U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 02:00 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,241,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I wonder why you always say this when Thailand and the Philippines are about the same, and they're not really dangerous at all compared to most countries. You say it over and over again even thought I always post statistics showing that the Philippines is relatively safe
Maybe it's more just Manila, but just what I've heard etc. Statistically though yeah, murder rates are actually quite similar, but Manila seems to have more dangerous areas. Bangkok doesn't feel unsafe walking around at night.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 AM

20 posts, read 14,899 times
@ejaydee: Filipinas do not look like South American women nor do they look like Latinas.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:45 AM

1,021 posts, read 896,670 times
I'm a Filipino and I try not to be biased. By the way, I haven't been to Vietnam though I met a lot of Vietnamese people here in Singapore.

1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ?
1) Thailand 2) Philippines (NIL) Vietnam - haven't seen any entertainment from Vietnam.

2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ?
1) Philippines 2) Thailand 3) Vietnam

3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ?
1) Thailand 2) Philippines (NIL) Vietnam - HAven't tasted any Vietnamese cuisine. I'm pretty sure it is better than Filipinos.

4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ?
1) Thailand 2) Philippines 3) Vietnam
For me, anything in PH can also be found in TH but TH has better infrastructure and tourism program.

5.Which country has the best fashioning ?
1) Thailand 2) Philippines 3) Vietnam - I hope I can see more fashion of Vietnam.

6.Which country has the best looking people ?
1)Vietnam 2) Thailand 3) Philippines
I like fair skin woman with curves. Vietnamese has it.

7.Which country people has the best educaton ?
Thailand because they have lots of good universities. Education in PH also focuses on personal development and class interactions.

8.Which country has most interested culture ?
1) Thailand 2) Vietnam 3) Philippines
Not really interested with cultures, museums and history.

9.Which country people has the best personality ?
1) Philippines 2) Thailand 3) Vietnam (based on few people I know)
Filipinos are outspoken while Thais are respectful.

10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ?

Old 05-29-2014, 05:42 AM

^ I wouldn't described Vietnamese women as 'curvy' on average. Filipinos are definitely moreso.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:05 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,669,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
^ I wouldn't described Vietnamese women as 'curvy' on average. Filipinos are definitely moreso.
When it comes to traditional costumes, the ao dai is pretty good (the cheongsam is better though) at showing more curves compared to those of other countries.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
When it comes to traditional costumes, the ao dai is pretty good (the cheongsam is better though) at showing more curves compared to those of other countries.
Yeah but on average Vietnamese like S.Chinese aren't the curviest of Asian women.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:19 PM

110 posts, read 106,710 times
Watch this video from BBC's pecial feature on the Philippines describing the country is comparable to South American countries than its Asian counterparts..

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mEQHbaBtVQA

Vietnam for me looks like China in so many ways...but of course it has its distinct and indigenous character.

Thailand is Thailand with its open society probably because of being a Buddhist nation (?)...

Both Thailand and Vietnam are really majority Asian-cultured countries while majority of the Philippines, they say is a nation situated at accidentally in Asia but with majority of its culture is of Latin...very evident of its culture, way of thinking, traditions, customs, names, ideals...

Old 05-31-2014, 12:54 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,001,496 times
^ I wonder why he said Metro Manila is 4 cities, it's 17 cities.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:12 AM

282 posts, read 606,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^ I wonder why he said Metro Manila is 4 cities, it's 17 cities.
Lack of research probably

Old 06-28-2014, 10:48 AM

282 posts, read 606,575 times
let me join mates.

Here's my take on the Filipino genes in majority or i say typical. Predominantly a combination of Malay, Polynesian, and a little bit of Chinese-Astronesian.

Though some parts have its distinct mixes. Places like: Batanes, Extreme Northern Ilocos and Cagayan- more on astronesian because of its proximity to Fujian China and Taiwan, Pampanga and Olongapo - high on Pinoys with Black or White mixes due to strong presence of Americans during their military presence then (almost a century), Cordillera region - more on astronesian and some japanese mixes.. - highly known concentration areas of the astronesian way back the pre colonization time, also the last stronghold of those japanese military during ww2. Zamboanga area - known for its Spanish culture and traces of spanish offsprings , as the only area in the Philippines that has dialect (Chabacano) heavily based in Spanish Language.

Also, Pinoys and polynesian in common? both wide bodied and beast in rice consumption
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or