level.

I know some young students in Manila from public school. They used their half day working like they help their parents at their little store shop, sometimes they put their own little business like BBQ stand and selling something for a living so that they have little money for their own expenses.
pinai you also from visayas?? -highfive

Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
pinai you also from visayas?? -highfive
I am from Northern Luzon. But my half brother studied in Manila when he was in 3rd year high school
when I and my sister moved in Manila for college. We decided to bring him there too & found out about the 3 different school timings. I remembered they were like almost 40 students in the morning classes.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I am from Northern Luzon. But my half brother studied in Manila when he was in 3rd year high school
when I and my sister moved in Manila for college. We decided to bring him there too & found out about the 3 different school timings. I remembered they were like almost 40 students in the morning classes.
ahhh ok

so I guess school in northern luzon is similar to that in visayas
I remember my cousins going to school at 6AM they come home for an hour to eat lunch then go back to school until 6PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or