U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2013, 02:39 AM
 
1,099 posts, read 1,672,580 times
Reputation: 971

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Phiippines is not the same as other countries that only rich people go to Catholic Schools. There are also so many poor people who send their kids to Catholic Schools.
Public School on the other hand still have Religion subject.
Parents, aside from talking to their children should also guard them more. A friend of mine has a 16 year old girl and her father drives her to school everyday and picks her up everyday too. Whenever she goes to the movies, her father picks her up right away after the movie ends. Parents should just be more protective of their teens as there are so many pressures these days.
Middle class people may send their children to Catholic schools, but the vast majority still cannot afford private Catholic education. There are some places in the Philippines that the public schools are so overcrowded that they have two or more shifts in a single school, some even offering night high schools as it solves both the classroom shortage and the need for poor students to work odd jobs during the day. There are public schools so overcrowded that they hold some classes outside on the playground, just desks with a roof without walls.

Yes, parents need to guard their children. But the way you describe parents driving their daughters is just for the upper class or sometimes the upper middle class. The poor do not have cars. Not every poor parent has the time or money to be that protective of their children. Some even find it a burden to pay extra jeepney fare for a parent to go with their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2013, 02:54 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,971,875 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Middle class people may send their children to Catholic schools, but the vast majority still cannot afford private Catholic education. There are some places in the Philippines that the public schools are so overcrowded that they have two or more shifts in a single school, some even offering night high schools as it solves both the classroom shortage and the need for poor students to work odd jobs during the day. There are public schools so overcrowded that they hold some classes outside on the playground, just desks with a roof without walls.

Yes, parents need to guard their children. But the way you describe parents driving their daughters is just for the upper class or sometimes the upper middle class. The poor do not have cars. Not every poor parent has the time or money to be that protective of their children. Some even find it a burden to pay extra jeepney fare for a parent to go with their kids.
before marriage there is also a seminar requirements to take like the Pre-Cana and the teaching of the sacrament of marriage. this is all for different class of people. One of my classmate used to work in the campus but some dominican catholic priest supported his education. He was actually older than us and all of the children who works in our campus like Janitors and security guard they gave free education for them. So not everyone are rich kids some are scholars too. But I don't know if other catholic campuses do the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 03:46 AM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,857,765 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
before marriage there is also a seminar requirements to take like the Pre-Cana and the teaching of the sacrament of marriage. this is all for different class of people. One of my classmate used to work in the campus but some dominican catholic priest supported his education. He was actually older than us and all of the children who works in our campus like Janitors and security guard they gave free education for them. So not everyone are rich kids some are scholars too. But I don't know if other catholic campuses do the same thing.
It is the same in my school. I remember, i used to have so many classmates working in the school canteen ( cooking, washing the dishes, cleaning, in charge of the counters etc. ) and they get free tuition. Yes the security guards, janitors etc. get free tuition for their kids too but maybe just one kid per worker. Yes there are scholarships too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 03:51 AM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,857,765 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Middle class people may send their children to Catholic schools, but the vast majority still cannot afford private Catholic education. There are some places in the Philippines that the public schools are so overcrowded that they have two or more shifts in a single school, some even offering night high schools as it solves both the classroom shortage and the need for poor students to work odd jobs during the day. There are public schools so overcrowded that they hold some classes outside on the playground, just desks with a roof without walls.

Yes, parents need to guard their children. But the way you describe parents driving their daughters is just for the upper class or sometimes the upper middle class. The poor do not have cars. Not every poor parent has the time or money to be that protective of their children. Some even find it a burden to pay extra jeepney fare for a parent to go with their kids.
Some are not even middle class. I remember everytime it's time for examinations there are so many parents in the accounting office asking for Promisory note to allow their children to take the exams and they will just pay on the next term.
I also saw kids before who just stay in the classroom when it's break time because they didn't have money to buy food in the canteen.
More than anyone else, Parents should be the first ones to guide and guard their children. There are parents who simply do not monitor where their kids go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:05 AM
 
1,099 posts, read 1,672,580 times
Reputation: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
before marriage there is also a seminar requirements to take like the Pre-Cana and the teaching of the sacrament of marriage. this is all for different class of people. One of my classmate used to work in the campus but some dominican catholic priest supported his education. He was actually older than us and all of the children who works in our campus like Janitors and security guard they gave free education for them. So not everyone are rich kids some are scholars too. But I don't know if other catholic campuses do the same thing.
Seminar requirements for Catholic marriages are just a half day or one whole day. I am talking about the Catholic church helping provide free basic education, such as those provided in private Catholic schools, not just religion or catechism classes or Sunday schools. I am aware there are a few poor people such as children of school employees and other scholars, but they are still very few of them in private Catholic schools.

With all the talk about Catholic marriage requirements and other stuff, a common story in the Philippines is a woman who works in menial jobs and whose abusive alcoholic unemployed husband will beat her if she does not have sex with her. Her children are out on the streets begging. She's pregnant with her 5th child and if she confesses to the Catholic priest, the recommended action is to just tolerate all these and remain hush-hush. She is to preserve the sanctity of the Catholic marriage. She is still not to use any kind of contraceptive as it is against the Catholic teachings. Divorce is not possible and also against Catholic teachings. She has not even heard of annulment or no resources to even consider one if she has heard of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,971,875 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Seminar requirements for Catholic marriages are just a half day or one whole day. I am talking about the Catholic church helping provide free basic education, such as those provided in private Catholic schools, not just religion or catechism classes or Sunday schools. I am aware there are a few poor people such as children of school employees and other scholars, but they are still very few of them in private Catholic schools.

With all the talk about Catholic marriage requirements and other stuff, a common story in the Philippines is a woman who works in menial jobs and whose abusive alcoholic unemployed husband will beat her if she does not have sex with her. Her children are out on the streets begging. She's pregnant with her 5th child and if she confesses to the Catholic priest, the recommended action is to just tolerate all these and remain hush-hush. She is to preserve the sanctity of the Catholic marriage. She is still not to use any kind of contraceptive as it is against the Catholic teachings. Divorce is not possible and also against Catholic teachings. She has not even heard of annulment or no resources to even consider one if she has heard of it.
I don't think it's catholic church fault again. She's a battered wife and there is already a law for that even if that man is her husband she can even file a rape case for that. If there is violence and against the wife's will then she can just go to the police and do the action. catholic church do not allow violence when it comes to marriage. Do you think priest will tolerate that, nope I don't think so? That's why they allowed annulment. I'm sure the women group 'Gabriela' will support and back her up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 AM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,857,765 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Seminar requirements for Catholic marriages are just a half day or one whole day. I am talking about the Catholic church helping provide free basic education, such as those provided in private Catholic schools, not just religion or catechism classes or Sunday schools. I am aware there are a few poor people such as children of school employees and other scholars, but they are still very few of them in private Catholic schools.

With all the talk about Catholic marriage requirements and other stuff, a common story in the Philippines is a woman who works in menial jobs and whose abusive alcoholic unemployed husband will beat her if she does not have sex with her. Her children are out on the streets begging. She's pregnant with her 5th child and if she confesses to the Catholic priest, the recommended action is to just tolerate all these and remain hush-hush. She is to preserve the sanctity of the Catholic marriage. She is still not to use any kind of contraceptive as it is against the Catholic teachings. Divorce is not possible and also against Catholic teachings. She has not even heard of annulment or no resources to even consider one if she has heard of it.
I have a friend who is a priest and his views about that is to leave the husband when the husband beats the wife. But he doesn't encourage the woman to find another guy to live with because it is considered adultery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:26 AM
 
1,099 posts, read 1,672,580 times
Reputation: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I don't think it's catholic church fault again. She's a battered wife and there is already a law for that even if that man is her husband she can even file a rape case for that. If there is violence and against the wife's will then she can just go to the police and do the action. catholic church do not allow violence when it comes to marriage. Do you think priest will tolerate that, nope I don't think so? That's why they allowed annulment. I'm sure the women group 'Gabriela' will support and back her up.
I haven't heard or seen any poor people have an annulment in the Philippines at all, and the rich pay a lot just to get it. Anyway, yeah, there's a law against battered wives. OK, let's say that her husband is not violent and does not beat her, but still unemployed and wants to have sex with her when she doesn't want any more kids due to the difficulty of supporting them. What does the Catholic church recommend then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,971,875 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
I haven't heard or seen any poor people have an annulment in the Philippines at all, and the rich pay a lot just to get it. Anyway, yeah, there's a law against battered wives. OK, let's say that her husband is not violent and does not beat her, but still unemployed and wants to have sex with her when she doesn't want any more kids due to the difficulty of supporting them. What does the Catholic church recommend then?
The wife should think who will suffer? If I am the woman, I'll say NO. gosh, couple should'nt always think about themselves all the time. they should also think about the life of this Children. contraceptive is against the will of the church so it's actually us who has the power or choice. If the woman choose to have sex then it's her fault already some contraceptive are not even successful so they go to abortionist afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,857,765 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
I haven't heard or seen any poor people have an annulment in the Philippines at all, and the rich pay a lot just to get it. Anyway, yeah, there's a law against battered wives. OK, let's say that her husband is not violent and does not beat her, but still unemployed and wants to have sex with her when she doesn't want any more kids due to the difficulty of supporting them. What does the Catholic church recommend then?
Then he can do the Withdrawal .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top