U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 02:32 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,966,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
In the US, the most Catholic states are in New England which also happen to be among the most liberal. Such things as gay marriage are even recognized there and a lot of American politicians who are Catholic do not have views that are 100% in line with the church. Many church members also do not.
Gay Marriage is not allowed in Philippine Catholic Church unlike in the western. Marriage is for man and a woman only. That is why they don't recognize sex exchange in the Philippines like making them official female to male & male to female although gays are well accepted in the Philippine society but not in marriage vows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 03:06 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
I think gays and transsexuals are a lot more accepted in the Philippines than in the West. It's a traditionally Austronesian/Tai thing to be accepting of transsexuals because you see it in Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Samoa, Tonga, and other Pacific Islands

Old 05-04-2013, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I think gays and transsexuals are a lot more accepted in the Philippines than in the West. It's a traditionally Austronesian/Tai thing to be accepting of transsexuals because you see it in Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Samoa, Tonga, and other Pacific Islands
But not transgender when it comes to marriage. yes, we accepted gays but not like Thailand they officially recognized transgender as officially female from being a male after operation so as female to become male officially. Philippines is still a conservative country when it comes to this matter & we are not liberal are those in the western or other part of Asia where transgender are already accepted.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:11 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
It depends on a person not on religion. self discipline, and I don't know why people should blame it all to the catholic church. As long as parents can support their children. I know a Catholic family who has 12 children but their father supported them all and they even finished all in college & got better jobs. The problem are those in poor families who cannot support raising their children.
I agree I don't know why over population is blamed on the church.
Most middle class to upper middle class has less children compare to the poor. I think one of the reasons too is because the poor do not have other recreations or things that will keep their minds busy, all they think about is intimacy.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
I don't see so much in China. The gays in the Philippines are very loud, I don't really see here in China.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
But not transgender when it comes to marriage. yes, we accepted gays but not like Thailand they officially recognized transgender as officially female from being a male after operation so as female to become male officially. Philippines is still a conservative country when it comes to this matter & we are not liberal are those in the western or other part of Asia where transgender are already accepted.
Transgender people are not really accepted in the West. Maybe liberal people say they accept them, but it's still something that they'd scoff at or be shocked if they came to the Philippines. If a Westerner sees a transgender person in Thailand or the Philippines, they're quick to point out "Look everybody, it's a ladyboy!" So the West, specifically Europe, may have more liberal laws, but it's still not accepted by society on the level that it is in Tai & Austronesian societies

Old 05-04-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Transgender people are not really accepted in the West. Maybe liberal people say they accept them, but it's still something that they'd scoff at or be shocked if they came to the Philippines. If a Westerner sees a transgender person in Thailand or the Philippines, they're quick to point out "Look everybody, it's a ladyboy!" So the West, specifically Europe, may have more liberal laws, but it's still not accepted by society on the level that it is in Tai & Austronesian societies
It's seen in the media. Honestly, I wish they's stop putting transgenders on tv and in the movies, because those transgenders are influencing the young ones. I already saw a lot who are still around 10 years old and they already move, walk and talk like those famous transgender celebrities on tv.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
It's seen in the media. Honestly, I wish they's stop putting transgenders on tv and in the movies, because those transgenders are influencing the young ones. I already saw a lot who are still around 10 years old and they already move, walk and talk like those famous transgender celebrities on tv.
Yeah like Vice Ganda. One of the most famous people in the Philippines.

Vice Ganda pokes fun at Charo Santos-Concio - YouTube

I cant imagine that happening in any Western country. Maybe Brazil

Old 05-04-2013, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I agree I don't know why over population is blamed on the church.
Most middle class to upper middle class has less children compare to the poor. I think one of the reasons too is because the poor do not have other recreations or things that will keep their minds busy, all they think about is intimacy.
yes, that's it because they don't have something to do to make them busy.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah like Vice Ganda. One of the most famous people in the Philippines.

Vice Ganda pokes fun at Charo Santos-Concio - YouTube

I cant imagine that happening in any Western country. Maybe Brazil
Vice Ganda is not transgender though, I remember they asked him if he wants a sex exchange lol
and he doesn't want to. A lot are actually asking why there are so many gays in the Philippines lol..
I guess because there's more female population haha..bakit nga ba?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia