U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,361,353 times
Reputation: 11862

Advertisements

Do many Visayans go to Singapore and Malaysia to work as maids?

 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,965,031 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
if you think about the work week of the average visayan its actually peanuts.....their parents work out in the rice field and tending the livestock from 6 AM to 7PM Sunday is a time for rest though
LOL and people call filipinos lazy..
I admire the work ethic of rural filipinos
In my area, usually vegetables, rice fields, and of course fishing and other sea food products, also mangoes.

some areas do the handicrafts. selling some delicacies of whatever our province are known for that is how my fellow kababayan in my home province make a living.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,730 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do many Visayans go to Singapore and Malaysia to work as maids?
a few....though most visayans who work as maids do so in Manila(many do so while studying) majority of visayans actualy become nurses.....most of the women in my mom's hometown became nurses in Dubai, UK, and USA
 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:30 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,730 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
In my area, usually vegetables, rice fields, and of course fishing and other sea food products, also mangoes.

some areas do the handicrafts. selling some delicacies of whatever our province are known for that is how my fellow kababayan in my home province make a living.
my province is known for making furniture out of bamboo
 
Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,361,353 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
a few....though most visayans who work as maids do so in Manila(many do so while studying) majority of visayans actualy become nurses.....most of the women in my mom's hometown became nurses in Dubai, UK, and USA
Why don't that many Filipinos seem to come to Australia? There's a lot more Indonesians here for example.
 
Old 01-26-2013, 02:22 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,965,031 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Why don't that many Filipinos seem to come to Australia? There's a lot more Indonesians here for example.
Planning to visit Australia this coming April to visit my sister & her family. I think there's a lot of Filipinos in Australia. I know a few Filipinos there some are in Sydney and Perth.
 
Old 01-26-2013, 02:50 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,361,353 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Planning to visit Australia this coming April to visit my sister & her family. I think there's a lot of Filipinos in Australia. I know a few Filipinos there some are in Sydney and Perth.
Actually yes, I retract my statement. There are 225,000 of them, a surprising number! Even the well-known singer Kate Ceberano. For some reason Filipino culture just is nowhere near as prominent as Vietnamese. You see tons of Vietnamese restaurants but hardly any Filipino. I remember one pinoy restaurant here, not sure if it's still here.

Actually less Indonesians but they seem to be everywhere here in Perth. Quite a lot of Indo restaurants and even churches.
 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:10 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,965,031 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Actually yes, I retract my statement. There are 225,000 of them, a surprising number! Even the well-known singer Kate Ceberano. For some reason Filipino culture just is nowhere near as prominent as Vietnamese. You see tons of Vietnamese restaurants but hardly any Filipino. I remember one pinoy restaurant here, not sure if it's still here.

Actually less Indonesians but they seem to be everywhere here in Perth. Quite a lot of Indo restaurants and even churches.
There's one guy named Genesis who joined in Australia's got talent 'beatboxing', Mig Ayesa who joined from rockstar INXS.
Well I'll check about the restaurant when I get there hahaha.. I'm actually curious how Perth looks like although I already check photos and read on what's I'll expect on Perth.
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,361,353 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
There's one guy named Genesis who joined in Australia's got talent 'beatboxing', Mig Ayesa who joined from rockstar INXS.
Well I'll check about the restaurant when I get there hahaha.. I'm actually curious how Perth looks like although I already check photos and read on what's I'll expect on Perth.
Are you coming to Perth? Don't expect too much, haha. I can recommend places to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top