U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 12:39 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,765,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I've also noticed that almost all White guys in HK have Filipino girlfriends/wives.
i think b0st0n might be japanese. interestingly enough last time i was in angeles city (philippines) i hung out w/ a japanese guy living in HK, ended up hanging out with him for a couple days. guess he would fly down to clark twice per month for the filipinas. he was telling me if you book in advance the flights are basically free. like US$25-50 RT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 07:21 PM

3,764 posts, read 3,802,531 times
HK is just like NYC, London, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Buenos Aires...etc. You will always find the most attractive urbanites in major cities. Stunners in high proportions in all of those cities.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 AM

41 posts, read 71,051 times
54% women vs 46% men
heaven for man if you have money

Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,848,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I don't think many HK women wear "cheongsam" as most are very Westernized. They would rather wear Western clothes and fashions.

From my experiences, HK women compared to Japanese women are not gentle. Rather, they have this control element and this "dog eat dog" big city mentality that is prevalent in Hong Kong. I call it a "rat race" culture and mentality.

Japanese women are gentle and generally demure.

Visit both places and you will experience it firsthand.

Tokyo, for sure.
Demure ? I thought they were liberal as in the most liberal in South East Asia

Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,369,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
What does demure have to do with being liberal?

Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,848,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
There are a lot of mainland Chinese women in HK nowadays, but they can have pretty high standards, and are high maintenance. The Filipinas are easiest on the wallet, and they are everywhere.
So Chinese women are materialistic ? I think many foreigners are dating Filipino women because it is easier for them to converse with Filipinos when it comes to English. Also among all the Asians, many foreigners always say it is easier to be with a Filipino woman because of their culture. Philippines being exposed to Spanish for over 4 centuries and Americans for 50 years has made them a little comfortable with Western men.I have a friend who has dated Chinese, Japanese and Thai when he was younger and now he is 17 years married to a Filipino woman and he said, he chose to be married to her because it's easier to blend with her and her culture ( as being a product of Spanish and American culture ) compare to other Asians he dated.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 AM

816 posts, read 1,555,350 times
Frankly speaking, HK women are not regarded very highly. HK women are arguably the most economically liberated and successful in Asia, and as such are stereotyped as materialistic, domineering, and unfeminine. Many HK men go to the mainland or SE Asia to find wives rather than dating the local girls. Of my 4 aunts living in HK only 1 managed to get married. There was even a popular TV show where single women in their 30's and 40's were coached up to improve their prospects of finding a man.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM

12,580 posts, read 15,050,467 times
On the outside, I have found most Japanese women to be demure as they live in a male dominated culture.
I believe that is changing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post

Old 04-02-2013, 12:16 PM

12,580 posts, read 15,050,467 times
I agree. I have found some HK women to be domineering and demanding. Not all, but some.
It seems to be part of their "fast paced city, rat race culture", which contributes to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
Frankly speaking, HK women are not regarded very highly. HK women are arguably the most economically liberated and successful in Asia, and as such are stereotyped as materialistic, domineering, and unfeminine. Many HK men go to the mainland or SE Asia to find wives rather than dating the local girls. Of my 4 aunts living in HK only 1 managed to get married. There was even a popular TV show where single women in their 30's and 40's were coached up to improve their prospects of finding a man.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
On the outside, I have found most Japanese women to be demure as they live in a male dominated culture.
I believe that is changing, though.
there really is no difference all women from japan, HK, korea are all very feminist...economic success does that to you
the reason they would go with a non-EA man is because they are sick of the machoism and think a white man would be more understanding to the feminist cause
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or