U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite Chinese Provinces (Pick 6)?
Guandong 9 34.62%
Shandong 1 3.85%
Henan 2 7.69%
Sichuan 11 42.31%
Jiangsu 9 34.62%
Hebei 1 3.85%
Hunan 3 11.54%
Anhui 0 0%
Hubei 1 3.85%
Zhejiang 10 38.46%
Guangxi 3 11.54%
Yunnan 7 26.92%
Jiangxi 2 7.69%
Liaoning 1 3.85%
Heilongjiang 2 7.69%
Shaanxi 2 7.69%
Fujian 5 19.23%
Guizhou 2 7.69%
Chongqing 3 11.54%
Jilin 1 3.85%
Gansu 1 3.85%
Inner Mongolia 3 11.54%
Xinjiang 6 23.08%
Tianjin 3 11.54%
Hainan 3 11.54%
Ningxia 1 3.85%
Qinghai 1 3.85%
Tibet 9 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2013, 11:37 AM

6,066 posts, read 10,874,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
If i travel to China i would visit more than one province, i would make these combo's:

Sichuan - Chongqing
Fujian - Zhejiang
Jiangsu - Shandong
Yunnan - Guizhou - Guangxi
Tianjin - Hebei
Shanxi - Shaanxi
Hubei - Hunan - Jiangxi
Henan - Anhui
Liaoning - Jilin - Heilongjiang

I think i visit Guangdong, Hainan, Tibet and Inner Mongolia all in different trips.

Not interested in visiting Northwest China:
Xinjiang
Qinghai
Ningxia
Gansu
These are all of the places I would visit in the entire country of China, in exact order: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Guangdong, Yunnan, Hainan, Tibet, Xinjiang, Heilongjiang, Shandong, Liaoning, Szechuan, Fujian

I would try to visit all of my favorite places in China in a single trip, or at the maximum of 3 separate trips.

The post made it appear you would have up to 12 separate trips to visit all of the favorite places in China. lol

Why donít you want to visit Xinjiang, and Qinghai provinces of Northwestern China? They have some of the best nature scenery, together with Yunnan, Tibet, Hainan. Those 2 provinces also are very different from the rest of China, especially Xinjiang, and also have an interesting culture.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 12:19 PM

10,436 posts, read 12,461,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
1.These are all of the places I would visit in the entire country of China, in exact order: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Guangdong, Yunnan, Hainan, Tibet, Xinjiang, Heilongjiang, Shandong, Liaoning, Szechuan, Fujian

2.I would try to visit all of my favorite places in China in a single trip, or at the maximum of 3 separate trips.
The post made it appear you would have up to 12 separate trips to visit all of the favorite places in China. lol

3.Why don’t you want to visit Xinjiang, and Qinghai provinces of Northwestern China? .
1.Why don't you want to visit Jilin, i see you have Heilongjiang and Liaoning on your list but not the one that's located between those two.
I'm surprised that you don't want to visit Chongqing, Hebei (Beijing-Tianjin metro), Inner Mongolia (Great Wall) and Shaanxi (Xi'an).

2.China is a big country like the same size of the USA + Germany.
There is no way one can see most of China in 3 trips (unless each trip is 5+ months), trips for me are usually 1 month.

3.Islamic culture + to isolated from the rest of the world

Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,512,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
These are all of the places I would visit in the entire country of China, in exact order: Hong Kong, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Guangdong, Yunnan, Hainan, Tibet, Xinjiang, Heilongjiang, Shandong, Liaoning, Szechuan, Fujian

I would try to visit all of my favorite places in China in a single trip, or at the maximum of 3 separate trips.

Why don’t you want to visit Xinjiang, and Qinghai provinces of Northwestern China? They have some of the best nature scenery, together with Yunnan, Tibet, Hainan. Those 2 provinces also are very different from the rest of China, especially Xinjiang, and also have an interesting culture.
That would take several months, at least.

I agree Xinjiang is great...

Right now I most want to see the Southwest, Yunnan, Guangxi, Guanzhou, Sichuan as well as Tibet, Qinghai, Gansu, Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,512,050 times
Quote:
1.Why don't you want to visit Jilin, i see you have Heilongjiang and Liaoning on your list but not the one that's located between those two.
I'm surprised that you don't want to visit Chongqing, Hebei (Beijing-Tianjin metro), Inner Mongolia (Great Wall) and Shaanxi (Xi'an).

2.China is a big country like the same size of the USA + Germany.
There is no way one can see most of China in 3 trips (unless each trip is 5+ months), trips for me are usually 1 month.

3.Islamic culture + to isolated from the rest of the world

My auntie did the Silk route trip. Xinjiang is spectacular. Qinghai too. What have you got against visiting Islamic places? So you rule out the likes of Morocco and Turkey too? The culture there is distinct and different, as are different parts of the Muslim world.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,010,567 times
I agree--people who don't visit the far west are missing out. I liked Gansu quite a bit. Xiahe for the lamaseries and Dunhuang for the grottoes, and Lanzhou to see the Yellow River and eat those delish noodles.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:06 PM

10,436 posts, read 12,461,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
My auntie did the Silk route trip. Xinjiang is spectacular. Qinghai too. What have you got against visiting Islamic places? So you rule out the likes of Morocco and Turkey too? The culture there is distinct and different, as are different parts of the Muslim world.
I've got nothing against visiting Islamic places, it's just not that high on my list, i'm not very interested in their culture to be honest.
Xinjiang is XinSTAN for me.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:

2. I'm surprised that you don't want to visit Chongqing, Beijing-Tianjin metro, Inner Mongolia (Great Wall) and Shaanxi (Xi'an)

3.Islamic culture + too isolated from the rest of the world

1. Jilin province of China appears noticeably very different from Heilongjiang and Liaoning provinces.

Jilin seems much more industrial, too much of it too close to North Korea geographic border, not as interesting, and probably culturally and economically poor compared to the other neighboring provinces. The Jilin city of Changchun can’t compete with the Heilongjiang city of Harbin, or Liaoning city of Dalian.

2. I don’t think its surprising I don’t want to visit Beijing-Tianjin. Its too much about politics in Beijing. Most of the rest of China is at least much more detached from politics, easier to forget about politics, where its not nearly as consuming.

Beijing area is also too industrial/polluted. Most of the rest of China I believe is much less polluted, and less industrial compared to Beijing-Tianjin, and some areas of China might even seem pristine, very clean compared to Beijing.

Hong Kong and Shanghai are superior cities compared to Beijing.

Well, for Chongqing, I kind of just include it with Szechuan province. Lol Inner Mongolia province of China is too close to Mongolia, and I can see the Great Wall of China in Hebei.

3. Xinjiang province of Northwestern China is very isolated from the world. However, the relative desolation, wide open spaces, the nature scenery, exotic ethnic minority near majority Central Asian culture, town of Kashgar, and the mysterious unknown major populated city of Urumqi is probably something to appreciate for Xinjiang province. It would be interesting to see how different Xinjiang is from the rest of China.

You are also entitled to your opinion if you don’t want to visit Xinjiang, and we have mostly similar preferences for places to visit, including in China.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That would take several months, at least.

I agree Xinjiang is great...

Right now I most want to see the Southwest, Yunnan, Guangxi, Guanzhou, Sichuan as well as Tibet, Qinghai, Gansu, Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia.
What is your view for Fujian province? I know China relatively well, including for most provinces, but not for Fujian yet.

What are your top 7 favorite provinces of China in exact order, other than for visiting next, and your 7 lowest least favorite provinces, just to compare to the best provinces.

Traveling all over most areas in China would take at least several months. However, most people might not find enough time for this ultimate traveling experience of China, and might just have 1 week to 1 month, and be able to see only some places in this country.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 06-02-2013 at 01:34 PM..

Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 AM

41 posts, read 43,669 times
Only been to Shanghai .
Dont know to say Tibet is part of China,
but if i have a chance, i would love to visit Tibet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or