U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which asian country has the best women?
Japan 36 24.32%
China 23 15.54%
Singapore 6 4.05%
South Korea 44 29.73%
Other 39 26.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,748 posts, read 3,341,915 times
Reputation: 6473

Advertisements

Korean women are the most beautiful. Philippians are not all Asian. I am not sure why they are being brought up by some.

 
Old 04-14-2013, 06:00 PM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,611,101 times
Reputation: 2386
I've lived in many places of China. Women of some provinces of China are by far the most beautiful in Asia.
However, in some provinces they are not.
 
Old 04-14-2013, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Korean women are the most beautiful. Philippians are not all Asian. I am not sure why they are being brought up by some.
not all filipinas are asian....but Most are asian

do american whites get disqualified from being white because there are some non-american whites???

see how much sense that makes??
 
Old 04-14-2013, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
So why did you chose a pic of a Korean girl who doesn't really resemble average Korean girls?
The fact is that many Korean girls really hate their original features of small single eyelid eyes, flat nose, big round face and all, so they get plastic surgery to have big round eyes with double eyelids, pointy nose, small face. A society full of man-made beauty is horrifying to me.
is it really man made???

an admixture of filipina(another type of asian) and korean could come up with those same qualities
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...24560407_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...24560407_n.jpg

white americans are basically a hybrid of different types of europeans nobody calls them unnatural

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 04-15-2013 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: Please follow guidelines to posting pictures. Thanks!
 
Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,425,671 times
Reputation: 3122
Aloha, im sorry maybe its me? but i dont see what the fuss is all about single eyelid or double with asian wahine? Both are still very atrractive! It dosnt matter if there japanese(who tend to have bigger eyes) or Korean(who tend to have smaller eyes. Or if they get cosmetic surgery! An asian wahine eyes are unique in all the world! But i do think its sad if they think they need surgery because they believe there ugly(peer pressure etc) Send the korean wahines my way i will tell them otherwise lol. Im single! and have the hapa flu right now! lol
 
Old 04-14-2013, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,853,759 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Aloha, im sorry maybe its me? but i dont see what the fuss is all about single eyelid or double with asian wahine? Both are still very atrractive! It dosnt matter if there japanese(who tend to have bigger eyes) or Korean(who tend to have smaller eyes. Or if they get cosmetic surgery! An asian wahine eyes are unique in all the world! But i do think its sad if they think they need surgery because they believe there ugly(peer pressure etc) Send the korean wahines my way i will tell them otherwise lol. Im single! and have the hapa flu right now! lol
They are not hapa, they are pure
 
Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,425,671 times
Reputation: 3122
Default Aloha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
They are not hapa, they are pure
Mahalo, for the correction, i always had the understanding that hapa in the hawaiian language was the word you used for asians full or mixed blood because there was no word for asian in the hawaiian language? If there is tell me? Im still learning the language and im humble enough to know im not an "Know it all" Mahalo
 
Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,363,470 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Mahalo, for the correction, i always had the understanding that hapa in the hawaiian language was the word you used for asians full or mixed blood because there was no word for asian in the hawaiian language? If there is tell me? Im still learning the language and im humble enough to know im not an "Know it all" Mahalo
"Hapa" is Hawaiian pigdin derived from the English word "half," and that's what it literally means. "Hapa haole" means "half white," regardless of what the other half is; "hapa kepani" means "half Japanese;" "hapa kanaka" means "half native Hawaiian."

In common parlance, it's generally used to denote someone who's half Asian or pacific Islander and half white, though it's also sometimes used for someone who's a quarter white as well, usually based on their appearance... for instance, my dad is hapa. I'm not really, not only because I'm a quarter, but also because I look like a young Dolph Lundgren

It's used on the mainland almost exclusively to denote someone who's half white/half Asian.
 
Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,425,671 times
Reputation: 3122
Default Mahalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
"Hapa" is Hawaiian pigdin derived from the English word "half," and that's what it literally means. "Hapa haole" means "half white," regardless of what the other half is; "hapa kepani" means "half Japanese;" "hapa kanaka" means "half native Hawaiian."

In common parlance, it's generally used to denote someone who's half Asian or pacific Islander and half white, though it's also sometimes used for someone who's a quarter white as well, usually based on their appearance... for instance, my dad is hapa. I'm not really, not only because I'm a quarter, but also because I look like a young Dolph Lundgren

It's used on the mainland almost exclusively to denote someone who's half white/half Asian.
So kepani is japanese? whats the word for asian? I know Akia is asia in the hawaiian language? Is it the same then? Further lol, i had no ideal that the word hapa was meant to denote someone in itself? Now if you add a $#%& word in front of it, thats another story. Mahalo!
 
Old 04-15-2013, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,363,470 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So kepani is japanese? whats the word for asian? I know Akia is asia in the hawaiian language? Is it the same then?
That much, I'm not sure, honestly. I don't know too much Hawaiian... just what I'd taught myself when I was junior high/high school aged, so it's been awhile (I grew up on military bases, where you found a good number of Hawaiian kids to practice with. I always thought it sounded cool). Maybe check over on the Hawaii forums?

Quote:
Further lol, i had no ideal that the word hapa was meant to denote someone in itself?
Yeah, someone who is half Asian could describe themselves simply as being "hapa" when asked "what they are." For example:

"What ethnicity are you?"
"Oh, I'm hapa."
"What does that mean?"
"I'm half Asian. My mom is Japanese and my dad is white."

Or, you could refer to someone as such:

"I can't make it out to the bar with you guys tomorrow night, I scored a date with Katie."
"Oh, cool man... wait, which Katie?"
"The cute hapa one that works in accounts payable."
"Oh, sweet. Nice one man, good luck!"

Quote:
Now if you add a $#%& word in front of it, thats another story. Mahalo!
Don't know about that, haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top