Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 12:26 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
even the young ones (since their parents can afford such procedures) have plastic surgeries

Miss Korea 2013: Attack of the Clones (20 Bizarre Photos) | HEAVY

...Schoolgirls who would [be] given plastic surgery as graduation gifts; the mother-daughter teams that would cash in on the two-for-one clinic discounts; the pervasive desire to ‘look more western’. Nicole Kidman, he said, with her high nose, big eyes, slim jaw and white skin was considered the pinnacle of beauty.

more proof:

31 Crazy Before And After Photos Of Korean Plastic Surgery
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...65095252-8.jpg
lol fail....one picture has her with her eyes closed as she was smiling

she looks exactly like this korean girl(who hasnt had any type of surgery)
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...82043052_n.jpg

Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
i've been watching a lot of s. korean rom-coms lately (thanks to netflix and dramafever), but since s. korea is known for its obsession with and heavy plastic surgery utilization, im wondering as to the extent of those actresses being general representation of s. korean beauty. im thinking if the middle class people can afford plastic surgery (which, if you compare to the philippines, only the top 10% can afford such), do you have to look among the impoverished (which i think s. korea doesnt have much of) to look for the people with natural beauty? i feel that if i were to visit s. korea, i would find everyone there, especially the women, to look plastic. it makes me feel like there's less genuine people there.
There are plenty of beautiful Korean woman in Korea, and there is also plenty of plastic surgery.

Regarding, genuine people. Koreans are very genuine. That being said, it is also very superficial. But you'll have such an enormous language and especially a cultural barrier, it won't make a difference.

Regarding the actresses you see on Korean TV. They are pretty much 'status quo' and 'run of the mill' look of many Korean people there. It's one of those odd places where the celebrities and the people in the country, generally look alike. Not saying that there aren't unattractive people in Korea, but oddly enough, there is a very homogeneous look to the people.

As opposed to say the Philippines, where Philippines celebrities look nothing like your general average Filipino person.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:43 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
There are plenty of beautiful Korean woman in Korea, and there is also plenty of plastic surgery.

Regarding, genuine people. Koreans are very genuine. That being said, it is also very superficial. But you'll have such an enormous language and especially a cultural barrier, it won't make a difference.

Regarding the actresses you see on Korean TV. They are pretty much 'status quo' and 'run of the mill' look of many Korean people there. It's one of those odd places where the celebrities and the people in the country, generally look alike. Not saying that there aren't unattractive people in Korea, but oddly enough, there is a very homogeneous look to the people.

As opposed to say the Philippines, where Philippines celebrities look nothing like your general average Filipino person.
can you post pics of the korean country people? of course, since korean people dont marry much outside of their ethnicity like with most of east asians, they'd tend to be homogenic. but the current crop of korean celebrities have such unnatural look to their facial features that you'd suspect they'd had something done to their faces. in the philippines, the celebrities tended to be the ones that either have enormous talent (especially singing) and/or mixed bloodline just because filipinos tend to idolize those with western looks. and a lot of the filipino celebrities dont have plastic features, especially those with mixed bloodlines, since it's from their genes. even those that can afford plastic surgeries would hold off on such since it's frowned upon there.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...65095252-8.jpg
lol fail....one picture has her with her eyes closed as she was smiling

she looks exactly like this korean girl(who hasnt had any type of surgery)
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...82043052_n.jpg

not sure which girl you're referring to, but how can you be sure they havent had any surgery? proof?

again, it's obvious you like plastic women

Old 04-27-2013, 12:51 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times
Quote:
not sure which girl you're referring to, but how can you be sure they havent had any surgery? proof?

again, it's obvious you like plastic women
another insecure filipina

Old 04-27-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
another insecure filipina
and you? holier than thou? and why would i be insecure of plastic people?

you havent even posted any proofs of anything you've posted.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:12 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
apparently, ejay1 is in love with plastic women
He is !

Old 04-27-2013, 01:22 PM

and i wonder how the babies from the plastic people would look like. would their plastic parents (especially their plastic mothers) have their kids get plastic surgeries early on so they dont look too dissimilar from their plastic parents? i wonder how those kids would feel like when they look at their plastic parents and they dont resemble them at all. their parents would probably hide them until they get their kids to have plastic surgery. the poor things!

there was even an article (i wish i could find it) where a man sued his wife (divorce, disown her, unfather the baby) and won because the she gave birth to an "ugly" baby. apparently the wife didnt disclose to him that she had plastic surgery before they got married. of course, the man probably couldnt accept that the baby looked more like him and not like his plastic beautiful wife, but if the baby doesnt look anything remotely like their parents, who wouldnt think of anything suspicious?

oh im so happy not to be insecure with plastic people!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:33 PM

and i wonder if the korean people in the countryside can afford plastic surgeries themselves that now both urban and country people look homogenous. otherwise, i would like to see pics of their people in the rural/country areas to find ones with natural beauty and how koreans actually look like without bleaching and plastic surgery.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:08 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Pure Koreans look like Mongols: Round and big face, high cheek bones, very small eyes.

However, many Koreans were mixed with Chinese in history. Chinese were mixed with almost all groups in Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia