U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 AM

138 posts, read 644,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
austro-asiatic is way older then austronesian though

so austro-asiatic did not come from austronesian
Evidence?

Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,005,408 times
Quote:
are you ****ing blind....90% of the kids in that picture dont have chinky eyes,,,they all look indian as hell
LOL. Nobody looks at that picture and thinks "Indian kids" They look like Mainland Southeast Asian or possible Southern EAST Asian kids, which makes sense since you said they're in Northern Laos. What are you even arguing here? You said that I would think they look Bicol, but I'm saying that they look too chinky to look Bicol or any other kind of Filipino. I mean this as a group. Individually, you could scattered them throughout the Phlippines and they'd pass, but seeing them as a group, Filipino wouldnt be my first guess

Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,327,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio_Auditore View Post
Evidence?
The Austroasiatic language family is probably the oldest in mainland southeast Asia.
West's Meditations: Austroasiatic

The Austro-Asiatic linguistic family, which is considered to be the oldest of all the families in South Asia, has substantial presence in Southeast Asia. The origin and expansion of the Austro-Asiatic populations have been a contentious issue and so far there has been no formidable archaeological or linguistic evidence in favour of any of the hypotheses suggested. In recent years there has been a couple of genetic studies assessing the genetic unity, history and migration of Austro-Asiatic groups. In this article we examine different hypotheses, based on both the genetic and nongenetic evidences. We infer a common paternal origin of Austro-Asiatics and the migration of paternal ancestors of Austro-Asiatic populations from East to South Asia, followed by the origin of Austro-Asiatic languages which subsequently spread to Southeast Asia, with primarily male-mediated migrations.
Origins of the Austro‐Asiatic Populations

Old 05-13-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
LOL. Nobody looks at that picture and thinks "Indian kids" They look like Mainland Southeast Asian or possible Southern EAST Asian kids, which makes sense since you said they're in Northern Laos. What are you even arguing here? You said that I would think they look Bicol, but I'm saying that they look too chinky to look Bicol or any other kind of Filipino. I mean this as a group. Individually, you could scattered them throughout the Phlippines and they'd pass, but seeing them as a group, Filipino wouldnt be my first guess
the only reason why they wouldnt pass is because they look too indian to pass for many groups in the Philippines

Old 05-13-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
What do you mean Thais are related to Austronesian, Thai/Lao/Dai/Zhuang/Tai are all Tai-Kadai and have nothing in common with Austronesian at all.

Isn't Austro-Asiantic like Khmer and Vietnamese is the one who is related the most to Austronesian? Austro-Asiantic is basically supgroup of Austronesian those migranted from islands and settled into the main land of Southeast Asia.

Vietnamese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Austronesians & Tai-Kadais split somewhere in Southern China. The Austronesians went to Taiwan, the Tai-Kadais went to Laos, Thailand, etc. Some have even suggested that Tai-Kadais came from Taiwanese Aborigines who came back to the Mainland. I dunno. There is some linguistic evidence of similarities between Austronesian & Tai-Kadai languages.

And Austro-Asiatics have nothing to do with Austronesians. Dont let the name fool you. Nvm, I take that back, because Western Indonesians and Malays are heavily mixed with Austro-Asiatic. But besides that, the rest of Austronesians have nothing to do with Austro-Asiatics. And the Vietnamese people who supposedly came from Indonesia came from the Austro-Asiatic people who were there, not the Austronesians that came later. Thats why Vietnamese speak Austro-Asiatic languages, not Austronesian.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 AM

138 posts, read 644,176 times
Quote:
besides the one obvious chinky looking kid....the following indian looking tai people could pass in bicol
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tst...ern%20Laos.JPG
LOL, I could do what you are doing Ejay1. Everything you can find I also 10 times easier to find LOL.

These typical indian looking Vietnamese in Hanoi are could pass as Filipino.

Moderator cut: copyright violation

The Hardest Hardship Posts: No. 11 Hanoi, Vietnam - BusinessWeek

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/victor/herea...oi-street.html

Last edited by Marka; 10-26-2013 at 12:38 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
the only reason why they wouldnt pass is because they look too indian to pass for many groups in the Philippines
I dont know what kind of Indian people you see, but those kids eyes are too slanted to look like Indians

Old 05-13-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
LOL, I could do what you are doing Ejay1. Everything you can find I also 10 times easier to find LOL.
no it doesnt work because those hanoi people look southern chinese

nothing like those apu looking lao kids.....

indian looking lao and indian looking filipino are blood brothers maybe....

Last edited by Marka; 10-26-2013 at 12:38 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I dont know what kind of Indian people you see, but those kids eyes are too slanted to look like Indians
here are more of your chinky looking people then

what are you smoking??
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...DdafY/610x.jpg

Old 05-13-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
here are more of your chinky looking people then

what are you smoking??
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...DdafY/610x.jpg
Notice how they dont look a damn thing like those Lao kids you posted. You dont even know what you're arguing anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.