Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 12:09 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Jack View Post
I don't know much about ethnic of the Philippine, I don't even know what different between them. When I went to the Philippine in major areas most people look similar.

Btw both Vietnamese and Thai are also not one ethnic. Thai has Dai/Tai as majority and some of Chinese,Khmer,Malay. Vietnamese has Kinh as majority and some of Khmer,Cham,Chinese.
Isaan Thais look like many Filipinos. Vietnamese dont, for the most part.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,995,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
it depends really on the ethnic group

Issan is northern thailand..where they are more real thai...none of that chinese kind of thai you see in bangkok

look at these northern lao villagers they probably look like bicolanos to you
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...k331082742.jpg
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tst...ern%20Laos.JPG

Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 AM

82 posts, read 435,025 times
Quote:

I agreed that many Issan thais (especially khmer ethnic in Issan) look like Filipino. But northern Thai and center Thai look nothing close to Filipino

Btw what do you mean by most part? Most of s.Vietnamese and many of center Vietnamese I have seem could easily pass as Filipino. But most of northern Vietnamese still don't look like Filipino.

Last edited by Great_Jack; 05-13-2013 at 12:26 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
I agreed that many Issan thais (especially khmer ethnic in Issan) look like Filipino.

Btw what do you mean by most part? Most of s.Vietnamese and many of center Vietnamese I have seem could easily pass as Filipino.
just like many nigerians could pass for american...but do all americans look nigerian

enough with this ****....its annoying

Old 05-13-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
it depends really on the ethnic group

Issan is northern thailand..where they are more real thai...none of that chinese kind of thai you see in bangkok

look at these northern lao villagers they probably look like bicolanos to you
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...k331082742.jpg
First pic, maybe, but my first impression would be Khmer if I didn't know it was Lao

2nd pic, no, their eyes are too small to look like typical Filipinos anywhere

Quote:
I agreed that many Issan thais (especially khmer ethnic in Issan) look like Filipino. But northern Thai and center Thai look nothing close to Filipino

Btw what do you mean by most part? Most of s.Vietnamese and many of center Vietnamese I have seem could easily pass as Filipino. But most of northern Vietnamese still don't look like Filipino.
No, not the Khmers. Khmers look different from Filipinos. They're Austro-Asiatic mixed with Indian. Thais are related to Austronesians.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
First pic, maybe, but my first impression would be Khmer if I didn't know it was Lao

No, not the Khmers. Khmers look different from Filipinos. They're Austro-Asiatic mixed with Indian. Thais are related to Austronesians.
besides the one obvious chinky looking kid....the following indian looking tai people could pass in bicol

Old 05-13-2013, 12:36 AM

138 posts, read 818,619 times
Quote:

What do you mean Thais are related to Austronesian, Thai/Lao/Dai/Zhuang/Tai are all Tai-Kadai and have nothing in common with Austronesian at all.

Isn't Austro-Asiantic like Khmer and Vietnamese is the one who is related the most to Austronesian? Austro-Asiantic is basically supgroup of Austronesian those migranted from islands and settled into the main land of Southeast Asia.

Quote:
The First Vietnamese

Historians believe that the earliest Vietnamese people gradually moved from the Indonesian archipelago through the Malay Peninsula and Thailand until they settled on the edges of the Red River in the Tonkin Delta.[citation needed] Archaeologists follow a path of stone tools from the Late Pleistocene Age (600,000-12,000 BC), across Java, Malaysia, Thailand and north to Burma. These stone tools are thought to be the first human tools used in Southeast Asia. Archaeologists believe that at this time the Himalayas, a chain of mountains in northern Burma and China, created an icy barrier which isolated the people of Southeast Asia. During the Ice Age, (12,000-8000 BC) the extreme northern and southern parts of the earth froze into giant glaciers and icebergs, while at the equator temperatures did not fall below freezing. Due to the formation of icebergs in the far north, the ocean levels around the equator dropped significantly. This resulted in the exposure of the shallow areas surrounding the coasts and islands of Southeast Asia - today known as the Sunda Shelf.
Vietnamese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-13-2013, 12:38 AM

^ No, almost all the kids have chinky eyes. If their eyes weren't chinky, then yeah they'd probably look like typical Filipinos. Or if half of them were chinky and half of them weren't then they'd look like Filipinos.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
^ No, almost all the kids have chinky eyes. If their eyes weren't chinky, then yeah they'd probably look like typical Filipinos. Or if half of them were chinky and half of them weren't then they'd look like Filipinos.
are you ****ing blind....90% of the kids in that picture dont have chinky eyes,,,they all look indian as hell

Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio_Auditore View Post
What do you mean Thais are related to Austronesian, Thai/Lao/Dai/Zhuang/Tai are all Tai-Kadai and have nothing in common with Austronesian at all.

Isn't Austro-Asiantic like Khmer and Vietnamese is the one who is related the most to Austronesian? Austro-Asiantic is basically supgroup of Austronesian those migranted from islands and settled into the main land of Southeast Asia.

Vietnamese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

austro-asiatic is way older then austronesian though

so austro-asiatic did not come from austronesian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia