Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Why does your head in sand denial re your stupidity not surprise me--just waddle through life blaming your cell phone as to why you're a 'looser'. (spelled that the ejay1 way, should make it easier for you to read).
Lol making fun of another persons grammer on the internet to make up for his stupidity in other areas....lol I almost pity your ignorant ass...if you werent such an asswipe
But here you are playing a imaginary english teacher on the internet making a fool of himself....

Old 05-05-2013, 02:35 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,608,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Lol making fun of another persons grammer on the internet to make up for his stupidity in other areas....lol I almost pity your ignorant ass...if you werent such an asswipe
But here you are playing a imaginary english teacher on the internet making a fool of himself....
I could make fun of those bargirl skanks you post as examples of Asian beauty, but that wouldn't be fair to the girls. They are forced into that life due to economic necessity. Your idiocy that you publicly display for the world to see deserves no such empathy.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:58 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
I could make fun of those bargirl skanks you post as examples of Asian beauty, but that wouldn't be fair to the girls. They are forced into that life due to economic necessity. Your idiocy that you publicly display for the world to see deserves no such empathy.
Lol what bargirl skanks??? i think ur loser ass has got me confused with someone else....
I dont post bgs...thats probably something up ur alley...i only post bgs when i want to poke fun at filipinos....

i post girls that dont hang around loser filth ahem...u wouldnt know that since u only know ugly ass transgender bgs

now run along little troll...and leave such arguments for people who know what they r talking about

Last edited by ejay1; 05-05-2013 at 03:10 PM..

Old 08-11-2013, 11:41 AM

5 posts, read 6,598 times
Since this board is about Korean women, I won't comment about the Filipinas...
I don't think its fair to generalize all korean women. Not all of them are plastics, I know. And also it isn't true that all s.korean clebs are plastic.
How about Lee Yo Won?
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/.../LeeYoWon4.jpg
I know that she is all natural, she has been a model since she was so young and she grew up in the public eye. She even have some imperfections in her face but she's beautiful nonetheless.
There's also Jung So Min http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ecdd7bQz2e...00d6887dd2.jpg

And of course Jeon Ji Hyun who's obviously natural and a monolid beauty http://www.showwallpaper.com/wallpap...yun_050202.jpg

And another monolid beauty Wondergirl's So Hee http://www.jpopasia.com/i1/celebriti...sohee-zp1v.jpg

Also, even though S.Korea has the highest rates of plastic surgery, it isn't as bad as what it appears to be, most people just want double eyelids and they're fine with the rest of their features (of course I'm not generalizing) and really drastic surgery isn't as prevalent among the ordinary s.korean women especially the young ones, so even if half of the crowd I'd meet just walking on streets of seoul have done surgery, I wouldn't call them 'plastic' just because they've made a little, single enhancement. Its another thing with people with a drastic transformation though, but when she looks almost the same as her old face, I don't think that's something bad.
About the North Korean women, of course they won't look like the S. korean women, S.korean women, even the ordinary ones use makeup everyday and of course N.Korean women soldiers won't use makeup, right?
Anyway, here's a photo of some N.Korean women who I find really beautiful.
http://blogs.reuters.com/russell-boy...10/RTXT9CZ.jpg
Guys please don't talk nastily, some people just go here to say what they think, their opinions, like me. So I hope there's no bashing and bad mouthing anymore.

PS I find it quite funny that one poster is daring ejay to go use his dollars to go to North Korea and take pictures of nonceleb n.korean women. Do you know how tight the security there is? Places to let tourists in are SOOOO limited, and they're always accompanied by guards and/or soldiers and I've also read last year that even those limited places are already closed to tourists. I once saw an article (I'll find it) aout a tourist woman that sneakily took a photo of a building and she was shot in North korea, so it isn't as easy as you guys think.

Peace.

Last edited by Alix_Lennon_Ono; 08-11-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 08-11-2013, 12:00 PM

Also, about the belief that korean women are trying to look white..well, it depends on each person of course. But most of them aren't trying to look like western people. Koreans(or east asians) have their own beauty standards and ideal beauty, which of course include rounded, bigger eyes with double eyelids, slimmer face, lighter hair etc. But they're not trying to look white. In fact, when koreans go to the surgeons, they always asked not to make them look not asian, they like double eyelids but always prefer smaller eyelids so they can retain the asian look but prettier. Its the japanese who are more into looking western I think and they like bigger eyelids, some almost droopy, and tanned skin compared to the koreans. Koreans want to look prettier but not un-asian. Watch this video to understand that beauty standard more..

Korean Plastic Surgery NOT "trying to look caucasian" - YouTube

Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Korean Plastic Surgery NOT "trying to look caucasian" - YouTube

Also I dont think that its true that koreans are trying to look white. They have their own beauty standards which includes the bigger, double lidded eyes, lighter hair, slimmer face etc. but not trying to look white. In fact when koreans go to surgeons to have their lids fixed, they always ask the surgeon to not make the eyelid so big, they like double eyelid but just small ones, so they can retain the asian look. Its actually the japanese who are more into western looks, so they're the ones who have bigger eyelids and sometimes almost droopy. I know that there are japanese that kinda have then western looks but I've seen before and after photos of some japanese celebs and its always the big eyelids that are added compared to the koreans who only want small double lids, because they want prettier eyes but dont want to take away the asian look.
Anyway, again I wont call girls who have done eyelid surgery or any small enhancement 'plastic'. I'd call someone a plastic beauty if she changed almost everything in her face.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:06 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix_Lennon_Ono View Post

PS I find it quite funny that one poster is daring ejay to go use his dollars to go to North Korea and take pictures of nonceleb n.korean women. Do you know how tight the security there is? Places to let tourists in are SOOOO limited, and they're always accompanied by guards and/or soldiers and I've also read last year that even those limited places are already closed to tourists. I once saw an article (I'll find it) aout a tourist woman that sneakily took a photo of a building and she was shot in North korea, so it isn't as easy as you guys think.

Peace.

Oh of course. That's what i wanted him to do. Dare him to go to n. korea. of course, it's not a dare if it's south korea, would it? do you think we're all ignorant of how crazy tight everything there is in n. korea?

and of course, not 100% of s. korean celebrities are plastic, but i would wager a bet saying at least 80% are

Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Most of the S. Korean celebrities look like plastic clones of one another, especially the women.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
i've been watching a lot of s. korean rom-coms lately (thanks to netflix and dramafever), but since s. korea is known for its obsession with and heavy plastic surgery utilization, im wondering as to the extent of those actresses being general representation of s. korean beauty. im thinking if the middle class people can afford plastic surgery (which, if you compare to the philippines, only the top 10% can afford such), do you have to look among the impoverished (which i think s. korea doesnt have much of) to look for the people with natural beauty? i feel that if i were to visit s. korea, i would find everyone there, especially the women, to look plastic. it makes me feel like there's less genuine people there.
Well, assuming the Korean-Americans that live around here are full blooded Korean, they aren't ugly. I consider them average to slightly above average. Don't get the obsession with plastic surgery there, though. What drives so many of them to get it, when in neighboring countries the rates are vastly lower?

Old 08-11-2013, 08:24 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, assuming the Korean-Americans that live around here are full blooded Korean, they aren't ugly. I consider them average to slightly above average. Don't get the obsession with plastic surgery there, though. What drives so many of them to get it, when in neighboring countries the rates are vastly lower?

pretty much of koreans in s. korea are financially well-off that they can afford such procedures. some of the young parents even start their kids early on such. and apparently, the procedures are much cheaper. i think their system with availing such procedures is much easier to access as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia