Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Indonesia 55 47.41%
Philippines 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 AM

9,744 posts, read 20,660,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Indonesia is unlucky country, it has been progressing and started as a very very poor country after the independence, a situation that Malaysia didn't ever have to face. After Indonesia declared their independence in 1945 the Dutch try to retake the colony, ripping the country apart and killed thousands and left the country almost ruined. After we did get our independence we were haunted by corruption, chaos, violence and mismanagement, especially during Suharto era, well its a large country and apperently very unstable one. But atleast if im trying to be positive, it progresses and is no longer the poorest country in SEA and its getting richer at some very interesting rate, but if only the corruption and law enforcement isn't that bad it could've been better than what it is right now and it really frustates me when it comes to corruption in this country.

Jakarta in particular experience population explotion, now the entire metro have 28 million people... that's much2 more than 20 years ago, and the city planning in Indonesia are just poor and mismanaged, things here are built out of necessity rather than planning, explaining why the skycrappers are mosly concentrated on the major avenues.

I am in particularly impressed with the Vietnamese on how fast their country progresses, 20 years ago they were completely ruined by war and look at them today!
I do hope Indonesia will finally start to improve.

Yes, the Vietnamese have a hard work ethic, it seems almost every Vietnamese family here opens up a small business.etc. Some might argue it's the Confucian culture, which it shares with China, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:19 AM

3 posts, read 24,209 times
I am new here, but from the first page then go thru the last page, it's a bit confusing.
Is this thread about Southeast Asian countries or about Indonesia vs the Philippines (the thread's title) ?

Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 AM

1,021 posts, read 3,639,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyplay View Post
I am new here, but from the first page then go thru the last page, it's a bit confusing.
Is this thread about Southeast Asian countries or about Indonesia vs the Philippines (the thread's title) ?
doesn't matter this thread is not used for that anymore

Old 02-05-2014, 08:06 AM

3 posts, read 24,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
^Myanmar have mountain taller than that lmao :P
Please be smarter in your comments, and please do not make others become confused.
Which one of the post /comment is then you replied with such comment ?.
If the post that you commented on is a picture of people who was skiing on snow posted by dodoroso,
then I may say so, you give the impression is that you are a person who 'pretense knows all..knows everything' (if not to say you are a "stuck-up" one),
because I did not see / read none of the post / comment is about "altitude of a mountain" in the dodoroso's post.
What everybody can read, dodoroso wrote : "where in other part of tropical Southeast Asia people can do both ?"
So what is your actual point ? I have observed in some of the posts / comments of yours,
It seems you have a habit of frequently out of the context of the discussions;
(I would not be willing to show your comments as I meant, even if you ask.)
It would be enough if you do introspection / self-examine just for yourself, sorry!

Note: anybody no need to reply this post /this comment. I will not / never give any responses as reply, sorry.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 AM

1,021 posts, read 3,639,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyplay View Post
Please be smarter in your comments, and please do not make others become confused.
Which one of the post /comment is then you replied with such comment ?.
If the post that you commented on is a picture of people who was skiing on snow posted by dodoroso,
then I may say so, you give the impression is that you are a person who 'pretense knows all..knows everything' (if not to say you are a "stuck-up" one),
because I did not see / read none of the post / comment is about "altitude of a mountain" in the dodoroso's post.
What everybody can read, dodoroso wrote : "where in other part of tropical Southeast Asia people can do both ?"
So what is your actual point ? I have observed in some of the posts / comments of yours,
It seems you have a habit of frequently out of the context of the discussions;
(I would not be willing to show your comments as I meant, even if you ask.)
It would be enough if you do introspection / self-examine just for yourself, sorry!

Note: anybody no need to reply this post /this comment. I will not / never give any responses as reply, sorry.
Lol aren't you dodoroso/ditoroso?

why are you contantly spamming picture anyway? this thread is dead, what are you trying to prove anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.