U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,971,190 times
Reputation: 402

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I don't care if they look Hispanic or not, or about their social status. I have many Filipino freinds here, I would like to meet all Kinds of Filipinos.
You know, there are people that are so much into race. We all belong to a one race and that is being a HUMAN.

 
Old 04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,856,825 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
really Pinai....you and hermosa are posting all these celebs and models from prominent families who have spanish blood...your average filipina would not look like this

the average filipina is either malay or east asian looking...more so on the malay though
like this for example

which doesnt look anything remotely like the average latino in the USA
You do not have any clue about what meztisa is no ? Shamced Supsup is not meztisa... She is a Filipina from looks to apellido . Nora Aunor is not meztisa either.. That's why it was her who paved the way for Filipina beauties to get into the Philippine cinema. Angel Aquino is a pretty Filipina. She may have a small face and tall nose but she has a Filipino colour and she is not like the typical meztisa actresses in the Philippines. The women I posted were not like the typical Filipino actresses who are white.
 
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,856,825 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
I thought you wanted to visit Philippines because you only wanted to meet hispanic looking people...I was merely showing you where you would meet people who share your love of spanish
You are rude Ejay1 ! Luis never said anything like that. And why are you saying love of Spanish ? Well Luis is Latino and he is pointing to us that we share the same similarities regardless of looks. Some may look like Latinos, some may not ! But one thing that true and we can never deny is that we were once ruled by Spain and Mexico for almost 4 centuries, made us no. 3 most catholic country in the world , contributed a LOT to our Philippine culture and language ... So that should already be enough.
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,971,190 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
You do not have any clue about what meztisa is no ? Shamced Supsup is not meztisa... She is a Filipina from looks to apellido . Nora Aunor is not meztisa either.. That's why it was her who paved the way for Filipina beauties to get into the Philippine cinema. Angel Aquino is a pretty Filipina. She may have a small face and tall nose but she has a Filipino colour and she is not like the typical meztisa actresses in the Philippines. The women I posted were not like the typical Filipino actresses who are white.
I guess they reacted when I posted the Filipina mestiza poet 'Adelina Gurrea Monasterio',
What's wrong with that? Filipinos are not a homogenous people that everyone are all the same. We may have minority group of people that don't look like most of the Filipinos but they are still Filipinos. I posted a definition of Hispanic/Latino and a video saying who are the Latinos? there is Indigenous/Native, Mestizo, Chinese looking, white & black looking etc. I guess they also reacted also about Diana Arevalo. Diana Arevalo is Filipina & she's not white too or half Filipino.


http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/210...f9fe285ni1.jpg
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,329,481 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
You do not have any clue about what meztisa is no ? Shamced Supsup is not meztisa... She is a Filipina from looks to apellido . Nora Aunor is not meztisa either.. That's why it was her who paved the way for Filipina beauties to get into the Philippine cinema. Angel Aquino is a pretty Filipina. She may have a small face and tall nose but she has a Filipino colour and she is not like the typical meztisa actresses in the Philippines. The women I posted were not like the typical Filipino actresses who are white.
hermosa most mexican mestizos are brown skin...but they are still mestizo
same with angel aquino....not all mestizo are light skin

well those filipina actress are not white...they are only partially spanish
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,329,481 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I guess they reacted when I posted the Filipina mestiza poet 'Adelina Gurrea Monasterio',
What's wrong with that? Filipinos are not a homogenous people that everyone are all the same. We may have minority group of people that don't look like most of the Filipinos but they are still Filipinos. I posted a definition of Hispanic/Latino and a video saying who are the Latinos? there is Indigenous/Native, Mestizo, Chinese looking, white & black looking etc. I guess they also reacted also about Diana Arevalo. Diana Arevalo is Filipina & she's not white too or half Filipino.


http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/210...f9fe285ni1.jpg
she looks typical middleclass mestiza....or tisay as they call them
I have a mestiza friend(her father is spanish) in manila...she looks exactly like diana
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,971,190 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
hermosa most mexican mestizos are brown skin...but they are still mestizo
same with angel aquino....not all mestizo are light skin

well those filipina actress are not white...they are only partially spanish
Filipinos may have partially blood etc. of others but that doesn't mean they are different from the rest of the Filipinos. Filipinos are already a mixed race because it's NATIONALITY. so do not insist that it is only Malay/Negrito people that are Filipinos. Filipinos are Filipinos no matter what they mixed. If you remove them as Filipino then you are just racist to our own people.
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,761 posts, read 6,971,190 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
she looks typical middleclass mestiza....or tisay as they call them
I have a mestiza friend(her father is spanish) in manila...she looks exactly like diana
I didn't knew that Filipinos are now based in classes.
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,329,481 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Filipinos may have partially blood etc. of others but that doesn't mean they are different from the rest of the Filipinos. Filipinos are already a mixed race because it's NATIONALITY. so do not insist that it is only Malay/Negrito people that are Filipinos. Filipinos are Filipinos no matter what they mixed. If you remove them as Filipino then you are just racist to our own people.
I was merely just stating not every filipino will look latino..only the mestizo minority would look latino...overseas filipinos have alot of mestizos ...during the 50s many spanish filipino mestizo families moved out to canada and USA..maybe thats why Luis seems to think the way he thinks....
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,856,825 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
hermosa most mexican mestizos are brown skin...but they are still mestizo
same with angel aquino....not all mestizo are light skin

well those filipina actress are not white...they are only partially spanish
Nora Aunor is not partially Spanish that's why she was called NATIVE before.
Shamcee Supsup is really a Filipina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top