U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM

9,612 posts, read 9,487,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
non-jewish, or non-practicing jewish? Two different things. A lot of recent arrivals from the former Soviet Union are ethnically Jewish, but have almost zero Jewish faith and little Jewish traditions. Under the law of return, that still classifies them as Jewish.

There was a problem with neo-Nazis arising from Russian immigrants to Israel a few years ago.

Israel's nightmare: Homegrown neo-Nazis in the Holy Land - Middle East - World - The Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 04:24 PM

32,251 posts, read 33,161,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Here is an article about Filipinos living in Israel:

Young Filipinos integrating into Israeli society, but not without difficulties | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

I was wondering how people who are not from a Jewish background are accepted in Israel. According to this article, the Fillipinos, being traditionally Catholic, seem to be managing rather well.
The Filipinos are marrying Israelis in order to stay in Israel and therefore intergrate into the local society.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,767,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
There was a problem with neo-Nazis arising from Russian immigrants to Israel a few years ago.

Israel's nightmare: Homegrown neo-Nazis in the Holy Land - Middle East - World - The Independent
That would be a problem esp since the country imports people that have no real attachment to the Jewish religion or culture, especially when people don't feel any connection if one of their grandparents or great grandparents who were Jewish.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:15 PM

9,334 posts, read 19,508,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The Filipinos are marrying Israelis in order to stay in Israel and therefore intergrate into the local society.
Can you provide links to prove they are all marrying Israelis?

Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Can you provide links to prove they are all marrying Israelis?
I have heard it directly from Israelis who live in Israel.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I have heard it directly from Israelis who live in Israel.
So its all hearsay then.. No actual proof. I thought so. I've heard Americans make comments about Mexicans being illegal in the this country.. does this mean all Mexicans are illegal? No way, Jose. In WWII nazis made comments about jews.. was that true.. not.

IF you are going to stereotype an entire group of people.. at least provide some facts, not from hearsay.

Can people try to refrain from making blanket assumptions about an entire group of people? People who can't.. are just plain ignorant and are malisciously spreading lies.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,607,240 times
Very interesting to hear that Filipinos are going to Israel to work as domestic workers.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
So its all hearsay then.. No actual proof. I thought so. I've heard Americans make comments about Mexicans being illegal in the this country.. does this mean all Mexicans are illegal? No way, Jose. In WWII nazis made comments about jews.. was that true.. not.

IF you are going to stereotype an entire group of people.. at least provide some facts, not from hearsay.

Can people try to refrain from making blanket assumptions about an entire group of people? People who can't.. are just plain ignorant and are malisciously spreading lies.
It is not exactly hearsay as I remember reading some articles about this in the Hebrew language Israeli press online perhaps a year ago or more. I also know an Israeli who personally knows a Filiphino woman in Israel who married an Israeli whose sister was looking for an Israeli guy to marry in order to stay in Israel. So I don't see this as hearsay as there are certainly cases to prove this.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:58 AM

Quote:
It is not exactly hearsay as I remember reading some articles about this in the Hebrew language Israeli press online perhaps a year ago or more. I also know an Israeli who personally knows a Filiphino woman in Israel who married an Israeli whose sister was looking for an Israeli guy to marry in order to stay in Israel. So I don't see this as hearsay as there are certainly cases to prove this.
So if someone told you that Jews are all cheap and are money hungry would you agree? Its on web sites, its what some (ignorant) people say. Yes there are cases but your statement above implies ALL OF THEM. Stop making generalizations. Yes there are Jews that are cheap.. but you don't see me posting comments that they're ALL cheap and money hungry

Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Very interesting to hear that Filipinos are going to Israel to work as domestic workers.
They're not all domestic workers Tri. Where did you read that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia