U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which asian country has the best women?
Japan 36 24.32%
China 23 15.54%
Singapore 6 4.05%
South Korea 44 29.73%
Other 39 26.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,507 times

Advertisements

People say most Asian women have plastic surgery but its not true. For example, this is a Chinese actress, Fan Bing Bing. She doesn't have any plastic surgery. Isn't she gorgeous?

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 03-13-2014 at 02:42 AM..

Old 03-10-2014, 12:08 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,266,372 times
^ there were rumours she has...she is good looking though.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:22 PM

183 posts, read 210,388 times
As a Korean girl living in the US, I find this plastic surgery bashing very offensive. I am 5"8 (173cm) have naturally double eyelids, and yes, most people tell me that I am pretty. The funny thing is that everytime I meet a Chinese or a South East Asian girl here they ask me bluntly if I have had plastic surgery done. Like WTF? None of my Korean friends have had plastic surgery and I find this claim here of "75% of Korean women are plastic" down right ridiculous.
And yes, South Korea promotes itself as a plastic surgery destination, with highly skilled staff and state of the art clinics. But anyone whose been to Gangnam would know that most women walking around there with bandage over their head are PS tourists, mostly from China.
It's interesting to me that people like to talk trash about the way Koreans look, but secretly they are all jealous and want to look like us.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiva View Post
As a Korean girl living in the US, I find this plastic surgery bashing very offensive. I am 5"8 (173cm) have naturally double eyelids, and yes, most people tell me that I am pretty. The funny thing is that everytime I meet a Chinese or a South East Asian girl here they ask me bluntly if I have had plastic surgery done. Like WTF? None of my Korean friends have had plastic surgery and I find this claim here of "75% of Korean women are plastic" down right ridiculous.
And yes, South Korea promotes itself as a plastic surgery destination, with highly skilled staff and state of the art clinics. But anyone whose been to Gangnam would know that most women walking around there with bandage over their head are PS tourists, mostly from China.
It's interesting to me that people like to talk trash about the way Koreans look, but secretly they are all jealous and want to look like us.
But it's a fact most Korean girls DO NOT look like the girls from Girls Generation. From the shape of the face, eyes etc. There are some natural Korean beauty, but you can't deny that there definitely a big trend that is prevalent in SK.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:12 PM

183 posts, read 210,388 times
Lol. Girl's Generation is an idol group. They are groomed to death to look like that. Do you expect everybody in the US to look like Taylor Swift or Beyonce? I find it enormously irritating that naturally good looking Korean women are called plastic, while plenty of us are born his way.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:18 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,273,545 times
Well.. Grooming does all the difference

Old 03-12-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Lol. Girl's Generation is an idol group. They are groomed to death to look like that. Do you expect everybody in the US to look like Taylor Swift or Beyonce? I find it enormously irritating that naturally good looking Korean women are called plastic, while plenty of us are born his way.
But they're not natural, they had work done, and being idols many girls will be further influenced to look like this. Sure, most American women don't look like famous pop or movie stars but not because of plastic surgery. In Korea it's also common for parents to pressure their children to have cosmetic surgery, or for them to get work done for getting good grades etc.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Well.. Grooming does all the difference
What, their face? All the difference? We're talking about cosmetic surgery here.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,856,825 times
Quote:
Plenty ? There are a hundred thousand Koreans in the Philippines and they kind of look the same. So far, I haven't seen one who caught my attention yet.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 03-12-2014 at 11:08 PM..

Old 03-12-2014, 11:17 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,196,156 times
Quote:
I'm friends with 2 Korean women fresh off the boat from Pusan and the Seoul area, they are very pretty and had no work done. Problem is I think a lot of people haven't seen enough Koreans in their life. There's a lot in my state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or