U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Reputation: 129

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
If we talk about average Korean women who haven't had plastic surgery, they are no way best looking in all of Asia.

Left to Right: average faces of Korean women, Japanese women and Thai women.

In general, Japanese women and Thai women have slimer faces and higher percentage of double eyelids than Korean women. South Korea has world's highest rate of plastic surgery and it's estimated that no less than half of women in their 20s have already had plastic surgery.
hmmm considering 50% of their PS customers are chinese and other foreigners who go to Korea to have PS

 
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,369,517 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
hmmm considering 50% of their PS customers are chinese and other foreigners who go to Korea to have PS
Southern Chinese definitely have more double-eyelids/bigger eyes in general, many look SE Asian. Few Koreans look this way naturally. China is a diverse place with different looks. This still doesn't change the fact over half of Korean women have had PS!
 
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Southern Chinese definitely have more double-eyelids/bigger eyes in general, many look SE Asian. Few Koreans look this way naturally. China is a diverse place with different looks. This still doesn't change the fact over half of Korean women have had PS!
I have noticed southern chinese have bigger eyes/ double eyelids...maybe its due to being mixed with the ancestors of SEAsians who occupied southern china before han settelement


I do agree that few koreans have big eyes.....though some do naturally

korean idol- Yoona before she became famous

korean idol- Sooyoung

she almost looks SEAsian
 
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,369,517 times
Reputation: 11862
Again it's hard to know if they're natural, but yes some S.Koreans do look like that naturally. It's not common like it is among the Southern Chinese. And yes, they are generally a hybrid of the original Han (who came from NW/central China) and the original inhabitants. The broad nose typical of many S.Chinese (many of course don't have this nose) pretty much proves this. Some of my family members have noses almost as broad as Indonesians and very large eyes (bigger than many Europeans). My eyes are sort of medium, but horizontally small, while I have a fairly narrow, pointed nose. I even remember when I was like 9 one of my friends said, 'why do Chinese people have pushed in noses? (his words). Oh but yours isn't too bad.' Not looking down on them, but it is mostly certainly NOT a characteristic of the original Han.

Oddly, Koreans sometimes seem to have this nose type too yet they're less related to SE Asians. Maybe there was a migration directly into the Korean peninsula, similar to the influx of SEA genes in Japan. Some Japanese do look SE Asian. Like my sister. She looks most like a Vietnamese, Lao, Thai but I've also seen some Japanese who look like her.
 
Old 03-01-2013, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Again it's hard to know if they're natural, but yes some S.Koreans do look like that naturally. It's not common like it is among the Southern Chinese. And yes, they are generally a hybrid of the original Han (who came from NW/central China) and the original inhabitants. The broad nose typical of many S.Chinese (many of course don't have this nose) pretty much proves this. Some of my family members have noses almost as broad as Indonesians and very large eyes (bigger than many Europeans). My eyes are sort of medium, but horizontally small, while I have a fairly narrow, pointed nose. I even remember when I was like 9 one of my friends said, 'why do Chinese people have pushed in noses? (his words). Oh but yours isn't too bad.' Not looking down on them, but it is mostly certainly NOT a characteristic of the original Han.

Oddly, Koreans sometimes seem to have this nose type too yet they're less related to SE Asians. Maybe there was a migration directly into the Korean peninsula, similar to the influx of SEA genes in Japan. Some Japanese do look SE Asian. Like my sister. She looks most like a Vietnamese, Lao, Thai but I've also seen some Japanese who look like her.

I always wondered why southern chinese seem the most negative towards SEAsians when many southern chinese may be mixed with SEAsian ancestors

do you think the admixture of the southern chinese is the reason why they adapt better to SEAsia then any other foreigners in the country...

lol do you think this korean farmer looks SEA??
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...95268250_n.jpg
 
Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,369,517 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
I always wondered why southern chinese seem the most negative towards SEAsians when many southern chinese may be mixed with SEAsian ancestors

do you think the admixture of the southern chinese is the reason why they adapt better to SEAsia then any other foreigners in the country...

lol do you think this korean farmer looks SEA??
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...95268250_n.jpg
Who said they're the most negative?

Well obviously they come into contact with SEA's more, at least if you're talking the 'Overseas Chinese.' Remember most Southern Chinese are still in China and probably have no strong views about say Indonesians unless they follow the news.

Well they adapt better because they have the Asian culture in common and have been there a long time. How can you compare Asians with Europeans?

No he doesn't look SEA, he just looks dark.
 
Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Who said they're the most negative?

Well obviously they come into contact with SEA's more, at least if you're talking the 'Overseas Chinese.' Remember most Southern Chinese are still in China and probably have no strong views about say Indonesians unless they follow the news.

Well they adapt better because they have the Asian culture in common and have been there a long time. How can you compare Asians with Europeans?

No he doesn't look SEA, he just looks dark.
majority of overseas chinese in Southeast Asia come from southern china

indians are europeans???
 
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Rachel and Jun - YouTube

Here's another example.
or better yet
 
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,369,517 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
majority of overseas chinese in Southeast Asia come from southern china

indians are europeans???
Chinese have more in common with mainland SE Asia, especially Vietnam, than Indians. Indonesia doesn't have that many Indians.
 
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 PM
 
1,487 posts, read 2,054,556 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
or better yet
The girl in this photo looks more "hapa" to me than anything. She is certainly beautiful but not in the traditional Japanese sense of feminine beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top