U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM

84 posts, read 171,358 times

Advertisements

List from best to worst

1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ?
2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ?
3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ?
4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ?
5.Which country has the best fashioning ?
6.Which country has the best looking people ?
7.Which country people has the best educaton ?
8.Which country has most interested culture ?
9.Which country people has the best personality ?
10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 PM

6 posts, read 16,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Jack View Post
List from best to worst

Hi,
Here is the option for your questions

Most Advanced Entertainment
=======================

1) Thailand 2) Philippines 3) Vietnam

National Language Sounding
=====================
1) Philippines 2) Vietnam 3) Thailand

Best cuisine
==========
Thai

Tourist Attraction
=============
Thailand

Best Fashioning
============
Thailand

Best Education
===========
Thailand

Note : These all my prediction only.

I prefer Thailand is Best among three

Regards,
Roger

Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 PM

13,013 posts, read 19,886,523 times
1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ? Thailand, Philippines
2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ? Philippines
3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ? Thailand, Vietnam
4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ? Thailand, but all of them really.
5.Which country has the best fashioning ? Same
6.Which country has the best looking people ? Same
7.Which country people has the best educaton ? Vietnam
8.Which country has most interested culture ? Vietnam, Thailand
9.Which country people has the best personality ? Philippines
10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ? Philippines, thailand

I've spent alot of time in all 3, and can elaborate more later.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 01-30-2013 at 11:54 PM..

Old 01-31-2013, 01:15 AM

lol I forgot to put my list. I also have spent awhile of time in all 3 countries as well. I visited in every part of all 3 of them Northern,Center and Southern.

My list
Thailand,Philippines,Vietnam.
Thailand is obviously the most successful enteraining among Southeast Asian.

Philippines,Thailand,Vietnam.
Tonal language is sound a little bit annoying to me lol.

Vietnam,Thailand,Philippines.
Thai is doing well but I am just personally don't like spicy food.

Vietnam,Thailand,Philippines
I like Halong Bay in Vietnam, there is no sea in Northern Thailand, Northern Philippines kind of giving diffrent feeling which is I am not so interested in that feeling.

Thailand,Vietnam,Philippines
From real experience Thais seem to be the most fashionable.

Well I am Asian (Singaporean) I maybe have Asian's stereotype that lighter skin is better lol, Physical appearance of average Thai and Vietnamese are quite a bit lighter than Filipino. Thai and Vietnamese in overall, from what I experienced they both have same skin tone, but for some reason I found that Thais kind of have longer face shape than Vietnameses in overall, Vietnamese face shape kind of flater/rounder.

I've look up on CIA factbook, it said that Thailand invest the most money on education compare to other two.

Vietnam,Thailand,Philippines
It's kind of hard to say about culture because each of them have their own style. So I just go for the one that has the most Chinese culturally then, because I am Chinese Singaporean lol.

Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand both are 2nd.
Filipino are obviously the most friendly people in Asia !

Thailand,Philippines and Vietnam both are 2nd.
I think the more developed should be better I guess.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ? Thailand, Philippines
2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ? Philippines
3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ? Thailand, Vietnam
4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ? Thailand, but all of them really.
5.Which country has the best fashioning ? Same
6.Which country has the best looking people ? Same
7.Which country people has the best educaton ? Vietnam
8.Which country has most interested culture ? Vietnam, Thailand
9.Which country people has the best personality ? Philippines
10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ? Philippines, thailand

I've spent alot of time in all 3, and can elaborate more later.
ELABORATION on my answers...

Advanced entertainment: Thailand is #1 in the world. The Philippines is pretty close though!

National Language: I dislike the tonal languages. Plus the language barrier is much more difficult with them as well. In the Philippines, not much of a language barrier at all. It's actually easy to forget that they even have their own languages.

Cuisine: Easily Thailand or Vietnam. I like both of them. The Philippines doesn't compare to them.

Weather/Tourism: They all have plenty of things to do. Most westerners like the added bonus of Buddhist Temples in Vietnam/Thailand, but they all have plenty to see. Weather is similar in all of them.

Fashion: I actually really like to see the traditional Vietnamese attire in Vietnam. Generally though, I don't find any of them that fashionable.

Best-looking. Plenty of good looking in all three. I actually have a preference for the Vietnamese look. But, the language barrier doesn't help much. The Philippines actually has an advantage that the good-looking ones are still going to be very interested in you, PLUS you can communicate with them. But the worst-looking Filipinos are the worst looking of all. But, that's all superficial to some degree, and relative to what a person finds attractive or not attractive.

Education. I don't find that the Philippines or Thailand putting much emphasis or interest in Education at all. Vietnamese DO though. The confucianism and Chinese influence. They immensily value Education. Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese are the big 3 that parents will do almost any sacrificing whatsoever to get their kids in good schools and give them the best in education.

Culture. Thailand and Vietnam. More exotic and different, etc.

Personality: The Philippines dominates this one.

Best of all: Take your pick between The Philippines and Thailand. Philippines has the best personality, love music, tons of musicians, tons of island-hopping, diving, swimming, oceans, islands, etc. Good nightlife and lots of English. Thailand has the better food and culture and most exotic. Vietnam is certainly interesting, but the immense language barrier and the day-to-day living there is taxing.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:47 AM

4,580 posts, read 3,743,346 times
Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam

Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam

Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines

Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines

Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam

Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 PM

17,641 posts, read 19,027,454 times

Folks:

If you have a legitimate complaint regarding a post please report it by clicking on the Report Posts icon. And from the Terms Of Service (TOS) which you agreed to when you registered Terms Of Service "Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards."

Thank you in advance...

Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 AM

Physical appearance comparison of Filipino,Vietnamese and Thai. Compare area by area, Northerner vs Northerner/Center vs Center/Southerner vs Southerner.

Northern

Laoag,Filipinos vs Hanoi,Vietnameses vs Chiang-Mai,Thais

Laoag

http://www.phototour.minneapolis.mn.us/7441

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hanoi

Traffic in Hanoi, Vietnam. | Vietnam Stock Photography by NOI Pictures.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chiang Mai

Chiangmai Mail - Vol. VIII No. 16 - Tuesday * April 21 - April 27, 2009 *&nbsp Features
Center

Cebu,Filipinos vs Danang,Vietnameses vs Bangkok,Thais

Cebu

http://www.senate.gov.ph/photo_release/2009/1003_00.asp

Danang

Student of the University of Danang receives scholarship in Canada Education Fair in Danang
Bangkok

Chulalongkorn University - CU - Chula Gruadation | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Southern

Davao,Filipinos vs Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnameses vs Phuket,Thais

Davao

http://www.mindanews.com/tag/davao-city/
Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

Traffic Jam in Saigon, Vietnam | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Phuket

Phuket Street Show Festival 2010 | Jamie

Last edited by Great_Jack; 02-01-2013 at 02:06 AM..

Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:
I am kind of don't get what do you mean in here. What do you mean by visayans? or tagalogs ?

From what I experienced all Filipinos look the same to me doesn't matter where are they from, Davao/Cebu/Manila or even far north like Laoag. They are all look definitely the same.

For Thais and Vietnameses, it obviously that northerner look more like Southern Chinese. While southerner look more like Filipino or Malay.
In a nutshell, Tagalogs are the people in and around Manila, initially. It was their language that became the national language.

Visayans are people who live in the many islands between Luzon (where Manila is at) and Mindinao. The Philippines is basically divided into Luzon, Visayas and Mindinao.

They all look pretty much the same, just have different native languages. ejay seems to think they all look significantly different though, but he's the first I've ever heard who said that.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 AM

3,547 posts, read 4,924,122 times
Quote:
I am kind of don't get what do you mean in here. What do you mean by visayans? or tagalogs ?

From what I experienced all Filipinos look the same to me doesn't matter where are they from, Davao/Cebu/Manila or even far north like Laoag. They are all look definitely the same.

For Thais and Vietnameses, it obviously that northerner look more like Southern Chinese. While southerner look more like Filipino or Malay.
I dont think you guys meant it that way, but not all Filipinos look the same.There's an even wider range of looks than in Vietnam. It goes from Miconesian-looking, to Malay, to East Asian, even a few blacks. However, that's not really defined by region (at least the large regions) because there's a range of these looks throughout the Philippines. Only some isolated areas have a more homogenous look, and that has to do with the fact that they were isolated, like these groups...

Ifugao
Children of Benguet | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mangyan
Exciting girls for athletic festival today! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Personally, the area around where the Ifugaos live in the only place in the Philippines where I actually noticed that the people looked different. It was more homogenous and it was noticeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia