U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 12:54 AM

13 posts, read 11,154 times

Advertisements

Air India
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 08:25 AM

76 posts, read 55,528 times
Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines are my favorites. Cathay Pacific has really good in-flight shows, good service, although I don't really like the food. Singapore Airlines has good service, good food, and clean toilets.

For cheaper airlines I like Tiger Air and Air Asia.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:17 AM

156 posts, read 112,340 times
My choice would be Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines.

i also recently had good flights with Philippines Air who seem to be aggressively expanding their routes. Their only downside is that their hub is Manila - although they seem to be making some effort to improve the facilities.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:32 AM

1,031 posts, read 917,869 times
Cathay and SQ stood out from the rest of Asian carriers. From well maintained planes, to good airport hub, to excellent customer service.

For Philippine Airlines, I agree with the above poster, it needs to improve their airport facilities. PAL is very promising, I won't mention the strategic location of Manila to be the next aviation hub in Asia and the Pacific.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:58 PM

3,370 posts, read 2,134,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
6. Philippine Airlines - infariness, smooth landing and take off as always.
seems all big airplanes have smooth landing. its the 737s or smaller planes that seems to being blown up and down when landing

Old 02-11-2016, 04:28 AM

162 posts, read 196,847 times
EVA air is THE BEST airline!!!!!! I always recommend it! You get awesome refund policy. Ulike any other airline. They are very good about refunds. they can draw new customers just from that policy alone.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:54 PM

448 posts, read 506,972 times
Foreget about Hong Kong and Macau if you are talking about great service. It is not an important part of HK culture to provide customers with good service. Some other asian societies are better at this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Cathay and SQ stood out from the rest of Asian carriers. From well maintained planes, to good airport hub, to excellent customer service.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:00 PM

529 posts, read 218,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyplay View Post
My favorite airlines are : Garuda Indonesia and Etihad
Other Airlines that I have ever boarded and never will again : Air India !
I agree with your opinion guys, garuda Indonesia ( my favorite tto ) is the best plane I have ever tried, especially at the airport soekarno hatta, garuda indonesia the only airline that uses ultimate terminal t3 soekarno hatta airport which is really very good terminal, luxurious and complete .
service & cleanliness of garuda indonesia airplane that made me not forget this plane

Old 01-15-2018, 01:46 AM

597 posts, read 362,219 times
Cathay is my favourite airline. We only fly economy and there are a few reasons. They fly a smaller plane from Sydney to Hong Kong which means we can generally book a two across. Secondly, in our limited experience the flights are generally not full, which is much more comfortable. Thirdly, and related to the previous reason, the clientele often seems to mostly comprise Chinese business men who tend to sleep most of the flight. There tend to be few children, not many drinkers and the atmosphere tends to be paeaceful. I really could not care about the food, but from memeory it is fine. Lastly, we both love Hong Kong as a stopover destination to Europe or elsewhere in Asia.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:52 AM

40 posts, read 31,592 times
1. ANA. 2. Asiana, Cathay, Korean 3. Lufthansa, Thai...I hear SAS is good, and Singapore, but haven't tried. Based on circumventing the globe 27 times. UAL, AA, Delta...a very distant last, and no free drinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or