U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
There is no "Chinese look". All "Asian looks" can be found in China, no matter it is Kazakh, Mongol, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai...
Maybe some looks are found in China only but they still do not represent Chinese.

Many foreigners only see Cantonese or some other southern Chinese and think they represent the nation. It is just wrong.
while that may be true...we are generally talking about cantonese

Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 PM

6,722 posts, read 6,597,578 times
Cantonese are "outliers" in China. Most people can tell Cantonese from "other Chinese".

Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
I totally agree that thai look okinawan
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qSO0DS51Xm...600/ai_mug.jpg

certainly not NEA though....just take a look at both thai and okinawan...they both have very strong non-EA looking faces

Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 AM

37 posts, read 133,131 times
ezio auditore here is a perfect example of how vietnamese can speak a mon khmer language and not be mon khmer by blood.

The Turks of Turkey today speak a Turkic language grouped together with many other asian turkic languages. Why does a dominant caucasian ethnic group speak a nomadic tribal asian language?

Quote:
Today's Turkish people are more closely related with the Balkan populations than to the Central Asian populations,[165][167] and a study looking into allele frequencies suggested that there was a lack of genetic relationship between the Mongols and the Turks, despite the historical relationship of their languages (The Turks and Germans were equally distant to all three Mongolian populations).[168] In addition, another study looking into HLA genes allele distributions indicated that Anatolians did not significantly differ from other Mediterranean populations.[166] Multiple studies suggested an elitecultural dominance-driven linguistic replacement model to explain the adoption of Turkish language by Anatolian indigenous inhabitants.[69][112] A group of Armenian scientists conducted a study about the origins of the Turkish people in relation to Armenians.
English is a West Germanic language
to you that means every american is german right ? every english person is german? lol. thats why your theory of vietnamese are more mon khmer than modern day thailand is false it is 100% false. To keep on blabbing that a proposed "ancient vietnamese" were once a mon khmer group has no ground in comparison to Thailands or Laos' recent Khmer bloodlines. 2000 years mixing makes a hell of a lot difference more than a population that recently came from China 500 years or less and has been mixing ever since. Who has more Khmer blood mathmatically? Well you still do not understand simple math to say that a 2000 year old proposed mon khmer blood poeple that have been mixed ever since has less of that khmer blood than a populationthat was just introduced to the khmer people.
vietnam
[ supposed khmer ancestor+ chinese] which began 2000 years ago. so [half chinese+half mon khmer + full chinese]=1/4 mon khmer 3/4 chinese and so on.
Thailand modern day
[tai+khmer] began in 1400s and the khmer population is still around in thailand... proving that there is more mixing there already. Even if it was just one mixing 600 years ago tai+khmer that is still sooner than supposed vietnamese mixing 2000 years back come on bro do some simple calculations....

and why do you keep skipping this genetic study?
According to a research study done by the Hopital Saint-Louis in Paris, France: Ô€œthe comparison of the Vietnamese with other East Asian populations showed a close genetic relationship of the population under investigation with other Orientals,Ô€Ł with the exception of seven unique markers. These results, along with remnants of Thai enzyme morphs, indicate a dual ethnic origin of the Vietnamese population from Chinese and Thai-Indonesian populations. According to another research by the Mackay Memorial Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan, the Vietnamese people are classified in the same genetic cluster as the Miao (Hmong), Southern Han (Southern Chinese), Buyei and Thai , with a divergent family consisting of Singaporean and Thai Chinese, Minnan (Hoklo) and Hakka.

How then do you explain the appearance of the Muong people? The muong are supposedly pure vietnamese who were not under chinese influence.
Muong Ethnic children-Enfants de MinoritÚs de Muong-Pho Doan village Thanh Hoa-Vietnam | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
of course! cherrypicked ) lol
Visiting Muong Village near Hanoi | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
cherrypicked ) lol
another muong villager (maybe they are planted chinese or tai immigrants =)
Suspicious | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
more muong villagers
Mirth | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Greeting Committe | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Since you are from Laos lets take a look at some Lao politicians.
bouasone bouphavanh who is from attapu southern laos is definetly very mon khmer he would fit in easily in cambodia
now lets look kaysone phomvihane (who is half lao(tai) half vietnamese [dark skin mon khmer to you trololo]btw)

lollsss yes great kaysone is definetly half blooded dark mon khmer vietnamese you are such a troll dude lolol

Old 05-12-2013, 03:22 AM

mon khmers were always called bai pu in ancient china

The Miao-Yao groups, who settled the middle reaches of the
Yangzi, were called Nan Man 南蛮, whereas the most southern branch of the
three groups of pioneers were referred to as the Bai Yue 百越 and the focus of this
paper.
Finally, the Bai-Pu百僕was the name given to the Austro-Asiatic (Mon-
Khmer) minorities on the extreme SW fringes of Chinese territory, including
groups such as the Blang, Wa, De’ang and many, many more in SE Asia. In time
Han historians, were able to get a clearer view of the Bai Yue, which they called

(d) Successors of the 骆越 Luoyue or Lạc Việt of SW Guangxi are located
south and west of Nanning, the Guangxi capital city) and in the Red River
Basin of Viet Nam including Hanoi; their precursors lived in dongs or villages
surrounded by mountains. Today this is the homeland of the Southern Zhuang,
N¨ng, and TÓy, a collection of Central Tai people and language groups
dwelling along the Sino-Vietnam border. It is to be noted, however, that the
name of the Vietnam Kingdom of 瓯骆 ┬u Lạc conquored by the Han general
赵佗 Zhao Tuo in 207 BC suggests that the Xi’ou and Luo Yue were closely
related or (partially) combined polities.

another indicator that the vietnamese ancestors were not mon khmers are that vietnamese women have been blackening their teeth since the hung king times. This does not come from betel chewing that is done by many. mon khmers not in my tribe at least bunong I do not see teeth blackening. I have not seen older khmer women do the teeth blackening either.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:56 AM

^^choumally sayasone current president of laos who from attapu southern laos cambodia border is clearly majority mon khmer

more lao politicians for mr lao ezio auditore

nouhak phomsavanh former lao president ( who is part dark skinned mon khmer vietnamese ha),,, half tai (laos) half vietnamese(dark skinned people to ezio)

and

Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 AM

138 posts, read 643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen monorom View Post
ezio auditore here is a perfect example of how vietnamese can speak a mon khmer language and not be mon khmer by blood.

The Turks of Turkey today speak a Turkic language grouped together with many other asian turkic languages. Why does a dominant caucasian ethnic group speak a nomadic tribal asian language?

English is a West Germanic language
to you that means every american is german right ? every english person is german? lol. thats why your theory of vietnamese are more mon khmer than modern day thailand is false it is 100% false. To keep on blabbing that a proposed "ancient vietnamese" were once a mon khmer group has no ground in comparison to Thailands or Laos' recent Khmer bloodlines. 2000 years mixing makes a hell of a lot difference more than a population that recently came from China 500 years or less and has been mixing ever since. Who has more Khmer blood mathmatically? Well you still do not understand simple math to say that a 2000 year old proposed mon khmer blood poeple that have been mixed ever since has less of that khmer blood than a populationthat was just introduced to the khmer people.
vietnam
[ supposed khmer ancestor+ chinese] which began 2000 years ago. so [half chinese+half mon khmer + full chinese]=1/4 mon khmer 3/4 chinese and so on.
Thailand modern day
[tai+khmer] began in 1400s and the khmer population is still around in thailand... proving that there is more mixing there already. Even if it was just one mixing 600 years ago tai+khmer that is still sooner than supposed vietnamese mixing 2000 years back come on bro do some simple calculations....

According to a research study done by the Hopital Saint-Louis in Paris, France: ÔÇťthe comparison of the Vietnamese with other East Asian populations showed a close genetic relationship of the population under investigation with other Orientals,ÔÇŁ with the exception of seven unique markers. These results, along with remnants of Thai enzyme morphs, indicate a dual ethnic origin of the Vietnamese population from Chinese and Thai-Indonesian populations. According to another research by the Mackay Memorial Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan, the Vietnamese people are classified in the same genetic cluster as the Miao (Hmong), Southern Han (Southern Chinese), Buyei and Thai , with a divergent family consisting of Singaporean and Thai Chinese, Minnan (Hoklo) and Hakka.

How then do you explain the appearance of the Muong people? The muong are supposedly pure vietnamese who were not under chinese influence.
Muong Ethnic children-Enfants de MinoritÚs de Muong-Pho Doan village Thanh Hoa-Vietnam | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
cherrypicked ) lol
more muong villagers

bouasone bouphavanh who is from attapu southern laos is definetly very mon khmer he would fit in easily in cambodia
now lets look kaysone phomvihane (who is half lao(tai) half vietnamese [dark skin mon khmer to you trololo]btw)

lollsss yes great kaysone is definetly half blooded dark mon khmer vietnamese you are such a troll dude lolol

Quote:

That could only be exception in a few case, but 90% of the time people those placed in the same family are most likely look similar/similar skin tone even they located very far away from each other.

Example: Taiwanese aboriginal and Indonesian both are Austronesian and they are located very far away from each other. This is how both of them look like.

Taiwanese aboriginal

Indonesian

Quote:
vietnam
Thailand modern day
I still don't get how the hell does your brain working?? Let me ask you this simple question,2000 years vs 600-700 years which is more?? I hope you aren't going to say 600 years is more than 2000 years, If you do I suggest that you will need to go to some doctor now. Anyway, 99.99% of people (except some retarded) will say that 2000 is more, so that means Vietnameses have been living along side Mon-Khmer (since 4800+ years) and mixing with Mon-Khmer more than Thai which is just begin only 600-800 years ago.

Quote:
According to another research by the Mackay Memorial Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan, the Vietnamese people are classified in the same genetic cluster as the Miao (Hmong), Southern Han (Southern Chinese), Buyei and Thai , with a divergent family consisting of Singaporean and Thai Chinese, Minnan (Hoklo) and Hakka.
Isn't that seem to be too broad? That is like saying Northern Chinese,Mongolian,Japanese,Manchurian and Korean are all related. I agreed that they are all look like they are related in case that we don't take some closer look on them, but when take some closer look on them it will shows that they aren't 100% the same. They are just similar to each other and the word "similar" isn't mean 100% the same, it just means close but not the exactly same.

Quote:
cherrypicked ) lol
more muong villagers
LOL ! No, they don't look either Thai/Dai/Tai or S.Chinese (based on face features like nose, face shape,eyes). They are still look like Mon-Khmer, they just have yellower tone than the Mon-Khmer in S.Vietnam/Cambodia (based on what you said, it's not all about skin tone).

Quote:

LOL, kaysone phomvihane is mixed with Vietnamese but are you sure that Vietnamese he mixed with was really true Vietnamese like Muong people?? I doubt, I bet that he mixed with some kind of Chinese-Vietnamese.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:31 AM

lol dude you are a huge troll i come from a mon khmer minority in cambodia and trust me I know how my people look like....

this muong lady is not mon khmer proving to me you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

this is a bunong tribe girl
http://www.globalteer.org/shares/para_445.jpg

http://www.globalteer.org/shares/para_444.jpg

rochom pnieng a girl from my tribe bunong (of course how could I not see the muong resemblance) rofl

she looks just like this

did you see mr bouphavanh? and mr sayasone those are true mon khmer ethnics in laos who speak lao. oh wait since they speak lao they are now tai right ? according to your logic but anyway yea those are two mon khmer who might be pretty pure maybe 20% tai or less from attapu.

I seriously am scared because I can't tell if you are trolling or really believe what you type here. Ive seen some of your posts on other sites and you are either a professional troll or a big time dumbass.

It doesn't fcking matter if they have lived alongside or been mon khmer for 4000 years even ...once you have relations with another race that has 0 relation to your own you are automatically 50% of your bloodline. The vietnamese since 2000 years have already been less than 3/4 mon khmer to the least dude why is that so hard for you to figure.. Say that 50% mk blooded person then marries another percentage its down even lower than that. If this whole hypothesis is correct about vietnam being a mon khmer they have been mating with chinese,(chinese dominations) (random tai tribes)(recent Hoa) and who knows what else for so long that bloodline is near gone. just like the study showed.

Now Thailand the Tai ethnics that entered around 1400s have more recent mon khmer gene expression and thats just the bottom line. Who can claim mon khmer blood more it shouldnt be that hard to answer. A man from Hanoi? Oh my 200x great grandfather was a pure mon khmer! or a modern Thai citizen my 15x great grandfather was a pure mon khmer....

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 AM

haha nice i love how you auto fast response saying kaysones vietnamese side is more chinese ) rofl yes cherry picking at its finest huh ?
if you have to cherry pick and say someones vietnamese is more chinese then obviously it shows that vietnamese are more chinese to begin with...

are you saying his vietnamese is full chinese 75/25 chinese viet 50/50? or just speaking out of ur behind.

these are khmer chen aka chinese khmer
chea sim
http://cambodiaairdefense.files.word...-sim.jpg?w=720
lon nol
http://image1.findagrave.com/photos2...5848858600.jpg

now i dont know their chinese blood percentage. but to me if what you keep blabbing that vietnamese are really mon khmers then all vietnamese should look like khmer chen(a mix of mon khmer+ chinese). But they dont... so it just keeps proving my point whatever mk blood vietnamese have is little to nothing. they dont look anything close to khmer chen's they just look pretty much full southern chinese to me

Last edited by sen monorom; 05-12-2013 at 06:57 AM..

Old 05-12-2013, 05:02 PM

138 posts, read 643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen monorom View Post
lol dude you are a huge troll i come from a mon khmer minority in cambodia and trust me I know how my people look like....

this muong lady is not mon khmer proving to me you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

rochom pnieng a girl from my tribe bunong (of course how could I not see the muong resemblance) rofl

she looks just like this

did you see mr bouphavanh? and mr sayasone those are true mon khmer ethnics in laos who speak lao. oh wait since they speak lao they are now tai right ? according to your logic but anyway yea those are two mon khmer who might be pretty pure maybe 20% tai or less from attapu.

I seriously am scared because I can't tell if you are trolling or really believe what you type here. Ive seen some of your posts on other sites and you are either a professional troll or a big time dumbass.

It doesn't fcking matter if they have lived alongside or been mon khmer for 4000 years even ...once you have relations with another race that has 0 relation to your own you are automatically 50% of your bloodline. The vietnamese since 2000 years have already been less than 3/4 mon khmer to the least dude why is that so hard for you to figure.. Say that 50% mk blooded person then marries another percentage its down even lower than that. If this whole hypothesis is correct about vietnam being a mon khmer they have been mating with chinese,(chinese dominations) (random tai tribes)(recent Hoa) and who knows what else for so long that bloodline is near gone. just like the study showed.

Now Thailand the Tai ethnics that entered around 1400s have more recent mon khmer gene expression and thats just the bottom line. Who can claim mon khmer blood more it shouldnt be that hard to answer. A man from Hanoi? Oh my 200x great grandfather was a pure mon khmer! or a modern Thai citizen my 15x great grandfather was a pure mon khmer....
Quote:

she looks just like this
Who care about only your tribe? Since Cambodia is a country that doesn't have just only your tribe.

Cambodian

Muong (True Vietnamese as you claimed about)

They obviosuly look very similar base on face feature, Muong just only have a little bit yellower tone than the Cambodian (and following "your" logic, it's not all about skin color).

Quote:

LOL ! Sure he is speaking Tai, but that only because it's the national language. Btw don't you even know that people in areas of southern Laos (around border of Cambodia) aren't even speak Tai as their mother tone, those people have their own language (which sound similar to Khmer language) as mother tone. They only speak Tai because it's national langauge but Tai isn't their mother tone language.

Also when I am talking about the langauge, I only count from the langauge that group of people speaks as mother tone, because that could explain of how those people originally related to. Those languages that speak only because of influence aren't going to count.

Quote:
LOL , how do you know that it always be 50%? It could be 50/50 in case that both population are equal in number. I doubt that population of S.Chinese and the Tai combined are ever made up to 40% of the original Vietnamese (Mon-Khmer, Lac Viet) on that time. Why? Because if it was 50/50 and S.Chinese and Tai were the ruler class of the society (which means they have more of power to control the society), Vietnam today would end up as Tai or Chinese speaker already.

So why they don't lol (even they were slave of both S.Chinese and Tai on that time)? It just obvously that on that time their population were a lot greater than Tai and S.Chinese that even be able to push Tai and Chinese to speak their Mon-Khmer language as the main language of the society.

Quote:
Look at how bullsh1ting/trolling you are LOL !
You mention just "only Vietnamese in Hanoi" while you mention about the "whole country of Thailand"?
LOL, look like you forgot another 2/3 of the country like center Vietnamese and southern Vietnamese, and those 2/3 of Vietnamese population didn't ever have Tai/S.Chinese mixed like northern Vietnamese. Which means they are basically Mon-Khmer/Cham. Yes, 2/3 of country population are basically a bunch of purely Mon-Khmer and some Cham. Only Northern Vietnamese that are mixed with Tai and S.Chinese.

If you are going to compare Vietnamese in Hanoi, it has to be match with Thai in Chiang-Mai. Not a bullsh1t like compare an area to the whole country. Whole country have to be match with whole country, an area have to be match with an area.

Also if we talk about how recent, isn't the one (Thai/Tai/Dai/Lao) that have been in Southeast Asia shorter time tent to be lesser mix with Mon-Khmer ?, the fact is they have been in Southeast Asia a lot shorter (700 vs 4800 years) so it means fewer of them have mixed with Mon-Khmer than Vietnamese.

I don't get of what the heck are you claiming about by telling that the one (Vietnamese) that have been in Southeast Asia a lot longer is lesser mix with the Mon-Khmer, how the heck is this works out anyway?

Vietnamese only have connection with Tai and S.Chinese only in past 2000 years (and still connect with the Mon-Khmer at the same time), while 20000 years ago before that the only people that they have been living along side and had connection with was nothing but Mon-Khmer.

Unlike the Thai/Lao have been only had connection with Mon-Khmer just only when they get down from China to Southeast Asia (which is only 700 years), before that like 20000 years ago Lao/Thai only connection with S.Chinese and some other tribe in Southern China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia