U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
define similar
I did define it. Right after I said 'similar', I spent the next couple paragraphs explaining in what way I thought they were similar.

Just re-read the previous post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 09:57 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,597,183 times
Nobody mentioned Delhi. What a dump.
Singapore is the most boring large city I've ever visited.
Beijing and Shanghai are about tied for worst air pollution.
Tokyo is the most difficult to navigate.
Seoul is not especially visitor friendly.
Bukhara was the most primitive.
I left Jakarta for Bali, shortly after arriving. It didn't look promising.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:13 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,144,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
i haven't been to India so i didn't know much stuff there, the cities didn't look very comfy...

Singapore is indeed boring but it's not a true dissapointing place as i actually have quiet some fun there, the place is too sterile and everything is way too expensive, there's nothing to do but going clubs there... the food is great though

Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 PM

22,102 posts, read 23,627,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Shanghai's air pollution is nowhere near as bad as Beijing's--not by a long shot. It's pretty easy to look this up.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:43 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,996,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Well the size of the cbd of Jakarta is scattered, the cbd compromise 3 different areas named SCBD, Thamrin Avenue, and Kuningan.. the area it covered is larger than Makati and BGC combined, well anyway the point is, i say Manila is a dump and now you've been comparing it with Jakarta and you say the rest of the city being dump though you've never exactly went there, what is exactly your point?

you don't like the fact that i said Manila being a dumper than Jakarta, so you want to prove the world that its a less ****hole?

define similar
Makati & BGC aren't the only CBD. Ortigas & Eastwood are nearby, but they're a different CBD. And Alabang is a 3rd CBD. Downtown Manila is a 4th, but I'm only talking about areas that are up to 1st world standards.

And BCC & Makati are growing every day. BGC is only halfway finished.

It's supposed to go from this (2-3 years ago)

to this

and nearby areas are being developed, like McKinley Hill, just South of BGC

Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 AM

those are nothing better than Jakarta's artificial islands, which have rows of Beverly hill style mansions (just google image pantai muntiara)

plan:

what makes you think Manila is the only one that is developing, Jakarta generates more GDP so how does it not have nice areas as Manila's

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-07-2013 at 01:42 AM..

Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 AM

^ I dont see anything great in that picture, and the islands haven't even been built yet, so how would you know if they're better?

Old 10-07-2013, 01:53 AM

I didnt say that Jakarta didn't have nice areas, I said that there weren't more nice areas in Jakarta than in Manila, and that the nice areas of Jakarta aren't nicer than their counterparts in Manila. And you've only proved my point. If you call Manila a dump, then Jakarta is a dump. If you ignore the nice areas of Manila, then you have to ignore the nice areas of Jakarta.

But I do like how Jakarta is using its waterfront. In Manila, usually slums are near the water. Some nice places are near the water, like the Mall of Asia and the aquarium, but not nice residential areas.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^ I dont see anything great in that picture, and the islands haven't even been built yet, so how would you know if they're better?
it's called landfilling LOL, those are indeed man-made islands and it still continue to other parts of the coast and the next phase is to build the actual island that would also act as a barrier againts the rising sea water

how would you know its not better if you haven't been there

as i said before the city generates more income, so practically it actually have more money to develop its land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I didnt say that Jakarta didn't have nice areas, I said that there weren't more nice areas in Jakarta than in Manila, and that the nice areas of Jakarta aren't nicer than their counterparts in Manila. And you've only proved my point. If you call Manila a dump, then Jakarta is a dump. If you ignore the nice areas of Manila, then you have to ignore the nice areas of Jakarta.
well that's according to you, the nicer area of Jakarta actually is alot nicer than Manila's but both are fun to live in.... and your point all along is indeed to say Jakarta being a dump, Jakarta and Manila is not that equal, to others both may be a dump but to me Manila is just plain dump because it dissapoints me

and so what if Jakarta is indeed a dump to many others

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-07-2013 at 02:17 AM..

Old 10-07-2013, 01:59 AM

And you cant honestly say that when you mentioned Manila in this thread that you weren't making a comparison to Jakarta. This is the first thing that popped up when I googled "Jakarta vs Manila" Your video

JAKARTA VS MANILA - YouTube

I think this rivalry fuels you, so dont act like you dont like comparing the 2 cities. You love it. I dont think most people in Manila care about Jakarta or see it as a rival city. And anyways, even in your video, I dont see anything better in the Jakarta pics. That was your opportunity to show off what's better about Jakarta, but I dont see it. They actually look the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or