U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,003,989 times

Advertisements

You could have made it simpler and just said East Asian and Southeast Asian. South Asians are every bit as Asian as the groups you mentioned, and they boost San Jose's Asian percentage to 1/3rd of the population
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 02:51 AM

10,424 posts, read 12,422,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
You could have made it simpler and just said East Asian and Southeast Asian. South Asians are every bit as Asian as the groups you mentioned, and they boost San Jose's Asian percentage to 1/3rd of the population
West Asia:
Turkey
Azerbaijan
Syria
Lebanon
Israel
Jordan
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Oman
United Arab Emirates
Qatar
Bahrain
Kuwait
Iraq
Iran

North Central Asia:
Russia
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
Kyrgyzstan
Turkmenistan
Tajikistan

South Central Asia:
Afghanistan
Pakistan
India
Nepal
Bhutan
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
Maldives

East Asia:
Burma
Vietnam
Laos
Cambodia
Thailand
Malaysia
Brunei
Indonesia
Timor-Leste
Philippines
China
Mongolia
North Korea
South Korea
Japan

Last edited by Davy-040; 05-13-2013 at 03:00 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 02:52 AM

OR

West Asia:
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
Kygyzstan
Turkmenistan
Tajikistan
Afghanistan
Pakistan
India
Nepal
Bhutan
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
Maldives

East Asia:
Mongolia
Burma
Vietnam
Laos
Cambodia
Thailand
Malaysia
Brunei
Indonesia
Timor-Leste
Philippines
China
North Korea
South Korea
Japan

New Continent:
North Africa (Sahara) + West Asia (the one in my first post)

Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 AM

7,823 posts, read 12,330,814 times
My parents came here (LEGALLY) from Taiwan. Over there, its the usual major American cities that people in any foreign country would know typically....

New York
Los Angeles
Chicago
San Francisco/Silicon Valley
Houston
Dallas
Atlanta
Washington DC
Miami

However many people in Taiwan may not be familiar with major cities like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Omaha, St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, Charlotte, Tampa, Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock or San Antonio.

Because of cultural contributions or tourism, most people also know Las Vegas, Orlando, and New Orleans. A lot of people in Taiwan and Japan consider Texas to be a very authentically American place, the "real America", same with the small towns of the Midwest and the South. My uncle in Taiwan went to college in Alabama and says it is far more "all-American" than California or New York.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,021,548 times
For Philippines the usual major cities for expat communities and usually the ones who are winning the NBA

Los Angeles
Las Vegas
New York
Chicago
Miami

etc

Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 PM

50 posts, read 82,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
My list:

Boston
DC
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Kansas City

I'm surprised to see Kansas City on your list. I didnt think we were known International at all .

Old 06-24-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanboy View Post
I'm surprised to see Kansas City on your list. I didnt think we were known International at all .
I know Kansas City From western and mafia movies.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:14 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,202,817 times
I was trekking in Nepal many years ago and a kid came up and said "Hello Meester, I can name all the states of the United States!" I asked him to do it and he confidently recited: "New York, California, Texas, and Chicago!"...

Old 06-24-2013, 04:26 AM

3 posts, read 2,499 times
I am from Pakistan and San Diego is the most popular city of USA in my country. I am now in United States and I Get Bus Tours to travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or