U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Indonesia 55 47.41%
Philippines 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 PM

31 posts, read 89,294 times

Advertisements

I always love pics from Fort Boni, it's a new, modern place with lots of energy.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:47 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,853,759 times
I just wish that government won't centre too much in Manila and would also try to develop the other regions in the Philippines like in other countries that the smaller cities can almost equal the capital because they also have good roads, Metro, bus transportation, traffic lights, parks, public library, good public buildings etc.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:23 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,969,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I just wish that government won't centre too much in Manila and would also try to develop the other regions in the Philippines like in other countries that the smaller cities can almost equal the capital because they also have good roads, Metro, bus transportation, traffic lights, parks, public library, good public buildings etc.
I agree, we have so many regions to improve. they should try to create outside manila too..

Old 10-03-2013, 12:59 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,007,201 times
Quote:
Exactly. Our second biggest metro area, Cebu has the most pathetic skyline.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:31 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,147,342 times
Quote:
In Indonesia, people can enjoy the same amneties as the capital in the 2nd and 3rd city (choice of good would even be as par as gucci, zara, louis vuitton etc), but not further, life is less crazier there as the trafic is not as hectic and crazy as the capital, they also have busways... The development is focused mostly in Java but has been spreading lately, and all the large cities are fairly ok with public libraries, parks, malls, good main roads (not alleyway roads), hospitals, some sort of public busses etc. Other islands are probably slightly less developed though most of its major towns are as good.

Most Indonesians cities are built for vehicles and people travel with motorbikes, pedestrians are not happy in Indonesia... Most of the street sidewalks are small and sometimes missing, walking is a pain.... It appear in Philippines people walk alot more than Indonesians.... BGC is good people seem to enjoy the pedestrian oriented zone

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-03-2013 at 05:05 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 04:43 AM

next page

Old 10-03-2013, 04:58 AM

^ The Philippines doesnt even have a second city. Cebu and Davao look like towns.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:10 AM

^ That is a crap skyline for a metro of 2.5 million. Even just Manila Bay's skyline is better

Old 10-03-2013, 05:40 AM

just Jakarta

Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,853,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkalang View Post
I know what I can picture dump - famous Filipino painters from the late 19th-early 20th century

Juan Luna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Juan Luna - Spolarium

Juan Luna - Las Damas Romanas

Juan Luna - The Battle of Lepanto

Fernando Amorsolo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fernando Armosolo - Antipolo

Fernando Armosolo - Fruit pickers Harvesting Under The Mango Tree

Fernando Armosolo - Fruit gatherer

Fernando Armosolo - Planting Rice

Fernando Armosolo - Assassination of Governor Bustamante

Fernando Armosolo - Dalagang Bukid

Fernando Armosolo - Princess Urduja

Félix Resurrección Hidalgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Félix Resurrección Hidalgo - The christian virgins being exposed to the populace

Félix Resurrección Hidalgo - Laguna Estigia

Félix Resurrección Hidalgo - La Barca de Aqueronte
Why dump ? These are nice. Like it makes you feel like existing in those times especially in the painting where men and women were having a picnic outside so nostalgic. What I also love is that they were still written in Espanol, it sounds more interesting than English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia