U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:32 AM

84 posts, read 367,630 times

Advertisements

List from best to worst

1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ?
2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ?
3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ?
4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ?
5.Which country has the best fashioning ?
6.Which country has the best looking people ?
7.Which country people has the best educaton ?
8.Which country has most interested culture ?
9.Which country people has the best personality ?
10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ?

Note : For China also including Chinese's city-state like Singapore,Hong Kong and Taiwan too.

Last edited by Great_Jack; 02-01-2013 at 12:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,144,182 times
1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ? I prefer Korea nightlife. But 'advanced entertainment' would go to JAPAN.

2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ? JAPANESE.

3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ? KOREAN.

4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ? JAPAN

5.Which country has the best fashioning ? KOREA & JAPAN.

6.Which country has the best looking people ? KOREAN

7.Which country people has the best educaton ? Korea & Japan are good. I just dont know about China with that.

8.Which country has most interested culture ? JAPAN & CHINA

9.Which country people has the best personality ? KOREAN? Maybe Chinese.

10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ? JAPAN. But they are all good.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:15 AM

369 posts, read 799,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Jack View Post
List from best to worst

1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment ?
2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding ?
3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall ?
4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ?
5.Which country has the best fashioning ?
6.Which country has the best looking people ?
7.Which country people has the best educaton ?
8.Which country has most interested culture ?
9.Which country people has the best personality ?
10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall ?

Note : For China also including Chinese's city-state like Singapore,Hong Kong and Taiwan too.
I might get flamed for this but i'd gotta say that Japan pretty much wins Korea and China hands down in most of these aspects (due to her unique culture and quirkiness).

Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 AM

6,725 posts, read 6,599,126 times
China is much more diverse than Korea and Japan. More than 50 languages are spoken in China, and even the "Chinese" language is actually tens of languages.
Food is different in every province. Literally every city has its own special.

China easily has the best looking people due to 1.3 billion population. If you want to talk about average, I still think people in some Chinese provinces are better looking. (S Korea is smaller than a small province of China. Japan is equivalent to 1~2 big provinces of China.)

Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,141,996 times
In my opinion:

1.Which country has the most advanced enterainment? Japan. Korea has pop music and China goes toe-to-toe with Japan in the film industry (although Korea's no slouch), but Japan has the best balance. Korea for #2.

2.Which national language do you think has the best sounding? Japanese. Korean's too nasally and I don't care for tonal languages like any of the dialects of Chinese.

3.Which cuisine you found to be the best in overall? Chinese because of the diversity, but you really can't go wrong with any of these. Chinese #1, Japanese #1a, Korean #1b.

4.Which country has the best weather and tourist attraction ? China, Japan, Korea. This is purely because of China's size. China has some of the best weather and some of the worst weather.

5.Which country has the best fashioning? Japan.

6.Which country has the best looking people? Korea.

7.Which country people has the best educaton? There are probably statistical measures of this. Japan is considered to have the best universities, but I find them to be a bit of a joke.

8.Which country has most interesting culture? There's a bit of overlap of culture imported from China (although, one could argue that Korea is the most Confucian today). I'll go with Japan overall, because it's the one I'm most familiar with.

9.Which country people has the best personality? Koreans. I never pass up an opportunity to drink with Koreans.

10. Which country to you think you is the best in overall? Japan. Perhaps this is because I'm most familiar with Japan, though.

Quote:
Including Hong Kong and Taiwan is fair, but not really Singapore. Singapore's Malay population is 13% or so. Also, English is the main language of Singapore.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,141,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
That's not quite different from Japan, though: The Famous Foods Of Every Japanese Prefecture [North, East, Central]

There are just more cities in China.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,872,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
China is much more diverse than Korea and Japan. More than 50 languages are spoken in China, and even the "Chinese" language is actually tens of languages.

China easily has the best looking people due to 1.3 billion population. If you want to talk about average, I still think people in some Chinese provinces are better looking. (S Korea is smaller than a small province of China. Japan is equivalent to 1~2 big provinces of China.)

Population does not equal best looking. Even when I look at individual providence's, I find none attractive. I never found an attractiveness to Chinese people. I love the history and some of the modern culture (aside from communism and oppressive government), but the people are just ugly with the exception of a random attractive woman.

Japan and Korea both have unique dish to all of their cities, and while not 50 languages they both have multiple dialects, which is what most of those 50 "languages" you speak of.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 AM

22,120 posts, read 23,634,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Population does not equal best looking. Even when I look at individual providence's, I find none attractive. I never found an attractiveness to Chinese people. I love the history and some of the modern culture (aside from communism and oppressive government), but the people are just ugly with the exception of a random attractive woman.

Japan and Korea both have unique dish to all of their cities, and while not 50 languages they both have multiple dialects, which is what most of those 50 "languages" you speak of.
It probably depends on what part of China you're exposed to, because people in different parts of China look pretty different from each other. Supposedly the most attractive are those who live in the Sichuan basin area while the least attractive are those in the Guangdong area (I am not saying that this is true, it's just the stereotype). The funny thing is, the vast majority of chinese overseas both historically and still true to the current day are from Guangdong and its neighbors will the interior, being not on a coast, such as the Sichuan basin area have had low amounts of foreign immigration.

The dialects you're talking about for Korean and Japanese are way more mutually intelligible for Korean and Japanese speakers than the dialects of China which have vast differences--and this is before including different languages often from unrelated language families. It's not really comparable.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM

6,725 posts, read 6,599,126 times
Quote:
And you find otherwise in Korea and Japan?
It is really weird then.

Quote:
Such languages are spoken in China (not by immigrants but by local residents): Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakka, Min, Wu...), Tibetan, Mongolian, Uighur, Kazakh, Tajik, Zhuang, Miao (Hmong), Yi, Dai (Thai), Korean, ...)
Korean and Japan are no comparison.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,872,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
It probably depends on what part of China you're exposed to, because people in different parts of China look pretty different from each other. Supposedly the most attractive are those who live in the Sichuan basin area while the least attractive are those in the Guangdong area (I am not saying that this is true, it's just the stereotype). The funny thing is, the vast majority of chinese overseas both historically and still true to the current day are from Guangdong and its neighbors will the interior, being not on a coast, such as the Sichuan basin area have had low amounts of foreign immigration.

The dialects you're talking about for Korean and Japanese are way more mutually intelligible for Korean and Japanese speakers than the dialects of China which have vast differences--and this is before including different languages often from unrelated language families. It's not really comparable.
Ask a Japanese person if they understand someone speaking the native dialiect of Kagoshima. Then ask the same person if they understand the dialect of folks speaking Okinawan. They do not, I have experienced this personally.

My father in law could never understand his father in law since they were from Kagoshima and he is from just north of Tokyo.

The Korean language I will admit is a bad comparison.

As for the response to my comment about attractiveness, it is what it is to me. We all like different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or