U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-22-2013, 05:15 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129

Advertisements

actually japan is alot more feminist then other countries in asia

the more modernized/richer you become the more feminist movement grows

actually there is a concern in japan because many women dont want to get married

poorer SEAsian countries are actually less feminist IMO

 
Old 02-22-2013, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
Reputation: 9483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
actually japan is alot more feminist then other countries in asia

the more modernized/richer you become the more feminist movement grows

actually there is a concern in japan because many women dont want to get married

poorer SEAsian countries are actually less feminist IMO
That's generally true, but the Philippines has a really good record for women's rights, women in power, etc.

But, generally, I also agree that wealth does make equality of genders more likely. Personally I think it also has to due with the fact that less people have less kids in a wealthier country. When you only have a kid or two, it's more likely that they'll have a much higher quality of life, regardless of gender.

I'm also very interested in the direction of China in the future. As it progresses more, and also the fact that they had the '1 child policy' which meant a lot of aborted females. With such skewed fewer females, it seems inevitable that men will really have to cater to them, to attract one.
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:06 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That's generally true, but the Philippines has a really good record for women's rights, women in power, etc.

But, generally, I also agree that wealth does make equality of genders more likely. Personally I think it also has to due with the fact that less people have less kids in a wealthier country. When you only have a kid or two, it's more likely that they'll have a much higher quality of life, regardless of gender.

I'm also very interested in the direction of China in the future. As it progresses more, and also the fact that they had the '1 child policy' which meant a lot of aborted females. With such skewed fewer females, it seems inevitable that men will really have to cater to them, to attract one.
thats true for upperclass filipina women....but in the rural areas feminism is almost non-existant

...number 1 reason why japanese dudes marry filipina girls is because they think they are more submissive then the modern japanese woman
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
thats true for upperclass filipina women....but in the rural areas feminism is almost non-existant

...number 1 reason why japanese dudes marry filipina girls is because they think they are more submissive then the modern japanese woman
This is believable. Japan only seems that not feminist when compared with the US or Western Europe. Compared to most of the world it still is.
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
anyways western culture has created a non-feminist atmosphere in Philippines

ancient malay culture Philippines used to be matriarch society....Catholic introduction made it patriarch society

Catholic culture tells women to be obedient to husbands
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
anyways western culture has created a non-feminist atmosphere in Philippines

ancient malay culture Philippines used to be matriarch society....Catholic introduction made it patriarch society

Catholic culture tells women to be obedient to husbands
Well if it wasn't Catholic it might've turned Muslim like Indonesia and Mindanao, even worse.
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Europe
1,619 posts, read 1,275,977 times
Reputation: 2179
a lot of Japanese young women do not want marriage see The decline of Asian marriage: Asia's lonely hearts | The Economist
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
a lot of Japanese young women do not want marriage see The decline of Asian marriage: Asia's lonely hearts | The Economist
I just said that....
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well if it wasn't Catholic it might've turned Muslim like Indonesia and Mindanao, even worse.
yea probably...lol
 
Old 02-22-2013, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Europe
1,619 posts, read 1,275,977 times
Reputation: 2179
to ejay1
yes sorry I read your post , just thought posting a link for the information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top