U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,377,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Bull****. How can you tell the difference between a Bhutan, Burmese, Sri Lankan, Nepali, Pakistani, Maldivan, Bangaladeshi. etc? I can spew the same crap with your type but its stupid to lump up an group of ppl under that narrow prism. Its not about PC, it really about maligning a group of ppl. There are examples of this everywhere in society and it affects many groups. As for scientific knowledge, here you go

The "axillary organs", limited regions with equal numbers of apocrine and eccrine sweat glands, only exist in humans, gorillas, and chimpanzees. In humans, the apocrine glands in this region are the most developed (with the most complex glomeruli). Men have fewer apocrine sweat glands than women in all axillary regions.
East Asians have fewer such glands than Europeans and people of African descent, which decreases their susceptibility to body odor. Individuals of African ancestry have the largest and most active apocrine glands. Racial differences also exist in the cerumen glands: apocrine sweat glands which produce earwax. East Asians have predominantly dry earwax, as opposed to sticky; the gene encoding for this is strongly linked to reduced body odor, whereas those with wet, sticky earwax (Europeans and Africans) are prone to more body odor

Spewing BS as it if were facts lacks credibility on your part.
Well Indians are often considered 'Caucasoids' along with Europeans, so like I said that, and their diet, might have something to do with it. I'm of East/SE Asian ancestry and even after vigorous exercise don't have much body odour. I have, however, met Asians with fairly strong BO but it just seems less common. I went to school with people of all ethnicities, including South Asians, and going to the change-rooms after PE was never a pleasant experience. I guess Europeans in general also have noticeably stronger BO, so it's not just Indians (but that's where the stereotype came from). It's just Indians, among Malays and Chinese who are Mongoloid, are more closely related to Europeans.

I don't mean to malign Indians - I had numerous Indian friends and I'm fascinated by Indian culture, love the food.etc. I don't see them as lesser at all, just stating an observation. Perhaps it's best if I hadn't mentioned it at all, since I know people might get offended.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 AM

2,299 posts, read 3,397,810 times
I'm Indian and I think it's safe(and alright) to say that Indians tend to perspire more and have more body hair than people from eastern Asia. It's also safe to say that someone who doesn't perspire that much and normally doesn't interact with people that perspire more than them will probably notice the smell of perspiration a lot more.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 AM

1,953 posts, read 5,205,573 times

Last edited by mr bolo; 02-25-2013 at 09:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or