U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,671,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Thanks once again!

So it now narrows down to either Airphil Express and Cebu Pacific. Which one is better, if I may ask? Where are the hubs of these airlines located - Clark or Manila? Does Airphil Express have flights to/from KL and Singapore?
If you do not want to spend more time/days in the layover city, you can book KUL-PPS or SIN-PPS through Airphil Express - Philippines Leading Promo Airline to Manila or Cebu Pacific Air and the website will just show you their available schedule and where you need to have a layover. Most likely, it is Manila as that's the major hub for both airlines. Cebu is the secondary hub of both airlines, so there's a possibility that the airline will show you Cebu among the choices. Clark is the AirAsia hub and does not have that many domestic flights. I believe only Airphil Express flies the CRK-PPS route now. Unless you really like to fly with AirAsia or you want to visit Angeles City (only one reason to go there which delights some guys), I won't recommend passing by Clark.

I'll take the cheaper airline or the more convenient schedule. But if the cost and the schedule are similar, I'll take Airphil Express over Cebu Pacific for the simple reason that they at least will provide complimentary coffee, water and peanuts. LOL, I know their free drinks and snacks cost something like US$2 or US$3!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 AM
kyh

383 posts, read 1,063,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
If you do not want to spend more time/days in the layover city, you can book KUL-PPS or SIN-PPS through Airphil Express - Philippines Leading Promo Airline to Manila or Cebu Pacific Air and the website will just show you their available schedule and where you need to have a layover. Most likely, it is Manila as that's the major hub for both airlines. Cebu is the secondary hub of both airlines, so there's a possibility that the airline will show you Cebu among the choices. Clark is the AirAsia hub and does not have that many domestic flights. I believe only Airphil Express flies the CRK-PPS route now. Unless you really like to fly with AirAsia or you want to visit Angeles City (only one reason to go there which delights some guys), I won't recommend passing by Clark.

I'll take the cheaper airline or the more convenient schedule. But if the cost and the schedule are similar, I'll take Airphil Express over Cebu Pacific for the simple reason that they at least will provide complimentary coffee, water and peanuts. LOL, I know their free drinks and snacks cost something like US$2 or US$3!
Haha thank you, really appreciated!

Am not keen of Clark either - I prefer Manila even though I may not even have the chance to step out of the city's airport since I'd need to stay and catch my connecting flight.

I'll check out their schedules, and keep an eye on any future promotions.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,855,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Iloilo is known for its old Spanish churches and buildings, one of them being a UNESCO World Heritage Site. But if you're not an architecture and history person, I guess you'll not enjoy it there.
Spanish Mansions !

Old 06-17-2013, 01:07 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,855,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think just staying on the beach for a whole day is pretty boring. I've been to so many beaches, I tend to just go for a swim, sunbathe/chill out for an hour or two, and then I get restless. I'm lazy but not THAT lazy lol. I do enjoy other water-sports like snorkelling, or surfing, going on a jet-ski (actually haven't tried it yet but want to).

I'm most interested in culture and eco-tourism, myself.
Aside from the beach, there is also night life. Boracay has a good night life especially in peak seasons like New Year and Holy Week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia