U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,862 posts, read 3,298,000 times
Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yes, that's what I mean. They do get a lot of notice in the Philippines which is what I found so ridiculous. This trend is also apparent in South America but with notable caveats of having a much larger (and in some cases majority) population who at least vaguely resemble the television celebrities as well as having significantly more representation of people who are of other looks/ethnicities as media celebrities. The Philippines is a bit special in that regard.
Filipinos are exposed not only from Filipino mestizo celebrities but also foreign media & artists. So I don't blame all to our Filipino Mestizos. Our Original Pilipino Music is dying, they'd rather watch & listen to foreigners than our own artists.

Last edited by pinai; 04-25-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,356 posts, read 2,109,584 times
Reputation: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yes, that's what I mean. They do get a lot of notice in the Philippines which is what I found so ridiculous. This trend is also apparent in South America but with notable caveats of having a much larger (and in some cases majority) population who at least vaguely resemble the television celebrities as well as having significantly more representation of people who are of other looks/ethnicities as media celebrities. The Philippines is a bit special in that regard.
If the majority of the people would look the same as the tv and movie personalities, what else would be there to watch and get thrilled about when you can just see yourself in them ? or they just look like normal people, would regular people get so interested to see them ? Even in Argentina that they are mostly white, they just do not put any regular looking white in their telenovelas but they still choose the best looking ones.
In India, they have many moviestars that are white too ( I mean their colour is whiter compare to the regular people because they are also probably mixed British ).
No matter how minority these people are, the truth remains that they are still Filipinos and they have Filipino blood in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,532 posts, read 484,887 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
ur taste is really different because I am not a lover of Eyeless beauties.
sure..... you dont say bad things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,356 posts, read 2,109,584 times
Reputation: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
sure..... you dont say bad things
But I never said " Ugly " not like you who even said Ugly to someone who is considered one of the most beautiful in Philippine showbusiness ... And I know that you are just saying that because of your hatred towards Mestizas.

Eyeless because their eyes are too small for my taste. I prefer round and deep seated eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,862 posts, read 3,298,000 times
Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
If the majority of the people would look the same as the tv and movie personalities, what else would be there to watch and get thrilled about when you can just see yourself in them ? or they just look like normal people, would regular people get so interested to see them ? Even in Argentina that they are mostly white, they just do not put any regular looking white in their telenovelas but they still choose the best looking ones.
In India, they have many moviestars that are white too ( I mean their colour is whiter compare to the regular people because they are also probably mixed British ).
No matter how minority these people are, the truth remains that they are still Filipinos and they have Filipino blood in them.
Definitely agree. minorities are still considered Filipinos and shouldn't be treated like foreigners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,532 posts, read 484,887 times
Reputation: 129
wooot thanks to the powers of google translate

found a very attractive half filipina actress in Japan
http://24.media.tumblr.com/0ef55a17b...86dpo1_500.jpg
More on Gakuryu Ishii’s “Shanidar no Hana” - Nippon Cinema

Last edited by Red John; 04-25-2013 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Please follow directions on posting pictures, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 04:04 AM
 
Location: Filipinas
1,862 posts, read 3,298,000 times
Reputation: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
wooot thanks to the powers of google translate

found a very attractive half filipina actress in Japan
http://24.media.tumblr.com/0ef55a17b...86dpo1_500.jpg
More on Gakuryu Ishii’s “Shanidar no Hana” - Nippon Cinema
Half Filipina
Chieko Kawabe is prettier than her though
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...2a730_full.jpg

Tamlyn Tomita's mother is half Filipina Japanese
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ps7L9GzxHA...600/kumiko.jpg
^I think I like her features more

I know there are some east asian mixed that has filipino ancestry that making it in East Asia.
Leah Dizon is one & the Filipino-Chinese sisters Janice and Jill Vidal

Leah Dizon MV - YouTube
but our concentration are those born in the Philippines not those
born outside. But that doesn't mean we don't recognized them as Filipinos.


è¡›è˜* Janice Vidal & 衛詩 Jill Vidal - 20120405 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 AM
 
Location: In the heights
11,026 posts, read 9,202,697 times
Reputation: 4737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
If the majority of the people would look the same as the tv and movie personalities, what else would be there to watch and get thrilled about when you can just see yourself in them ? or they just look like normal people, would regular people get so interested to see them ? Even in Argentina that they are mostly white, they just do not put any regular looking white in their telenovelas but they still choose the best looking ones.
In India, they have many moviestars that are white too ( I mean their colour is whiter compare to the regular people because they are also probably mixed British ).
No matter how minority these people are, the truth remains that they are still Filipinos and they have Filipino blood in them.
Yea, I don't think you understand. These people don't look remotely anything like the vast majority of the Filipino population and it's not just in terms of attractiveness. The entire standard of attractiveness makes it so otherwise plain looking people end up being considered highly attractive. Of course Argentina's media, as that of all countries, has attractive people--but they're attractive people at least still bear some semblance of being cut from the same demographic cloth as the rest of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,532 posts, read 484,887 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, I don't think you understand. These people don't look remotely anything like the vast majority of the Filipino population and it's not just in terms of attractiveness. The entire standard of attractiveness makes it so otherwise plain looking people end up being considered highly attractive. Of course Argentina's media, as that of all countries, has attractive people--but they're attractive people at least still bear some semblance of being cut from the same demographic cloth as the rest of the population.
I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
2,356 posts, read 2,109,584 times
Reputation: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, I don't think you understand. These people don't look remotely anything like the vast majority of the Filipino population and it's not just in terms of attractiveness. The entire standard of attractiveness makes it so otherwise plain looking people end up being considered highly attractive. Of course Argentina's media, as that of all countries, has attractive people--but they're attractive people at least still bear some semblance of being cut from the same demographic cloth as the rest of the population.
So what is your point ? That because the mestizas and mestizo do not look like the majority they shouldn't be on TV or cinema ? That because they don't look like the regular looking Filipinos and do not represent the Philippines they do not have the right to be in the Philippine cinema ? I think that is just unfair. They are Filipinos too, some of them may be just half Filipinos but some are almost pure only they have a long generation of Spanish lineage in them. Also, since the Philippine movie industry started, it has always been that way because of a concept that stars are adorned so they have to look different from regular looking people.

If it is the standard of beauty in the Philippines, we cannot change that anymore. It has always been like that even centuries ago and it's also like that in South and Central America and in India. In China and Korea the standard of beauty is having white skin right ? So every country just has their own standard of beauty.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 04-26-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top