U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,393,502 times
Reputation: 11862

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Interesting. I trust you didn't edit it .

Maybe that's why some of your examples are so Chinese looking, they were more mixed with northern Chinese invaders.

 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,003,989 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Or the leftover karayas could have been mixed into and assimilated with the han
There were no leftover Karayas, because the Karayas didn't come from there,

The Austronesians went to Taiwain at least 5,000 years ago, then they went to the Philippines. If there were any left over Austronesians in Southern China that supposedly migrated to the Philippines 4,000 years later, their language would not be that similar to Filipino languages. That would be the biggest coincidence in history.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
"Recent findings, however, revealed that the ancestors of the Karay-a are the Austronesian-speaking immigrants who came from South China during the Iron Age."

Ok, now show the findings..
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,592 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Interesting. I trust you didn't edit it .

Maybe that's why some of your examples are so Chinese looking, they were more mixed with northern Chinese invaders.
Possibly...alot if things could havd happened to the remaining austronesians after the first group left for taiwan....it probably explains why modern filipinos look different from thd native american looking taiwanese abos
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,592 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
There were no leftover Karayas, because the Karayas didn't come from there,

The Austronesians went to Taiwain at least 5,000 years ago, then they went to the Philippines. If there were any left over Austronesians in Southern China that supposedly migrated to the Philippines 4,000 years later, their language would not be that similar to Filipino languages. That would be the biggest coincidence in history.




"Recent findings, however, revealed that the ancestors of the Karay-a are the Austronesian-speaking immigrants who came from South China during the Iron Age."

Ok, now show the findings..
You just sound bitter...lol
show evidence to disprove that.....in fact karaya arent the only filipino group to come from southern china or any place outside of taiwan
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,003,989 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
You just sound bitter...lol
show evidence to disprove that.....in fact karaya arent the only filipino group to come from southern china or any place outside of taiwan
I talked about language classification and how that wouldnt have been possible, especially considering that your people were isolated from everyone else and nobody could ever move there But you dismissed the language classification as Western propaganda. You'll only believe what you want to believe. If your wiki article says that there is new evidence then there show be a link to that new evidence
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,003,989 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Possibly...alot if things could havd happened to the remaining austronesians after the first group left for taiwan....it probably explains why modern filipinos look different from thd native american looking taiwanese abos
Compare the Taiwanese Aborigine bars to the Filipino bars.



The average Tagalog or Visayan has a lot more blue and yellow. So basically more Chinese admixture. The Ilocano bar looks a lot closer to the Taiwainese Aborigine bars, maybe that's why Ilocanos look the most similar to the them.
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,393,502 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I talked about language classification and how that wouldnt have been possible, especially considering that your people were isolated from everyone else and nobody could ever move there But you dismissed the language classification as Western propaganda. You'll only believe what you want to believe. If your wiki article says that there is new evidence then there show be a link to that new evidence
Maybe over time the language became more similar to the surrounding languages?

Such a late migration from China does sound highly unusual though. Is there any mention of it in Chinese history of the time?
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,592 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Compare the Taiwanese Aborigine bars to the Filipino bars.



The average Tagalog or Visayan has a lot more blue and yellow. So basically more Chinese admixture. The Ilocano bar looks a lot closer to the Taiwainese Aborigine bars, maybe that's why Ilocanos look the most similar to the them.
It doesnt show anything really...language classifications is not genetics
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:29 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,393,502 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
It doesnt show anything really...language classifications is not genetics
I've been to Taiwan with a lot of the aborigines it's hard to even tell.
 
Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,592 times
Reputation: 129
Quite interesting that many westdrn visayan ethnic groups arrived in philippines durin iron age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top