U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 05:41 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,119,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
So how long have you learned it BTW?
I'm not sure whether this is sarcasm or you just suffer from severe short term memory loss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 04:14 AM

919 posts, read 602,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I'm not sure whether this is sarcasm or you just suffer from severe short term memory loss?
Oh, the guy is from Taiwan? I didn't know that

Old 03-13-2016, 12:03 PM

4,367 posts, read 1,810,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Jack View Post
List from best to worst

1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ?
2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ?
3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ?
4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ?
5.Which country has the best fashioning ?
6.Which country has the best looking people ?
7.Which country people has the best educaton ?
8.Which country has most interested culture ?
9.Which country people has the best personality ?
10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ?

Note : For China also including Chinese's city-state like Singapore,Hong Kong and Taiwan too.
Japan hands down

Old 03-13-2016, 03:07 PM

1,424 posts, read 734,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Oh, the guy is from Taiwan? I didn't know that
My generation watched Taiwanese TV since childhood. Everyone watched tons of 瓊瑤, for example
I can still sing many of the songs.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
My generation watched Taiwanese TV since childhood. Everyone watched tons of 瓊瑤, for example
I can still sing many of the songs.
All of those tv shows starred Chinese or HK actors instead of Taiwanese actors though, there were some Taiwanese ones but they were few and far between.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:28 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,668,647 times
Quote:
All of those tv shows starred Chinese or HK actors instead of Taiwanese actors though, there were some Taiwanese ones but they were few and far between.
As far as I remember, most Chiung Yao movies were starred by Lin Ching-Hsia, Chin Han and other "Taiwanese" actors. Although most of them are "waishengren", they're still "Taiwanese" nonetheless, even though they were born in the mainland or their ancestral home is in the mainland. Anyway, I myself cannot stand Chiung Yao shows, but I remember my sister used to cry buckets. Really cheesy and melodramatic. If these are what represents Chinese entertainment, Korean and Japanese shows are millennia ahead. Chiung Yao stories have plots similar to Romeo and Juliet anyway.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
As far as I remember, most Chiung Yao movies were starred by Lin Ching-Hsia, Chin Han and other "Taiwanese" actors. Although most of them are "waishengren", they're still "Taiwanese" nonetheless, even though they were born in the mainland or their ancestral home is in the mainland. Anyway, I myself cannot stand Chiung Yao shows, but I remember my sister used to cry buckets. Really cheesy and melodramatic. If these are what represents Chinese entertainment, Korean and Japanese shows are millennia ahead. Chiung Yao stories have plots similar to Romeo and Juliet anyway.
Yeah maybe the movies, I'm too young, the ones I've watched (mostly tv shows, such as 還珠格格, the number of reruns on tv is simply ridiculous) were mostly starred by Chinese actors, out of the main cast only like 2 of them were Taiwanese, and they hired Chinese voice actors to dub them so the characters would sound less Taiwanese.

I used to read those novels when I was very young (what was I thinking lol), her stories are so one-note and cringe-worthy, the sexism is very hard to digest. I do think that 還珠格格 is a decent story though, most of the characters are actually quite sharp and the storylines are fun and unexpected, unlike those pathetic weaklings and prettified adulteries in most of her other novels.

Most of the K-dramas are extremely cheesy and melodramatic as well, the more original stories surfaced fairly recently tbqh.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:48 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,501,804 times
Arguably, no one dresses better or more stylishly than the metropolitan Japanese.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:17 AM

919 posts, read 602,586 times
Quote:
Yeah maybe the movies, I'm too young, the ones I've watched (mostly tv shows, such as 還珠格格, the number of reruns on tv is simply ridiculous) were mostly starred by Chinese actors, out of the main cast only like 2 of them were Taiwanese, and they hired Chinese voice actors to dub them so the characters would sound less Taiwanese.
Most Chinese dramas/films are like that. I am pissed off by that.

Shuhuan should have talked in Cantonese, lol.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:58 PM

1,424 posts, read 734,986 times
Quote:

I used to read those novels when I was very young (what was I thinking lol), her stories are so one-note and cringe-worthy, the sexism is very hard to digest. I do think that 還珠格格 is a decent story though, most of the characters are actually quite sharp and the storylines are fun and unexpected, unlike those pathetic weaklings and prettified adulteries in most of her other novels.

Most of the K-dramas are extremely cheesy and melodramatic as well, the more original stories surfaced fairly recently tbqh.
You are way too young...
In the 1980s to early 1990s, 秦漢,林青霞,馬景濤,劉雪華,陳德容,潘迎紫 ... were popular.

In fact, at that time the TV shows had traditional Chinese subtitles and they were not removed by mainland TV channels. That's probably why we read traditional Chinese smoothly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or