U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 05:06 PM

138 posts, read 643,000 times

Advertisements

Anyway, the last fact is when it comes to area vs area. Thai shown more of northerner looking.

Northerner

Northern Vietnamese in Hanoi (mixed of Mon-Khmer,S.Chinese and Tai/Dai)

Northern Thai in Chiang-Mai (pure Tai/Dai)

Old 05-12-2013, 05:40 PM

138 posts, read 643,000 times
Even in the center area comparison like Danang vs Bangkok, Thai still shown more of northerner looking. ( Also don't ever think about to blame that Thai in the center are mixed Chinese. Because if you do I will also blame that Vietnamese in northern Vietnam are also mixed of Tai and S.Chinese, they aren't true Vietnamese (Lac Viet) of Vietnam which is Mon-Khmer).

Danang Vs Bangkok

Danang

Bangkok

Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 PM

37 posts, read 133,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio_Auditore View Post
Who care about only your tribe? Since Cambodia is a country that doesn't have just only your tribe.

Cambodian

Muong (True Vietnamese as you claimed about)

They obviosuly look very similar base on face feature, Muong just only have a little bit yellower tone than the Cambodian (and following "your" logic, it's not all about skin color).

LOL ! Sure he is speaking Tai, but that only because it's the national language. Btw don't you even know that people in areas of southern Laos (around border of Cambodia) aren't even speak Tai as their mother tone, those people have their own language (which sound similar to Khmer language) as mother tone. They only speak Tai because it's national langauge but Tai isn't their mother tone language.

Also when I am talking about the langauge, I only count from the langauge that group of people speaks as mother tone, because that could explain of how those people originally related to. Those languages that speak only because of influence aren't going to count.

LOL , how do you know that it always be 50%? It could be 50/50 in case that both population are equal in number. I doubt that population of S.Chinese and the Tai combined are ever made up to 40% of the original Vietnamese (Mon-Khmer, Lac Viet) on that time. Why? Because if it was 50/50 and S.Chinese and Tai were the ruler class of the society (which means they have more of power to control the society), Vietnam today would end up as Tai or Chinese speaker already.

So why they don't lol (even they were slave of both S.Chinese and Tai on that time)? It just obvously that on that time their population were a lot greater than Tai and S.Chinese that even be able to push Tai and Chinese to speak their Mon-Khmer language as the main language of the society.

Look at how bullsh1ting/trolling you are LOL !
You mention just "only Vietnamese in Hanoi" while you mention about the "whole country of Thailand"?
LOL, look like you forgot another 2/3 of the country like center Vietnamese and southern Vietnamese, and those 2/3 of Vietnamese population didn't ever have Tai/S.Chinese mixed like northern Vietnamese. Which means they are basically Mon-Khmer/Cham. Yes, 2/3 of country population are basically a bunch of purely Mon-Khmer and some Cham. Only Northern Vietnamese that are mixed with Tai and S.Chinese.

If you are going to compare Vietnamese in Hanoi, it has to be match with Thai in Chiang-Mai. Not a bullsh1t like compare an area to the whole country. Whole country have to be match with whole country, an area have to be match with an area.

Also if we talk about how recent, isn't the one (Thai/Tai/Dai/Lao) that have been in Southeast Asia shorter time tent to be lesser mix with Mon-Khmer ?, the fact is they have been in Southeast Asia a lot shorter (700 vs 4800 years) so it means fewer of them have mixed with Mon-Khmer than Vietnamese.

I don't get of what the heck are you claiming about by telling that the one (Vietnamese) that have been in Southeast Asia a lot longer is lesser mix with the Mon-Khmer, how the heck is this works out anyway?

Vietnamese only have connection with Tai and S.Chinese only in past 2000 years (and still connect with the Mon-Khmer at the same time), while 20000 years ago before that the only people that they have been living along side and had connection with was nothing but Mon-Khmer.

Unlike the Thai/Lao have been only had connection with Mon-Khmer just only when they get down from China to Southeast Asia (which is only 700 years), before that like 20000 years ago Lao/Thai only connection with S.Chinese and some other tribe in Southern China.
wrong, bouasone bouphavanh and choumally sayasone are labeled as lao loum. Why? Because they speak Lao and are buddhist. Khmer living in Laos are labeled as lao theung along with the many other mon khmer ethnics brao bru khmu sedang nahyun ta'oi etc

Maybe you can ask mr bouphavanh and mr sayasone what race they think they are. To me they are mon khmer brethren. to themselves? they might think they are lao loum or just Lao.

they are a direct example of speaking one language and not being the same race as the language. I really doubt either of these guys grew up in a mon khmer village but maybe you can ask them. They speak Lao (tai) and are mon khmer by blood. Vietnamese somehow speak mon khmer and are not mon khmer by blood. easy

dude vietnamese do not have a mon khmer face.... how many times do u have to argue with me about that? Vietnamese dont even look like a khmer chen who is a mon khmer mixed with south chinese. look at examples chea sim lon nol vietnamese dont look like that

bouphavanh is on the far right notice his facial features are even different than abhisit (pure chinese in thailand) hun sen (khmer chinese) and i dont know who the other guy is .

bouphavanh with a dark chinese politican can still see face is totally different. eyes are bigger with natural double eyelid looks younger

lets compare to the prime minister of vietnam. oh gosh i can see what you will say cherry picking already lol
nguyen tan dung

Now before you cry that oh he is from hanoi ) lol he was born in extreme southern vietnam in ca mau (since southern vietnam are just monkhmer+cham) gee i love how my cherrypicking is so truthful he looks exactly like bouphavanh maybe they are cousins right?
course! such a resemblance silly me ))))

you are a troll

Old 05-12-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Anyway, the last fact is when it comes to area vs area. Thai shown more of northerner looking.

Northerner

Northern Vietnamese in Hanoi (mixed of Mon-Khmer,S.Chinese and Tai/Dai)

Northern Thai in Chiang-Mai (pure Tai/Dai)
cant you at least update your resources a bit? its gets old to post the same crowd video with people covering their mouths lol

Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 PM

ezio it doesnt matter how long you hve been a race once it is split in half you only have half of those genes. The tai absorbed many khmer and it has definetly been more recent than vietnamese being absorbed by chinese. The vietnamese if anything ahve already been a totally different ethnicity with 2000 year of chinese blood in their body. Its not the same as Thailand wwhere someone can say their relative from 1500 was pure blood khmer. hell there are people in thailand that can say their great grandfather is pure blood khmer

Tai ethnic fusion [edit]

Over the centuries, the Tai intermarried and absorbed many of the other populations who co-inhabited and/or politically occupied the region, particularly populations of Mon–Khmer, Burmese, and Chinese descent. This fusion of ethnicity has led to considerable genetic diversity in the modern Thai people, and has resulted in a Tai population significantly diversify in culture, language and apparel from the Tai ethnic groups who remained in China. In addition, many of the individual Tai ethnic groups have merged under a common Thai identity, and have adopted a nationalistic view of their culture.

also no one has said it but the teeth blackening (not just chewing of betel) comes from northern peoples. the vietnamese even during the hung king times have been coloring their teeth black. Khmer never did this neither did the other mon khmer tribes.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen monorom View Post
ezio it doesnt matter how long you hve been a race once it is split in half you only have half of those genes. The tai absorbed many khmer and it has definetly been more recent than vietnamese being absorbed by chinese. The vietnamese if anything ahve already been a totally different ethnicity with 2000 year of chinese blood in their body. Its not the same as Thailand wwhere someone can say their relative from 1500 was pure blood khmer. hell there are people in thailand that can say their great grandfather is pure blood khmer

Tai ethnic fusion [edit]

Over the centuries, the Tai intermarried and absorbed many of the other populations who co-inhabited and/or politically occupied the region, particularly populations of Mon–Khmer, Burmese, and Chinese descent. This fusion of ethnicity has led to considerable genetic diversity in the modern Thai people, and has resulted in a Tai population significantly diversify in culture, language and apparel from the Tai ethnic groups who remained in China. In addition, many of the individual Tai ethnic groups have merged under a common Thai identity, and have adopted a nationalistic view of their culture.

also no one has said it but the teeth blackening (not just chewing of betel) comes from northern peoples. the vietnamese even during the hung king times have been coloring their teeth black. Khmer never did this neither did the other mon khmer tribes.
I dont think teeth blackening is purely a northern thing...I know some tribes in Insular SEAsia who do that

Last edited by ejay1; 05-12-2013 at 09:34 PM..

Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Who care about only your tribe? Since Cambodia is a country that doesn't have just only your tribe.

Cambodian

Muong (True Vietnamese as you claimed about)

They obviosuly look very similar base on face feature, Muong just only have a little bit yellower tone than the Cambodian (and following "your" logic, it's not all about skin color).

LOL ! Sure he is speaking Tai, but that only because it's the national language. Btw don't you even know that people in areas of southern Laos (around border of Cambodia) aren't even speak Tai as their mother tone, those people have their own language (which sound similar to Khmer language) as mother tone. They only speak Tai because it's national langauge but Tai isn't their mother tone language.

Also when I am talking about the langauge, I only count from the langauge that group of people speaks as mother tone, because that could explain of how those people originally related to. Those languages that speak only because of influence aren't going to count.

LOL , how do you know that it always be 50%? It could be 50/50 in case that both population are equal in number. I doubt that population of S.Chinese and the Tai combined are ever made up to 40% of the original Vietnamese (Mon-Khmer, Lac Viet) on that time. Why? Because if it was 50/50 and S.Chinese and Tai were the ruler class of the society (which means they have more of power to control the society), Vietnam today would end up as Tai or Chinese speaker already.

So why they don't lol (even they were slave of both S.Chinese and Tai on that time)? It just obvously that on that time their population were a lot greater than Tai and S.Chinese that even be able to push Tai and Chinese to speak their Mon-Khmer language as the main language of the society.

Look at how bullsh1ting/trolling you are LOL !
You mention just "only Vietnamese in Hanoi" while you mention about the "whole country of Thailand"?
LOL, look like you forgot another 2/3 of the country like center Vietnamese and southern Vietnamese, and those 2/3 of Vietnamese population didn't ever have Tai/S.Chinese mixed like northern Vietnamese. Which means they are basically Mon-Khmer/Cham. Yes, 2/3 of country population are basically a bunch of purely Mon-Khmer and some Cham. Only Northern Vietnamese that are mixed with Tai and S.Chinese.

If you are going to compare Vietnamese in Hanoi, it has to be match with Thai in Chiang-Mai. Not a bullsh1t like compare an area to the whole country. Whole country have to be match with whole country, an area have to be match with an area.

Also if we talk about how recent, isn't the one (Thai/Tai/Dai/Lao) that have been in Southeast Asia shorter time tent to be lesser mix with Mon-Khmer ?, the fact is they have been in Southeast Asia a lot shorter (700 vs 4800 years) so it means fewer of them have mixed with Mon-Khmer than Vietnamese.

I don't get of what the heck are you claiming about by telling that the one (Vietnamese) that have been in Southeast Asia a lot longer is lesser mix with the Mon-Khmer, how the heck is this works out anyway?

Vietnamese only have connection with Tai and S.Chinese only in past 2000 years (and still connect with the Mon-Khmer at the same time), while 20000 years ago before that the only people that they have been living along side and had connection with was nothing but Mon-Khmer.

Unlike the Thai/Lao have been only had connection with Mon-Khmer just only when they get down from China to Southeast Asia (which is only 700 years), before that like 20000 years ago Lao/Thai only connection with S.Chinese and some other tribe in Southern China.
have to disagree there.....those muong are much more mongoloid looking then your average thai

pure tai are probably proto-asians like formosans....basically asians who havent developed into mongoloids
http://myimages.bravenet.com/246/647/054/0/Mayx002.jpg

when tai mix with mon-khmer you get the typical thai look
http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/...p.grid-6x2.jpg

find it kind of funny that thai and lao like ezio place so much importance on thai of chinese ancestry...judging by this chinese-thai girl....we know were their loyalties are
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/...1910550085.jpg

Last edited by ejay1; 05-12-2013 at 09:43 PM..

Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 PM

I think our lao acquaintance here does not recognize that admixture changes what you are

tai plus mon-khmer= modern day thai and lao
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_76xUgRgjZY...+(Reuters).jpg

muong plus mon-khmer plus southern chinese=modern day vietnamese
http://thanglong-hanoi.com/sitebuild...tnam-women.jpg

Old 05-12-2013, 10:03 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Most of those Thai women look soo Filipino

Girlfriend for sale - Part 1 - YouTube

I think Thais & Filipinos look similar because supposedly Tai-Kadais and Austronesians have the same origin. Out of all Mainland Southeast Asians, the non-Chinese Thais look the most similar to Filipinos. They may even be on par with Indonesians and Malaysians as far as similarity

Old 05-12-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Most of those Thai women look soo Filipino

Girlfriend for sale - Part 1 - YouTube

I think Thais & Filipinos look similar because supposedly Tai-Kadais and Austronesians have the same origin. Out of all Mainland Southeast Asians, the non-Chinese Thais look the most similar to Filipinos. They may even be on par with Indonesians and Malaysians as far as similarity
its regional actually.....the filipinos who look more similar to thai would be those of formosan descent
all those thai women in that video are from northern thailand like Issan province and Chiang-mai

the more current settlers like some visayan ethnic groups and some muslim groups would look closer to vietnamese

the older the ethnic group the more they would look like thai...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia