Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 AM

185 posts, read 472,364 times

Advertisements

Piers Morgan: The Luxury Life of Dubai & A Luxury Tour Of Dubai - YouTube

heres a documentary on it, the good and the bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,222 times
All you have seen are Iranians outside Iran whom never learn any thing about Islam majority grew up secular and eventually became westerner with no culture they are lost in the wind they are no longer Iranians even those who live in Northern Tehran or cities like Urmia who are wealthy and so on Iranian true Culture always been very devoted to their faith and even when I was a kid growing up we always went to Mosque and my mother raised us very religious even I left Iran when I was very young still up to this day I continue to pray never ate haram and never drunken alcohol nor smoke cigaret do not tell me Iranians in Iran are secular on the contrary they are very devoted shia who follow Messenger of God and his family and in every house Qur'an been red every day and prayers done 5 times a day on time and this is a culture of 1430 years and you can change that ever don't bother even trying

Old 07-21-2015, 02:05 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concern Muslim View Post
All you have seen are Iranians outside Iran whom never learn any thing about Islam majority grew up secular and eventually became westerner with no culture they are lost in the wind they are no longer Iranians even those who live in Northern Tehran or cities like Urmia who are wealthy and so on Iranian true Culture always been very devoted to their faith and even when I was a kid growing up we always went to Mosque and my mother raised us very religious even I left Iran when I was very young still up to this day I continue to pray never ate haram and never drunken alcohol nor smoke cigaret do not tell me Iranians in Iran are secular on the contrary they are very devoted shia who follow Messenger of God and his family and in every house Qur'an been red every day and prayers done 5 times a day on time and this is a culture of 1430 years and you can change that ever don't bother even trying
Your imam must have issued a fatwa against the use of punctuation.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:46 PM

191 posts, read 166,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Your imam must have issued a fatwa against the use of punctuation.
Haha.

I was rather impressed by what he produced. It must be hard to write anything with one's head buried so deeply in the sand(or somewhere else).

To Concerned Muslim
So I will concede this to you--by all accounts, Iranian society (forget the government, we all know what that's like) is a good deal more conservative than, say, Turkey. But those who let loose more than make up for it. Your house parties are legendary. Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll. Ok, maybe they aren't exactly like that, I don't know exactly what music is played there.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:27 AM

16 posts, read 17,385 times
Iran is not a middle east country , it has a distinct culture and history.Its a persian country but its a Shia theocracy as against most middle eastern countries which are sunni theocracies.
There still are medieval punishments like blinding convicts with acid to blind him , so yea so much so its liberalness

Old 07-23-2015, 05:49 AM

63 posts, read 64,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concern Muslim View Post
Who are you to define who is iranian or not?

Old 07-23-2015, 10:14 AM

191 posts, read 166,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apekonge View Post
Who are you to define who is iranian or not?
He's a guy with an internet connection. In this day and age, that's enough.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:59 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,212,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I have interacted with over a dozen young Iranians. ALL of them drink alcohol and many eat pork.
Their girls dress like westerners and behave that way too.

It's quite different from what US media made me believe.
No israel is.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:37 AM

5,692 posts, read 4,876,557 times
Before the Taliban rose up in Afghanistan, wasn't it too a very secular place, politically speaking?

Old 07-26-2015, 11:04 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,660,528 times
Hard to measure by population, as with other places it varies but in terms of laws not all. One of the least in the region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia