U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,965,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
ahhh ok

so I guess school in northern luzon is similar to that in visayas
I remember my cousins going to school at 6AM they come home for an hour to eat lunch then go back to school until 6PM
yes 12-1PM is lunch break. we have the same school timings.
but our classes is until 5PM only. Because some of the area near to our places
has timings for buses so it's hard for them to go home if they go home so late.
you know some areas they live in rice field and hardly see any bus or jeepney
because they only commute by tricycle, bus or jeepney.

Usually people in the provinces when it's already 8PM or 9PM, you'll hear nothing
but those insects at night. A little laid-back and simple & Manila people are awake for 24hrs.
I guess that's the difference between province and city.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
yes 12-1PM is lunch break. we have the same school timings.
but our classes is until 5PM only. Because some of the area near to our places
has timings for buses so it's hard for them to go home if they go home so late.
you know some areas they live in rice field and hardly see any bus or jeepney
because they only commute by tricycle, bus or jeepney.
my mother's hometown is a town surrounded by ricefields.....but the school is within the town...so most children just walk to school or take a tricycle if their tired
it was harder when my grandmother taught in school...she had to take a boat and walk...at the time there was no paved roads

Old 01-25-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
my mother's hometown is a town surrounded by ricefields.....but the school is within the town...so most children just walk to school or take a tricycle if their tired
it was harder when my grandmother taught in school...she had to take a boat and walk...at the time there was no paved roads
Our school is just nearby to our house. I always walk since grade school to high school, I remembered my grandmother. She used to gave us a daily task for the household so when she wakes up in the morning the house is already clean including the front and backyard, breakfast prepared and then we have scheduled for who will wash the dishes from morning-evening lol that's how my grandmother discipline us.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Our school is just nearby to our house. I always walk since grade school to high school, I remembered my grandmother. She used to gave us a daily task for the household so when she wakes up in the morning the house is already clean including the front and backyard, breakfast prepared and then we have scheduled for who will wash the dishes from morning-evening lol that's how my grandmother discipline us.
I think provincial folks just raised differently ....children are so much more well behaved and you can see the respect between parent and child

Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I think provincial folks just raised differently ....children are so much more well behaved and you can see the respect between parent and child
I guess it's also depends on the parent on how they bring up the children because sometimes society influence them too. The people around them when they go out from the house.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,369,517 times
What do you think about Visayans who move to Manila, ejay? Do you see them as traitors or sell-outs? lol

Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
kyh

383 posts, read 1,061,856 times
Quote:
ahhh ok

so I guess school in northern luzon is similar to that in visayas
I remember my cousins going to school at 6AM they come home for an hour to eat lunch then go back to school until 6PM
It's unthinkable for me to imagine the kids going to school for one whole day throughout the week. That's really insane if you ask me.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,369,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
It's unthinkable for me to imagine the kids going to school for one whole day throughout the week. That's really insane if you ask me.
Yeah back in high school I remember basically falling asleep a lot in the afternoon, dunno how I'd cope with 6 to 6!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What do you think about Visayans who move to Manila, ejay? Do you see them as traitors or sell-outs? lol
no........they are visayan no matter where they go

Old 01-25-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
if you think about the work week of the average visayan its actually peanuts.....their parents work out in the rice field and tending the livestock from 6 AM to 7PM Sunday is a time for rest though
LOL and people call filipinos lazy..
I admire the work ethic of rural filipinos

Last edited by ejay1; 01-25-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or