U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,188,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I'm not bitter at all...the problem is that you keep flooding mixed Filipino celeb pics which no typical American/Western guy going to the Philipines is ever going to find. Also, most of these guys are old and likely end up with ex-bar hostesses/maids. Plus, many guys from western countries going to Asia aren't seeking Asian women that are mixed. They want the typical Asian woman. Otherwise they would be better off just staying in their own country. Most aren't looking for a westernized girl really.
Hit the nail on the head. Why bother with such a long distance relationship when there are a couple million mixed Asians already living here? If I was single and looking for an Asian in Asia, I wouldn't settle for a "hafu" or whatever else they are called.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,854,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I'm not bitter at all...the problem is that you keep flooding mixed Filipino celeb pics which no typical American/Western guy going to the Philipines is ever going to find. Also, most of these guys are old and likely end up with ex-bar hostesses/maids. Plus, many guys from western countries going to Asia aren't seeking Asian women that are mixed. They want the typical Asian woman. Otherwise they would be better off just staying in their own country. Most aren't looking for a westernized girl really.

1st one has some Asian look, but the 2nd one doesnt look Asian...more like Mexican or something.

I don't look like a typical Filipino and I am married to a European. People don't usually think we are a mixed couple when we are outside.
What pics ?

Or the other way around ?
It's normal Filipinos are diverse, they can look Malay or Hispanic.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,846,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sant0124 View Post
How common is 'almost like shopping'? Have you ever lived in Korea and known them closely?

if you really want to know, please browse through this thread (if you're that smart and inquisitive) to see articles proving such. you can even look at youtube on before and after looks of a lot of korean women after surgery. since you're demanding proofs, please take the time to research through this thread. OR, much better yet, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. you'll see that for yourself

Old 10-15-2013, 05:27 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,259,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
He said

He acts as if other Asians can't look that way. Southeast Asians can have the ideal Korean look naturally, they can also look Pacific Islander, Indian and everything in between.
Not many can pass as Indian...

Old 10-15-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I don't look like a typical Filipino and I am married to a European. People don't usually think we are a mixed couple when we are outside.
What pics ?

Or the other way around ?
It's normal Filipinos are diverse, they can look Malay or Hispanic.
Aren't you ethnically Spanish or something, or just mixed? Like 50/50?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:19 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,008,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Not many can pass as Indian...
Yea a lot of the poor can pass as atypical Indians. You dont see these people unless you actually go to the Philippines

Old 10-15-2013, 02:26 PM

Getting back on topic, I don't know if this has been addressed already, but how prevalent is plastic surgery in South Korea outside of Seoul? I've read some topics on this, and seems like most of the plastic surgery clinics are centered in Gangnam District. What about in Busan, Incheon, and other smaller places? I also happened upon a website that said some TV show in S. Korea made fun of the Miss Korea contest, saying how all the women looked like copies of each other. But, I want to know the real story, because the (Western) media has a habit of blowing things out of proportion.

Side note: I thought Hyuna looked cute enough without plastic surgery. Now she looks like a weird hybrid of Korean with Chinese eyes with a Japanese double eyelid and a Japanese nose.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:09 PM

102 posts, read 320,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Getting back on topic, I don't know if this has been addressed already, but how prevalent is plastic surgery in South Korea outside of Seoul? I've read some topics on this, and seems like most of the plastic surgery clinics are centered in Gangnam District. What about in Busan, Incheon, and other smaller places? I also happened upon a website that said some TV show in S. Korea made fun of the Miss Korea contest, saying how all the women looked like copies of each other. But, I want to know the real story, because the (Western) media has a habit of blowing things out of proportion.

Side note: I thought Hyuna looked cute enough without plastic surgery. Now she looks like a weird hybrid of Korean with Chinese eyes with a Japanese double eyelid and a Japanese nose.
Mostly gangnam area. Best surgeons are there. You take risk if you go anywhere else.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:52 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,846,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
you mean yu-na kim? the figureskater? if so, i haven't seen her since her 2010 olympics win. she pretty much dropped out of the sport until last season just to set her up for her second olympics. because of that, i don't know how she has looked like since 2010. are you saying she has had some PS herself? that would be so sad 'cause she was just so pretty naturally

Old 10-15-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
you mean yu-na kim? the figureskater? if so, i haven't seen her since her 2010 olympics win. she pretty much dropped out of the sport until last season just to set her up for her second olympics. because of that, i don't know how she has looked like since 2010. are you saying she has had some PS herself? that would be so sad 'cause she was just so pretty naturally
No talking about Hyuna of Wonder Girls. She's the same woman who also appears in Psy's videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or