U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:51 PM

390 posts, read 839,852 times

Advertisements

I like Thai Airways. Have also flown JAL. KAL. Air Vietnam and China Airways and all seem good. Cambodia Airways I would avoid. I would look at the safety records of an airline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 04:07 AM

376 posts, read 742,189 times
I choose the aircraft "Garuda Indonesian" as the best aircraft in the Asian region , because this year Garuda Indonesia airline has been awarded as the best in Asia & Australasia. Garuda Indonesia airline was chosen as the winner of the category "Best in Region: Asia and Australasia" in the event the "Passenger Choice Awards 2013" organized by the "Airline Passenger Experience Association" (APEX) - associated increase in flight services - based in New York, United States . Garuda Indonesia airline managed to beat five other finalists being announced as Best Region in Asia and Australasia, namely: Singapore Airlines, Qantas Airways, Cathay Pacific, Air New Zealand, and Pakistan Airlines.Dalam largest aerospace exhibition Paris Air Show 2013 held June 2013 and, Garuda Indonesia also awarded "The World's Best Economy Class" from Skytrax, the independent airline agency based in London. In these awards, Garuda Indonesia managed to defeat other candidates, namely Singapore Airlines and Asiana Airlines. In the same occasion, Garuda Indonesia also was awarded "The Best Economy Class Airline Seat" from Skytrax and entered the ranks of "The World's Top 10 Airlines".
Garuda Indonesia The Airline of Indonesia

Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 AM

186 posts, read 244,735 times
turkish airlines ofcourse

Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 PM

18,445 posts, read 9,548,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
In my opinion the best service is provided by the arabic airlines, but they have terrible airports with hardly any good food. That is especially the case for Qatar, where there is one fast food joint in the whole airport. It is also overcrowded.

If you take into account airports, then Singapore airlines win this battle easily. Their airport is absolutly amazing and has lots of food from different parts of the world.
Dubai now has an awesome airport with excellent food and wine. Qatar is building supposedly a super awesome airport that should be opening quite soon if not already...but that old airport does suck.

I agree Singapore airlines and airport are hard to beat overall.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:56 AM

2,125 posts, read 2,908,868 times
You usually will get much better service flying any Asian Airlines, although I heard China Airlines has the worst record among them, so obviously some are better than others. Qatar is good too but the airport is horrible.

In my opinion, anyone can show good customer service when things go smoothly. It's how they react to unexpected things that makes a difference in my book.

I had a particularly good experience with SQ recently: my flight from Jakarta going into Singapore was 1.5 hours late due to unusually high traffic volume caused by bad weather. We were basically stuck waiting on the runway the whole time, ready to fly but couldn't. Luckily the pilot was very communicative with us, he told us what's going on and what he's doing to help us fly as soon as possible, we were number 17 to take off, which he negotiated up to number 7. Then the whole cabin crew made sure we were comfortable by handing out warm wet towel to refresh ourselves, then they served light food and drinks, handed magazines, newspapers, basically little things like that to distract us while we were waiting on the runway. Once we took off, then the meal service started. They always serve full meal, by the way, even on a 1.5 hours flight like mine. We got a menu with 3 choices of full meals (usually seafood, meat, or vegetarian), complete with fruits, salad, dessert, and some free alcoholic beverages. Oh, the plane was decorated for Christmas with a bit of pine garland hung above every window. How about that for economy class service?

They also took into consideration connecting passengers whose connecting flights were affected by the delay. So the pilot made sure he connected with the ground staff so there was coordination on the ground as soon as we landed. I was one of those connecting passengers and I honestly didn't think I was going to make my onward flight since I would arrive literally 7 minutes before they would close the plane's door. In case you haven't been to Changi Airport in Singapore, that airport is a big as a city! There's no way I could make it across gates in 7 minutes. But when I landed, I was met by a SQ rep who quickly whisked me in his little golf cart to my gate. He told me my onward fllight was aware of the flight delay and was waiting for me. In 5 minutes he got me to my gate and I boarded my onward flight with a huge relief and gratefulness in my heart. Unbelievable..!!

Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,198,274 times
My daughter has flown Qatar Airways from Chicago to Dubai and was extremely impressed with them. From Dubai to Jakarta, she flew on another smaller airline which was a nightmare (plane was trashed with litter at the end of the flight; some very rowdy passengers). I don't remember the name of that one, though.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,787,535 times
Singapore, Emirates, Thai, Cathay Pacific.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:07 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,142,938 times
Cathay Pacific is my top choice.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:07 PM

21 posts, read 69,161 times
Garuda Indonesia is the Best !

Best World's Regional Airlines 2012, 2013..
Best Asian's Regional Airlines 2012, 2013..
Ranked 8th of 10 Best Airlines in The World..
World's Best Economy Class Airlines Products and Services
World's Best Economy Seat ....

Source : WORLD AIRLINE AWARDS | the Passengers Choice Awards

Old 01-30-2014, 12:54 PM

399 posts, read 579,320 times
That last couple times I've flown to Asia I used Cathay and it was good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or