U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 07:34 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,433,356 times

Advertisements

In Canada, in small towns where there are not many indians I have seen indian women marry white guys, But in the big cities or even small ones that have a significant Indian population it is rare. Even if they are University educated and surrounded by other people they still prefer to look for another Indian. Religion plays a big role in this, you will never see a sikh person marry outside their religion. I have seen Indian guys date females of other ethnicities but many times, when it comes to getting married they just won't marry outisde their religion, the females end up getting hurt in the end. I've seen this happen many times.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 PM

1,434 posts, read 2,116,023 times
Nah. ...many Indians date non Indians. Marriage and dating are two separate issues that many ppl confuse. Dating does not necessarily mean it will lead to marriage. Why are Indian ppl held to a higher standard than others? Religion nowadays is playing a minor role. Sure, the older generation will stress it but the younger generation is not buying it anymore, especially in the West. As for caste, it will only relate to Hindus. Not all Indians are hindus. Even caste is not a an issue depending on the exposure, wealth, education ....such families may have. There will always be conservatives but the trend is changing slowly.

This peception of Indian guys kicking non Indian women to the side, is a bunch of bull****. It is hyped up to put the Indian man in a box and stereotype them into a narrow prism. Does it happen? Sure maybe. But all the time? You are lying to yourself. Most of you NON INDIANS only talk about caste, Sati, smell and some other bull****. Grow up. You focus only on some negative backward crap. Why won't you place the emphasis on other points? Your media dumbs you down incredibly. There are a billion plus ppl over there......formulating your opinion based of a few experiences is not an accurate representation of the big picture.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,964,408 times
I think it is seldom to see a south asian woman marrying a non-south asian

Natasha and Julius's Islamic Wedding Ceremony 2012 / Mehndi [ Pakistani / Filipino ] - YouTube
^I guess it depends, it should be at least same religion?

Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM

22,119 posts, read 23,642,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I think it is seldom to see a south asian woman marrying a non-south asian

Natasha and Julius's Islamic Wedding Ceremony 2012 / Mehndi [ Pakistani / Filipino ] - YouTube
^I guess it depends, it should be at least same religion?
that looks fun. and those girls were banging.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:27 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,002,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
that looks fun. and those girls were banging.
Seems like a Pakistani is more apt to marry out than an Indian. Maybe it has to do with religion?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:34 PM

686 posts, read 957,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Seems like a Pakistani is more apt to marry out than an Indian. Maybe it has to do with religion?
I can speak only from experience. I was engaged to an Algerian girl for 6 months or so. My brother is married to a Chinese Muslim. To many of us, Islam trumps all else in terms of a spouse. So long as someone is a Muslim, I see no issue in race etc.

This is not true of all peoples who claim to be Muslims. But if Islam is truly in your heart, you see not race or wealth. Only iman.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM

686 posts, read 957,936 times
That said, broadly speaking, in the US/UK/West, Asian women are the same as every other group. Some easy, some hard. Just kick slick game at that and see what happens.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:

Its all about religion for Muslims, I think. You can convert to Islam today, be from any country/color, log on to a matrimonal website and find yourself a Muslim bride pretty damn quick. I have done it just for kicks, even though I am not Muslim lol. Found a few cuties lol who were interested..

Old 05-19-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:

I don't know. I know a few Paki's who married out. But I also, know a some Indians who married out also. My uncle divorced his wife and kid for a black chick. My cousin married an Italian chick. My brother is engaged to Puerto Rican.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I don't know. I know a few Paki's who married out. But I also, know a some Indians who married out also. My uncle divorced his wife and kid for a black chick. My cousin married an Italian chick. My brother is engaged to Puerto Rican.
for a women marrying other nationality is not easy specially if you are a muslim & very much traditional. For South Asian men is very common but the women, I don't think it's common. Some Indian they have this traditional dowry, I heard the reason why there's a lot of men working overseas is because they have sisters in the family and they have to earn money for their sisters so they can give dowry for the men that they choose to marry, If the guy came from a better family and studied the dowry will be more harder for the woman. I got this information from my co-worker who are Indians.

But I know an Indian woman married an American black guy cause I was invited on her wedding day and She's a Christian Indian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or