U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 AM
 
Location: Uncharted island
315 posts, read 919,655 times
Reputation: 327

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
So the OP is a VN travel agent?
haha, yea it does seem like it.

using city-data to do some "market research" i reckon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2017, 03:42 PM
 
12,296 posts, read 18,417,176 times
Reputation: 19189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
So the OP is a VN travel agent?
Yes without doubt. He is probably not even human, but a spam bot that automatically posts to forums. People are responding to a robot. My guess is the post was intended to have a link to the travel agents site that the forum filtered out.
The only redeeming quality is that it's a topic with responses that people can refer to. Thank you Mr. Spam Bot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM
 
23 posts, read 19,933 times
Reputation: 22
I think Danang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2017, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Austin, Tejas, maaaan
20 posts, read 9,674 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Don't waste your time there. The beach is ugly. It is popular because it is so close to HCM city.
Absolutely right, and furthermore, it's infamous for ripping off tourists. Source: HCMC-born wife. I love Da Lat (mountains) and Phu Quoc (tropical island with a great night market serving cheap hot pot seafood, among other choices). I haven't been to Phu Quoc in a few years, and I know it was getting developed, so go there soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2017, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Austin, Tejas, maaaan
20 posts, read 9,674 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejojo View Post
I think Danang.
Danang is relatively laid back, very much unlike HCMC. I like how it's near Hue and Hoi An. Tourists tend to pass through Da Nang on their way elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2017, 08:14 PM
 
2,549 posts, read 1,641,749 times
Reputation: 2034
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnumbers View Post
Absolutely right, and furthermore, it's infamous for ripping off tourists. Source: HCMC-born wife. I love Da Lat (mountains) and Phu Quoc (tropical island with a great night market serving cheap hot pot seafood, among other choices). I haven't been to Phu Quoc in a few years, and I know it was getting developed, so go there soon!
I heard tourists, domestic and foreigners, have been ripped off everywhere in VN, especially during holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2017, 07:26 AM
 
2,015 posts, read 1,197,325 times
Reputation: 1641
I live in Thailand....word is Da Nang is a good choice. Some went to Hanoi to escape the burning season air in Northern Thai, and said the AQI was 300 in Hanoi. My cousin ejected over Hai Phong Bay in 1972, 45 years later, might be interesting to visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2017, 09:09 AM
 
12,296 posts, read 18,417,176 times
Reputation: 19189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
I live in Thailand....word is Da Nang is a good choice. Some went to Hanoi to escape the burning season air in Northern Thai, and said the AQI was 300 in Hanoi. My cousin ejected over Hai Phong Bay in 1972, 45 years later, might be interesting to visit.
With Hue so near, I would recommend that one focus there visitation to that beautiful city, not Da Nang, which is essentially just an industrial center with an international airport (formerly a US base).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
I heard tourists, domestic and foreigners, have been ripped off everywhere in VN, especially during holidays.
The touts in these developing countries try to rip off all the tourists, be it Egypt, India, Indonesia, etc. Nothing new. However things are so cheap that, even being ripped off, you are still getting a bargain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2017, 02:23 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
4,873 posts, read 3,387,859 times
Reputation: 7799
My last " vacation " in Vietnam was Sept 1969 at Tan Son Nhut airport in Saigon. On the flight line waiting to take off for Agana Guam. There was a mortar attack and our plane was towed into a revetment until things quieted down and we took off and passed over a distant landscape of bomb craters from years of B 52 raids. Not so happy times and the natives were not friendly to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2017, 02:44 PM
 
12,296 posts, read 18,417,176 times
Reputation: 19189
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
My last " vacation " in Vietnam was Sept 1969 at Tan Son Nhut airport in Saigon. On the flight line waiting to take off for Agana Guam. There was a mortar attack and our plane was towed into a revetment until things quieted down and we took off and passed over a distant landscape of bomb craters from years of B 52 raids. Not so happy times and the natives were not friendly to say the least.
You won't recognize it now. The old Da Nang base is now an international airport, Saigon (yeah no one calls it Ho Chi Minh city, it's simpler just to call it the old name) is a thriving metropolis with every young Vietnamese a thriving capitalist deal maker during the day and night-clubbing hipster at night. Western shops, beach resorts, it's all there in Vietnam. Most of the Vietnamese were born after the American phase of the wars and no one thinks about it anymore, it's part of distant, almost ancient, history. Now they love Americans (or at least American dollars).

They still do have Bac Ho posters and flags everwhere, but I suspect he would be turning in his grave to see today's Vietnam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top