Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which asian country has the best women?
Japan 36 24.32%
China 23 15.54%
Singapore 6 4.05%
South Korea 44 29.73%
Other 39 26.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 03:56 AM

6 posts, read 15,791 times

Advertisements

Yes, it is offensive to ask people directly if they had plastic surgery done. It is better to guess the answer than asking the person suspected of having plastic surgery.

Well in fact, most non-Korean people don't really think Koreans are the most beautiful ethnic group. For me, some Korean stars do look pretty, some look kinda weird. So you got it wrong most people are secretly jealous and wanted to look like koreans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiva View Post
As a Korean girl living in the US, I find this plastic surgery bashing very offensive. I am 5"8 (173cm) have naturally double eyelids, and yes, most people tell me that I am pretty. The funny thing is that everytime I meet a Chinese or a South East Asian girl here they ask me bluntly if I have had plastic surgery done. Like WTF? None of my Korean friends have had plastic surgery and I find this claim here of "75% of Korean women are plastic" down right ridiculous.
And yes, South Korea promotes itself as a plastic surgery destination, with highly skilled staff and state of the art clinics. But anyone whose been to Gangnam would know that most women walking around there with bandage over their head are PS tourists, mostly from China.
It's interesting to me that people like to talk trash about the way Koreans look, but secretly they are all jealous and want to look like us.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:58 AM

1,855 posts, read 3,609,385 times
I wondered how it would take for a Korean plastic surgery denier to pop up. Predictably, it's a Korean-American. The simple fact is that cosmetic surgery is endemic in Korea. Hint: it's not the Chinese tourists that are driving that industry. I bet all her cousins back in the old country have undergone one or two procedures already.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:08 AM

6 posts, read 15,791 times
I think you mean Japanese women's perceptions of Korean men are not quite true generally, with such perceptions of Korean men from the pop culture rather than reality encounters.

It is also strange to me that Japanese women admire Korean men, since Korea was colonised by Japan, smaller in area is still poorer than Japan. They should have look down on Korea instead and Korean resent Japan for harsh colonial past and modern territorial disputes. The 2 countries are like neighbors not getting along well but both are US allies.

From the westerners' point of view(westerners familiar with both Japan & Korea), both Japanese and Korean men are generally chauvinistic and unsympathetic to women' plight, a lot more so than Chinese, Taiwanese, HK, Singaporean and Asian American men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowjoe View Post
Just like to point out as well that many Japanese women especially those in the middle age group have increasingly found foreign men especially Korean men as either attractive or potential mates.

They assert that Korean men are more romantic and gentlemen-like compared to Japanese men who are rather chauvinistic and unsympathetic to their wives' plight. Such perceptions of Korean men stem partly from the influx of Korean pop culture about a decade ago.

Popular Korean shows like Winter Sonata gave off the impression that Korean men, in general, make better and more compatible soul mates for middle-age Japanese housewives.

However, Korean women do not necessarily think the same way about Japanese men.

Last edited by house_gold; 03-13-2014 at 04:47 AM..

Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 AM

177 posts, read 268,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
I wondered how it would take for a Korean plastic surgery denier to pop up. Predictably, it's a Korean-American. The simple fact is that cosmetic surgery is endemic in Korea. Hint: it's not the Chinese tourists that are driving that industry. I bet all her cousins back in the old country have undergone one or two procedures already.
Don't make crude generalisations. I am born and raised in Korea, studied in US and currently work here. None of my family have had plastic surgery.
Why would you say that they have had "one or two procedures"? Sounds to me that you are obsessed with puttig down an entire country of women for no good reason.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:38 AM

1,855 posts, read 3,609,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiva View Post
Don't make crude generalisations. I am born and raised in Korea, studied in US and currently work here. None of my family have had plastic surgery.
Why would you say that they have had "one or two procedures"? Sounds to me that you are obsessed with puttig down an entire country of women for no good reason.
They likely just aren't telling you. The evidence doesn't lie: cosmetic surgery is the new national pastime of Korean women. The sad thing is, that due to the influence of K-pop and other forms of hallyu, they will drag women of other Asian countries into this senseless fad. It's already started.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
They likely just aren't telling you. The evidence doesn't lie: cosmetic surgery is the new national pastime of Korean women. The sad thing is, that due to the influence of K-pop and other forms of hallyu, they will drag women of other Asian countries into this senseless fad. It's already started.
No it's not. You're relying on stereotypes and media hype for your "facts". If you carefully read newspaper articles in the first place, the place that's mentioned 99% of the time is not Korea, it's Seoul. Plastic surgery is most prevalent in Seoul, and only 31% were willing, when polled in Seoul, to get plastic surgery. Less than that actually got it done. Most women that get work done almost always have well to-do parents anyway.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Aesthetic medical tourism has been on the rise in Seoul with alot of wealthy Chinese and SE Asian patients....Seoul is the only place that is prevalent with surgeries. You don't see hardly any in Busan. The majority of Korean women don't have plastic surgery despite these reports....certainly there is a higher % than most Asian countries, but most Korean don't have the money to do it. Doubtboy is just talking out of his ass...lol

Old 03-13-2014, 06:26 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Asian-American women are the best. I don't care what country as long as they've assimilated here and knows the differences in white dudes. Many of those off the boat look at white guys with a money symbol but in reality white guys are really cheap skates compare to Asian guys. For example most white guys expect sex after just two dates or one paid dinner. They expect Asian women to treat them like royalty when in reality most Asian women are very good at acting to get the interest of the white guys.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:12 PM

360 posts, read 982,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by house_gold View Post
I think you mean Japanese women's perceptions of Korean men are not quite true generally, with such perceptions of Korean men from the pop culture rather than reality encounters.

It is also strange to me that Japanese women admire Korean men, since Korea was colonised by Japan, smaller in area is still poorer than Japan. They should have look down on Korea instead and Korean resent Japan for harsh colonial past and modern territorial disputes. The 2 countries are like neighbors not getting along well but both are US allies.

From the westerners' point of view(westerners familiar with both Japan & Korea), both Japanese and Korean men are generally chauvinistic and unsympathetic to women' plight, a lot more so than Chinese, Taiwanese, HK, Singaporean and Asian American men.
Wake up. This is the 21st century, not 1940s.

South Korea had transformed SIGNIFICANTLY from a developing country (and military dictatorship) to a developed democratic country.

It now has one of the highest standards of living in Asia, so i don't see why Japanese women wouldn't have changed their impression of South Korea and even be attracted to their men for that matter.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,998 times
I remember watching an episode of Oprah before and I think there was a Korean woman who said it is quite common for Korean women to do plastic surgery before they reach the age of 30 from their face down to their legs as according to her they always have a problem with the shape of their calves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia