Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which asian country has the best women?
Japan 36 24.32%
China 23 15.54%
Singapore 6 4.05%
South Korea 44 29.73%
Other 39 26.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:36 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Postman good point.....The One Child Policy has a lot to do with the fact that many young kids in China these days are very selfish. Their parents and grandparents spoil them like crazy and there is very little discipline in the home. Its a shame because it's not the child's fault, but the parents.
This is anecdotal, but I've also observed something similar in Singapore. While they don't have the OCP, the birthrate is low and parents often opt just to have a single child because they are double income and often the child is raised by the maid. A different phenomenon, but I think partly because the child sometimes starts bossing the maid around, they can become quite spoilt and demanding too.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:30 AM

^ Though not in China, Uzbek women might be the most beautiful in the world...Uyghurs and Tajiks are a bit similar.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:05 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post

I was not aware that China had an abundance of non asian looking women, who can be called Chinese. I guess if that is the criteria then China "wins" hands down because Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc. don't have western looking women.
If a guy is looking for western 'looking women', chances are, he'll go to Latin America, U.S, or Europe.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:32 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,862,673 times
Quote:
I was not aware that China had an abundance of non asian looking women, who can be called Chinese. I guess if that is the criteria then China "wins" hands down because Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc. don't have western looking women.
Yes, China has ethnic groups that have Caucasian features such as Tatars, Uighurs, Tus, Turkic etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
If a guy is looking for western 'looking women', chances are, he'll go to Latin America, U.S, or Europe.
Central Asia (which includes parts of China) has been shielded from the western world for most of the 20th century and its many "advantages" are only recently being discovered.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Well Western China and Central Asia isn't usually a place foreigners go to look for women in the first place. It's still off the beaten path, traditional, mostly Muslim (albeit less strict than the Middle East) or else not really religious from the Communist past. I think though if someone liked mixed Asian-European looking girls they would've felt like they hit on a goldmine there . I've met some Uzbek girls in person and they certainly are very attractive IMO. I mean you aren't gonna find the same number of girls who look like this elsewhere, some guys are especially attracted to the 'Eurasian' look moreso than pure white or asian.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:36 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
It would be much simpler, and to the point, to say that Chinese people simply don't make good parents. Many chinese kids in america can't even speak proper chinese because their parents won't even have a conversation with them. Telling them to throw out the trash or go to sleep isn't going to build very good verbal skills.
Dude, I'm a teacher in China, and every day I see parents who are doting, loving, caring, and supportive towards their children. One of my kids has parents who are businesspeople, and their daughter is a dyed-in-the-wool artist who likes un-girly things and wants to spend most of her time drawing pictures of snakes. In a parent-teacher conference, they said something like, "she is not made for business... she likes to draw and paint. That makes her happy, so we want her to do it."

Plenty of Chinese-American kids in the US don't speak proper Chinese because they were born, raised, and live in the US and their parents want them to make the most of life in the US; right or wrong, they'd rather their kids focus on what they think is best for their future. Since most of their parents were leaving China to foster a better life for their children, they don't view learning proper Chinese as being a necessity, and would rather them focus on other things.

I have my qualms with Chinese parenting standards all the same that I have qualms with American parenting standards, don't get me wrong... but seriously, to say that the Chinese "don't make good parents?" Well what about all the Japanese otaku who spend their formative years fantasizing about anime and never manage to get a job or move out of their parents'? What about all the listless American kids who have two degrees and claim that they "can't find work" while they don't give a damn? What about the Korean botox boys who equate their hair with how well they're doing in life? These are all the same torrid stereotypes that you get about the study-obsessed Chinese parents who don't ever tell their kids they love them.

Please don't abide by these stereotypes. They're gross and misguided.

Quote:
I wouldn't call those women "western" looking; the closest you'll really see is "hapa" or half-Asian looking, because when you get to Northern China, you have thousands of years of admixture.

When I ride the subway in Guangzhou, every day I see women who have skin that's as light as mine (I'm ethnically Swedish), all the way to dark olive. I see nearly-black eyes, down to light hazel; I have met a few women who have green eyes, and they're anything but beauty queens... I've met women who are 4'10 and weigh no more than 75 lbs, and ones who are 6'0 and statuesque... they really run the gamut all up and down and every which way.

You try to typify a country that has 1.4 billion people, there's no way you can come out on top.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:08 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well Western China and Central Asia isn't usually a place foreigners go to look for women in the first place. It's still off the beaten path, traditional, mostly Muslim (albeit less strict than the Middle East) or else not really religious from the Communist past. I think though if someone liked mixed Asian-European looking girls they would've felt like they hit on a goldmine there . I've met some Uzbek girls in person and they certainly are very attractive IMO. I mean you aren't gonna find the same number of girls who look like this elsewhere, some guys are especially attracted to the 'Eurasian' look moreso than pure white or asian.
Uzbek and Kazakh women can be amazingly beautiful... you're basically combining Chinese, Russian, and Iranian (that's an oversimplification but those are the main regional analogues). I'm definitely more attracted to the Eurasian/mixed look, myself, so hell yeah.

But yeah... there's a woman who sells roasted nuts off the back of an autorickshaw/trike a couple blocks from where I live, who is amazingly beautiful... dark green eyes, light skin, a row of freckles across her face, Asian eyes but high cheekbones, very graceful and feminine actions, blushes whenever she sees me...

Unfortunately for me, she also wears a headscarf and is a devout Muslim. She tries to talk to me in Chinese but I can only make out the bits about the weather and where I'm from, and there's no way in hell I'm giving up my booze. Oh wells.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Uzbek and Kazakh women can be amazingly beautiful... you're basically combining Chinese, Russian, and Iranian (that's an oversimplification but those are the main regional analogues). I'm definitely more attracted to the Eurasian/mixed look, myself, so hell yeah.

But yeah... there's a woman who sells roasted nuts off the back of an autorickshaw/trike a couple blocks from where I live, who is amazingly beautiful... dark green eyes, light skin, a row of freckles across her face, Asian eyes but high cheekbones, very graceful and feminine actions, blushes whenever she sees me...

Unfortunately for me, she also wears a headscarf and is a devout Muslim. She tries to talk to me in Chinese but I can only make out the bits about the weather and where I'm from, and there's no way in hell I'm giving up my booze. Oh wells.
Yep, one of my weaknesses too . But really, I appreciate women from just about everywhere...

Yes she's probably from out west somewhere, Uyghur, Tajik, Kazakh.etc. Yes I think that's one problem with Muslim women, haha, they're out of bounds unless you want to convert, plus there's their family...

Old 03-02-2014, 11:06 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,769 times
Of course this is highly subjective.

1. Japan
2. Korea
3. China and Singapore

Old 03-03-2014, 05:38 AM

1,946 posts, read 2,564,548 times
Taiwanese girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia