Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Was the United States a third world country before 1963?

Griswold v. Connecticut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. It had segregation right up to about then also.
I know you were told it was the best.
Many would say it still is as to its views on guns, universal healthcare and free education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
Lol. White Vote Movement are Anti-RH and Purple Vote Movement are Pro-RH
this coming Senatorial Election.

White Vote vs Purple Vote? Who will win? - YouTube

Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
^ I though the RH Bill was already approved?

Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^ I though the RH Bill was already approved?
yes it was approved already but it still a topic. Church is still against it that's why they kept on promoting Pro-life. That's the reason why the White vote movement of other catholic religious group form and endorsed 6-10 candidates for the upcoming election and the Pro-RH which is purple also endorsed some candidates. lol... it's funny with these color coding movement.

I only like Hontiveros & Legarda in the purple movement and I think 2 from the white vote movement. the rest are 'trapo'.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
So it is possible to overturn it? I really hope that doesn't happen. The Philippines has been progressing a lot lately

Old 05-09-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
So it is possible to overturn it? I really hope that doesn't happen. The Philippines has been progressing a lot lately
The economic progress that we are having right now is because of the graft and corruption campaign &
also a lot of investor but the poor still don't feel the economic progress. But let's just give more time to see the result of all this campaign.

Quote:
High unemployment rate in Philippines despite strong economic growth

Despite strong economic growth, the unemployment rate in the Philippines remains the highest in Southeast Asia. The government hopes to create employment by drawing in more investments.

MANILA: Despite strong economic growth, the unemployment rate in the Philippines remains the highest in Southeast Asia.

The government admits it has not been able to meet its target of creating one million jobs a year, and now hopes to create employment by drawing in more investments.

Vivian Atienza, a 40-year-old single mother, will soon leave the Philippines to work as a domestic worker in Kuwait.

She said that if she had a choice, she would rather stay and find work in the Philippines, instead of leaving her seven-year-old son behind.

But after being jobless for six months, she decided to try her luck abroad.

She said: "I can't find any job here. I can only work as a household help because I did not finish schooling. Aside from that, domestic workers here can only earn US$60 but in Kuwait, I can earn as much as US$200.

"That is why even if it is hard, I need to go abroad to be able to feed my son and send him to school. I don't want to leave him but I can't find any job here."

Despite the country's high economic growth, more and more Filipinos are still finding it hard to find local jobs. That is why thousands of Filipinos can be seen lining up at the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration to apply for jobs abroad.

The Philippine economy grew at a better-than-expected 6. 6 per cent in 2012, yet unemployment, which rose to 7.1 per cent in January, remains the highest in Southeast Asia.

Analysts believe the number of jobless Filipinos is higher, and that the country needs to create a stronger industrial base to create more jobs.

Sonny Africa, executive director of the Ibon Foundation, said: "Right now, the Philippines is facing its worst unemployment in its entire history. The reality is that the Philippines now has at least 4.5 million unemployed Filipinos, the real unemployment rate is closer to 11 per cent.

"We have a structural problem, the economy is not being designed to create jobs. They are focusing on low value added services, they are focusing on business process outsourcing, on tourism, on creative industries. These are not industries that would create jobs at home."

The government admits that it has not been able to meet its target of one million jobs a year, and hopes the latest Fitch Ratings upgrade can help generate more jobs for the country's unemployed.

Nicon Fameronag, director of the Labor Communications Office, said: "We hope that more foreign investments will come because it will lower the cost of borrowing money so that small businesses who would like to expand, or entrepreneurs who would like to start a new business, will find it easier to borrow money to start their businesses.

"A job is basically created by the private sector, so we hope (that with) more investments coming (and) more businesses opening up, (this will lead to) more jobs (being) created in the countryside and even in the urban areas."

The government said its Medium-Term Development Plans include a shift from a consumer-led economy to an investment-led economy that will focus on job creation and inclusive growth.

- CNA/ms

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...de/659606.html
^ There is actually a lot of job in the Philippines but a lot do not look for jobs, crazy or choosy.

http://www.jobstreet.com.ph/

The problem in the Philippines is also the low-paying jobs and also some company they have this too much high standard in Job Qualification specially for the fresh graduates in college. They hardly get a job because of the requirements that they should have experience. The cost of living is still expensive.

Last edited by pinai; 05-09-2013 at 03:10 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
The economic progress that we are having right now is because of the graft and corruption campaign &
also a lot of investor but the poor still don't feel the economic progress. But let's just give more time to see the result of all this campaign.

^ There is actually a lot of job in the Philippines but a lot do not look for jobs, crazy or choosy.

Jobs in Philippines, Job Search, Job Employment, Apply Job, Jobs in Manila, Work Abroad

The problem in the Philippines is also the low-paying jobs and also some company they have this too much high standard in Job Qualification specially for the fresh graduates in college. They hardly get a job because of the requirements that they should have experience. The cost of living is still expensive.
I agree. The requirements for jobs in the Philippines are too high. There is so much discrimination too. Imagine, they always stress " preferably from Reputable Schools like " . So if your school is not listed, you hardly stand a chance or that you are already hesitant to apply. In other countries they don't have such. Age is the same. When you are above 25 your chances are already slim. It's really too much.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I agree. The requirements for jobs in the Philippines are too high. There is so much discrimination too. Imagine, they always stress " preferably from Reputable Schools like " . So if your school is not listed, you hardly stand a chance or that you are already hesitant to apply. In other countries they don't have such. Age is the same. When you are above 25 your chances are already slim. It's really too much.
specially if you graduated in the province that is not a well-known school and the 'with pleasing personality' lol sometimes those who are applying the job think that the company is searching for good looking applicant instead of good personality. I know a lot of Filipinos misunderstood this kind of requirement hahaha..

Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Legalizing contraception willbe the beginning of a trend that will lead to legal abortion. It has happened many times in other nations. It is a slippery slope.
yes, that is the reason why the church is totally against it and we don't want our country to be
so liberated. We still wanted to keep the values and morality.

^implementing proper dress code is just one of the changes. because a lot of
Filipinos forget that they will attend the church and not a fashion show or lol beach party
because showing some sexy attire provoke sin and we're praying 'Our Father'
that saying to keep us away from sin.

Well a lot of Filipinos are stubborn, simple rules they do not follow anymore.

Like for example this big sign it says 'DO NOT PASS' showing where they can pass
and it's already in Filipino language to understand.

Last edited by pinai; 05-09-2013 at 10:49 PM..

Old 05-09-2013, 10:54 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
specially if you graduated in the province that is not a well-known school and the 'with pleasing personality' lol sometimes those who are applying the job think that the company is searching for good looking applicant instead of good personality. I know a lot of Filipinos misunderstood this kind of requirement hahaha..
Pleasing is friendly personality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia