U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteX View Post
By begin a Chinese mainlander myself I would rather say northern Vietnamese could be related to Chinese in case if that person is mixed of Chinese and Vietnamese. Other than that? No. Because Vietnamese race doesn't share any common root with the Chinese race. All the cultural similarities you see are nothing but result of ruled by Chinese in the past.

For Thai, I would say that they could related to Chinese by themselves because Dai/Tai people do shared same origin with southern Chinese. For those dark skin in Thailand I would say that they mostly are what remain from the old kingdom of Khmer empire.
Ezio did you really need to make another account to agree with yourself...lol

Old 05-06-2013, 04:38 PM

138 posts, read 644,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Ezio did you really need to make another account to agree with yourself...lol
LOL !

What you think is up to you bro, I have nothing to do with you brain lol.

(lol, you blame everyone that agreed with me to be my alternate account then fine lol, because to me everyone that agreed with you are basically nothing but you alternate account)

Old 05-06-2013, 11:47 PM

if you look at light skin thai or lao they do not have a very northeast asian face.....
look at their face its very distinct

http://myimages.bravenet.com/246/647/054/0/Mayx002.jpg
http://www.laopride.com/pictures1/hi-so-lao-girl-1.jpg

now look at dark skin viet
http://isvr.net/usr/1000819041/roste...fer_nguyen.jpg

Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 PM

84 posts, read 367,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
if you look at light skin thai or lao they do not have a very northeast asian face.....
look at their face its very distinct

http://myimages.bravenet.com/246/647/054/0/Mayx002.jpg
http://www.laopride.com/pictures1/hi-so-lao-girl-1.jpg

now look at dark skin viet
http://isvr.net/usr/1000819041/roste...fer_nguyen.jpg
I disagreed to judge what kind of look is the most Asian. There is no such thing as the most Asian looking, because every Asian are the most Asian in they own way. Don't forget that other people also have their own idea of what is Asian looking, so you can't be the standart of the world.

What is the concept of Asian looking in your idea? Let me guess, someone with wide wide flat face, wide flat nose, long and small eye shape?

Following your idea of look, so that means Japaneses are less Asian than Chineses to you right? Because most of Japaneses don't have those feature at all while Chineses do. Most of Japanese have feature as long small nose, long face, almond eye shape, lighter skin than Chinese.

When compare Thai to Vietnamese, it just kind of reminds me of when compare Japanese to Chinese. Thai would stand for Japanese while Vietnamese would stand for Chinese.

Vietnamese = Cantonese Chinese face (wide face,wide nose,clear jaw bone,long-small eye shape).
Thai = Okinawan Japanese face (longer face,pointy longer nose,less obvious jaw bone,almond eye shape, lighter skin than Vietnamese).

Majority of Thais and Japaneses (especially Okinawan, but some mainlander also counts) do look very similar to each other that be able to pass one another and leave no doubt to people. While many Vietnamese and Chinese (especially Cantonese) looking similar to each other and passing without doubt.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:24 PM

Some example of what am I talking about.

Thai

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-9962...-festival.html

Loy Krathong 2012: Yeepeng Lanna in Chiang Mai – A second chance to do it right | Mithun On The Net

Vietnamese

Hanoi Girls

Ao dai (Long Dress) – Piquancy of Hue, Vietnam | Vietnamcharm.com

Obviously, nose and face shape are the most obvious different between face-feature of Vietnamese and Thai. Vietnamese and Thai have their own common face-feature.

Last edited by Great_Jack; 05-07-2013 at 07:50 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 PM

Some example of similarities Thai and Okinawan Japanese. (I can't tell them apart who is Okinawan Japanese?/Who is Thai?, If they walk together).

Okinawan Japanese

Happy Hebert Home: More Okinawa Missions Trip Stories

lovely okinawa people | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Adulthood; Coming of Age Day | Japan Update

Thai

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thai Songkran New Year Festival

Chiangmai Mail - Vol. VIII No. 16 - Tuesday * April 21 - April 27, 2009 *&nbsp Features

Chulalongkorn University - CU - Chula Gruadation | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by Great_Jack; 05-07-2013 at 08:22 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 08:22 PM

Some example of similarities Vietnamese and Cantonese Chinese. (I can't tell them apart who is Cantonese Chinese?/Who is Vietnamese?, If they walk together.)

Cantonese Chinese

CHINA, SHENZHEN - FEBRUARY 8, 2008: Chinese People Shopping And.. Royalty Free Stock Photo, Pictures, Images And Stock Photography. Image 6891036.

China movie market | Magic Dumpling Entertainment

WWF Hong Kong - Over 2.5 million Hong Kong people participated in Earth Hour WWF: Hong Kong people are ready to commit to low-carbon living

Vietnamese

Traffic in Hanoi, Vietnam. | Vietnam Stock Photography by NOI Pictures.

Hanoi Girls

Ao dai (Long Dress) – Piquancy of Hue, Vietnam | Vietnamcharm.com

Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM

I agree that vietnamese look more like chinese and thai look more like okinawan

chinese look more NEA then okinawans though....

in fact okinawans show some Jomon(non-mongoloid) features
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sP7lVIleYS...an+promise.bmp

Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Jack View Post
I disagreed to judge what kind of look is the most Asian. There is no such thing as the most Asian looking, because every Asian are the most Asian in they own way. Don't forget that other people also have their own idea of what is Asian looking, so you can't be the standart of the world.

What is the concept of Asian looking in your idea? Let me guess, someone with wide wide flat face, wide flat nose, long and small eye shape?

Following your idea of look, so that means Japaneses are less Asian than Chineses to you right? Because most of Japaneses don't have those feature at all while Chineses do. Most of Japanese have feature as long small nose, long face, almond eye shape, lighter skin than Chinese.

When compare Thai to Vietnamese, it just kind of reminds me of when compare Japanese to Chinese. Thai would stand for Japanese while Vietnamese would stand for Chinese.

Vietnamese = Cantonese Chinese face (wide face,wide nose,clear jaw bone,long-small eye shape).
Thai = Okinawan Japanese face (longer face,pointy longer nose,less obvious jaw bone,almond eye shape, lighter skin than Vietnamese).

Majority of Thais and Japaneses (especially Okinawan, but some mainlander also counts) do look very similar to each other that be able to pass one another and leave no doubt to people. While many Vietnamese and Chinese (especially Cantonese) looking similar to each other and passing without doubt.
the most extreme NEA look would be korean

Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM

6,726 posts, read 6,607,688 times
There is no "Chinese look". All "Asian looks" can be found in China, no matter it is Kazakh, Mongol, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai...
Maybe some looks are found in China only but they still do not represent Chinese.

Many foreigners only see Cantonese or some other southern Chinese and think they represent the nation. It is just wrong.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia