U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Indonesia 55 47.41%
Philippines 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:45 AM

1,130 posts, read 3,027,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
do you still have copies of the original ones. I saw from the pic that I posted cuadro paleografico, there is 'Java Antiguo' writing and Borneo. I just don't know if that's still the writing that you still used or which part of Borneo. The Spaniards learn our letters and languages before they actually introduced the Spanish Language that's why they documented the Baybayin writing of ancient people found in the Philippines.

Baybayin is available in college level to those who wanted to learn the old writings.
yup! there is, since some area is leftout from Hindu-Buddhist influence like this Iban (Dayak) writing

and this should help you to differentiate it, the ones with Bali, Kawi, Sunda and Java are definitely sanskrit... except Bali and Sunda "Kuna" are the original ones

Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 AM

Indonesia road infrastructure

Java - Transjava network (blue = finished 3 years ago)

Jakarta

[IMG][/IMG]

Semangin Interchange

Airport toll road

Surabaya

still under construction Transjava highway outskirt of the city

Suramandu Bridge that connects Surabaya to Madura island

Yogyakarta

Bali

Sumatera - Trans Sumatera highway (green = finished 3 years ago)

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-21-2013 at 04:07 AM..

Old 10-21-2013, 03:12 AM

1,868 posts, read 6,772,024 times
^Just sad that there's a lot of railways and bridge that was destroyed during World War II. We already have railways from Dagupan to Southern Luzon before and it was built before the end of 20th century. There was train from Dagupan to Manila to Southern Luzon and even in Visayas there was railways also.

Bridge like San Juanico Bridge in Visayas is nice hopefully, they'll create more like this for interconnection
of all Islands.

^The script before Batak Karo is similar to Surat Mangyan

Last edited by pinai; 10-21-2013 at 04:14 AM..

Old 10-21-2013, 04:44 AM

^^
Same for Indonesia, except that our islands have wider gap... there is hope for Java and Sumatra though, its called Selat Sunda Bridge but no work whatsoever is done, just render.

That's too bad.... the rail link is mostly destroyed :/ so then people from the Philippines need to use car and busses to travel between cities... in Indonesia the railway is there to connect cities only in Java (we are currently planning an express train too but who knows how long until it is actually built), even these are mostly Dutch built.... the latest one we have is Medan's railink system in Sumatra that takes you around the town and airport. The island of Sumatra has three (soon to be four) unconnected railway lines in the northernmost province of Aceh, North Sumatra (the area surrounding Medan), West Sumatra (Padang and its environs), and South Sumatra and Lampung.

how the stations look like:

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-21-2013 at 05:27 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 03:16 AM

Some of the previous trains built in the Philippines which mostly damage during the WWII. Bicol area is the only one that survives, They first used the railways for Fresh water delivery until it became transportation some used for Industrialized.

Quote:
PNR (Philippine National Railways) began operations on November 24, 1892 as the Ferrocarril de Manila-Dagupan, during the Spanish colonial period, and later becoming the Manila Railroad Company (MRR) during the American colonial period. It became the Philippine National Railways on June 20, 1946 by virtue of Republic Act No. 4156. The PNR is an agency of the Department of Transportation and Communications.

Bicol Express Train rides again. People still love to ride the
old train like it used to be.

PNR used to operate over 479 km (298 mi) [SIZE=2]of route from [/SIZE]La Union up to Bicol.
Philippine National Railways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Antipolo Railways passed through Pasig and Marikina

Manila-Dagupan Railways

Caloocan Railways

Batangas Railways

Lucena Railways

Manila - Malabon Railways

Panay Railways (Iloilo-Roxas)

Trains, Electic Trains, Trams or Locomotive usually used in industrialize

Bacolod Locomotives

BMMC Train Bacolod

La Carlota Negros

Manila Steam Fright

Negros Steam Locomotive

Dagupan Railways

Railways in the 70's

Last edited by pinai; 10-22-2013 at 04:10 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 03:39 AM

How about Cuisine? What are the Indonesian Cuisine? food hehe.. let's talk about Indonesian and Philippine Cuisine too.

I know both countries used Coconut Milk

Ginataang Tilapia

Ginataang Talangka

Ginataang Langka (Young Jackfruit)

Ginataang Kalabasa

Ginataang Tulingan

Last edited by pinai; 10-25-2013 at 04:04 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 06:46 AM

6 posts, read 37,182 times
Cool pictures, both countries look beautiful and interesting. I definitely have to visit both countries soon. But the Philippines attracts me more, it doesn't seem like another typical Asian country..Very unique! (at least compared to other Asian countries I know).

Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 AM

2,385 posts, read 5,570,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiboi9002 View Post
Cool pictures, both countries look beautiful and interesting. I definitely have to visit both countries soon. But the Philippines attracts me more, it doesn't seem like another typical Asian country..Very unique! (at least compared to other Asian countries I know).
Thank you

Actually, some people here say that Philippines is the least interesting country in Asia because Filipinos have the least interesting culture, but I think Philippines is unique because Philippines is the only predominantly Catholic country in Asia and it is the only hispanic country in Asia. It is a blend of the East and the West so I am actually glad that our culture and religion are different from the rest of Asia.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 PM

Food huh? Indonesian is isles of spices... so the food is definitely far from being bland and usually are spicy.

Rendang (different from Malaysia we use actual shredded coconut, not coconut milk)

Padang style meal

satay

suckling pork

Soto

Rawon

Yellow Rice

Uduk rice

Gado Gado

a typical Nasi Campur (or mixed rice)

ikan bakar manokwari

Honey coated barbequed ribs

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-25-2013 at 07:30 PM..

Old 10-25-2013, 08:33 PM

2,385 posts, read 5,570,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Food huh? Indonesian is isles of spices... so the food is definitely far from being bland and usually are spicy.

Rendang (different from Malaysia we use actual shredded coconut, not coconut milk)

Padang style meal

satay

suckling pork

Soto

Rawon

Yellow Rice

Uduk rice

Gado Gado

a typical Nasi Campur (or mixed rice)

ikan bakar manokwari

Honey coated barbequed ribs
Look yummy !
I think Indonesian food is similar to Malaysian food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia