U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:14 PM

491 posts, read 1,332,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I haven't heard of any 'not wanting' Filipinos. But, I'd imagine there are definitely problems.

One thing I noticed in South Korea, was Koreans would hire 'entertainers' i.e. musicians.
They are certainly talented as musicians and singers. One of my buddies from college would go spend spring break with his family on many cruises. But, after being on so many cruises, his parents didn't pick the cruises based on the intinerary but based on a particular Filipino band on the ship, lol.

Having gone to a few cruises myself , I was also able to witnessed some of the talented Filipino bands on the cruise ships. Depending on the cruise ships, the workers sometimes wear pins on their lapels with their country of origin and I noticed that the ice carvers on the cruise ships were Filipinos. They do amazing worked. Now, that I think about it, the cruise ships were stacked with Filipino workers, there were ship engineers servicing the ship and waiters from what I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
But, they'd want female singers/musicians, and as soon as they arrived, theyd try to put them near the U.S. military bases and strongly encourage them to milk the U.S. military guys, and prostitute themselves literally, or just in a way of milking guys to buy 'lady drinks' all night.
I was travelling to Toyko one time and sat next to a gentlemen who used to be in the US airforce and was on his way to Manila. He chatted about his days in the Philippines. He said the same thing about the ladies at the strip bars milking the guys and making them buy drinks all night. Not only that, he had one episode in Manila where he hired the taxi driver for the night and befriended him and insisted he tagged along in the bars cause he knew the owner. Little did he know, the taxi driver was in on it as well. The driver insisted the gentleman to buy more drinks and milked the guy. He said the taxi drivers received some kind of "commission" for bringing in foreigners in their bars and milk them for as much as they can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM

47 posts, read 75,489 times
lol I know I was mistreated in the Phillipines.

Jesus palimino what a corrupt place.

Cant count how many times I was cut with butterfly knives.

The police tried to arrest me one day for being with what they thought was an underaged girl. She was in her twenties with a baby face.
When they couldn't get me that way, they charged me with kissing in public. This place is insane I thought. I finally got rid of them by giving then so many Phillipine Pesos, about $20.

Kissed the ground when I landed in the states. Don't care if I ever go back.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 AM
FBF

572 posts, read 693,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Koreans look down on Filipinos ? So why are they flocking the Philippines to study and live if they think so low of Filipinos ? Filipinos should just stop supporting their music and novelas and if we are looked down by most East Asians why should we associate with them ?
Because the Korean won goes farther against the Phillipine peso.

Enough that a middle class Korean family can afford a big house with a garden in the Phillipines compared to a small apartment in Seoul or other big cities.

Koreans see Filipinos as third world migrant workers and you should google the nasty comments Jasmine Lee (a naturalized Korean citizen) endured when she indirectly won a seat at Korean parliament due to her party winning the elections a couple of years ago.

In fact, google how Koreans treat Southeast Asians in general.

Last edited by FBF; 04-11-2013 at 02:06 AM..

Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,008,917 times
^ Jasmine Lee doesnt look that different from Koreans, so I dont see why it was such a big deal

Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 AM
FBF

Jasmine Lee is ethnically Filipina and she is a shade or two darker than the average Korean (though part of that unnatural pale complexion which Koreans claim to have are thanks to skin bleaches in their sanitary products and make up).

Which is quite funny because if Koreans were not so afraid of the sun and stop using skin whitening products, a good number of them would have similar complexions as Jasmine.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,970,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
Jasmine Lee is ethnically Filipina and she is a shade or two darker than the average Korean (though part of that unnatural pale complexion which Koreans claim to have are thanks to skin bleaches in their sanitary products and make up).

Which is quite funny because if Koreans were not so afraid of the sun and stop using skin whitening products, a good number of them would have similar complexions as Jasmine.
lol now I'm curious about who is this Jasmine Lee. So I search on her video on youtube and read comments there too.

YouTube Jasmine Lee Speaks Out for Foreign Wives Arirang Today - YouTube

I believe they really look down on Southeast Asians. Notice some of the comments from other thread.
I guess some appreciated her but reading comments. yes, there are people that do not like her. I don't know if that person who says most of the koreans do not like her. They look down on us I guess because we are in the 3rd world class country. They even bragged their MD's etc. IQ thing.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 AM
FBF

Blessed her heart that she found a Korean man who loved her for her and did not care about her ethnicity (most international marriages that involve Koreans are usually women with foreign husbands).

Too bad he died.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:07 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,970,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
Blessed her heart that she found a Korean man who loved her for her and did not care about her ethnicity (most international marriages that involve Koreans are usually women with foreign husbands).

Too bad he died.
I have cousin who is married to a Korean lady. so I don't hate such a group of people, but the thing is I dislike people who judge based on race all the time. It's not her fault and her husband that they fell in love to each other & had a multiracial kid. I guess some countries are not that open-minded. I saw a documentary about Korean-Filipino kids in the Philippines, their father couldn't take them in Korea because they are not full Korean. I guess they just wanted to preserved their race or culture but prejudice is not the answer too.

Last edited by pinai; 04-11-2013 at 02:18 AM..

Old 04-11-2013, 02:14 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,008,917 times
Filipinos can be just as racist. Ask a black person who has been to the Philippines

Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 AM
FBF

I can believe it....I was mistaken to be half-Korean and most of the Korean elders yelled and discriminated against me and gossiped about me with dirty looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or