U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:08 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,149,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
And you cant honestly say that when you mentioned Manila in this thread that you weren't making a comparison to Jakarta. This is the first thing that popped up when I googled "Jakarta vs Manila" Your video

I think this rivalry fuels you, so dont act like you dont like comparing the 2 cities. You love it. I dont think most people in Manila care about Jakarta or see it as a rival city. And anyways, even in your video, which is biased toward Jakarta, I dont see anything better in the Jakarta pics. That was your opportunity to show off what's better about Jakarta, but I dont see it...
rivalry? what do you mean? most Indonesian couldn't even care less about Manila because plainly saying that Philippines is largely unheard of in Indonesia as it goes the other way around

i am being here because to me Manila is a dump, and there's nothing you can do, i didn't come here to change other people's prespective and view about what Manila is according to them. I don't care if you think Jakarta is 100x worse than Manila, or to you its just a large slump of slums. I am here frankly as the topic is meant to be, and Manila didn't bring much satisfaction to me. Just because im one of your Asian neighbor not a western guy, who happened to have a city that's almost as dump as Manila it is not ok for me to say anything? and so you accuses me of trying to be racist here? so what about Dan Brown and how does my comment is not as equal as his?

You are the one who bring this up so highly, you said it yourself that Manila have nicer area than Jakarta, so i just play along with it because of disagreement. You actually enjoys this rivalry more than i do.

The youtube video is open to anyone, and if you see the comments there you will see frankly nothing offensive about Manila. (though apperently in some other video things got a little bit heated up because some Filipino guy becomes rather insultive to Indonesians) and the video is actually an online request from a Filipino

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-07-2013 at 02:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 02:18 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,017,116 times
^ no reread every post I made in this thread. I never once said that Manila was nicer. I asked you to show me the nice areas of Jakarta and that was your opportunity to show me what's better about Jakarta. I concluded that Jakarta's nice areas don't beat Manila's nice areas. They're the same, based on what you showed me.

And maybe Manila doesn't mean anything to most people in Jakarta, but it clearly means something to you because you made a comparison video, and the first thing you posted on here was comparing Jakarta to Manila. This rivalry means a lot to you, clearly. I just find it funny how you can talk so bad about a city that everyone knows is so similar to your own, but you act like none of that applies to Jakarta as well.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 AM

Quote:
^ no reread every post I made in this thread. I never once said that Manila was nicer. I asked you to show me the nice areas of Jakarta and that was your opportunity to show me what's better about Jakarta. I concluded that Jakarta's nice areas don't beat Manila's nice areas. They're the same, based on what you showed me. And the bad areas are the same too.

And maybe Manila doesn't mean anything to most people in Jakarta, but it clearly means something to you because you made a comparison video, and the first thing you posted on here was comparing Jakarta to Manila. This rivalry means a lot to you, clearly. I just find it funny how you can talk so bad about a city that everyone knows is so similar to your own, but you act like none of that applies to Jakarta as well.
so it's not ok for me to say Manila being a dump? and how do you exactly know it is that similar?

so it is weird to you that my first post was about Manila vs Jakarta? that rivalry means absolutely nothing to me, i am here to be an informant about what i know about Jakarta because some people are rather misleading and i thought it would be an opportunity to share what Jakarta exactly is, playing my role as Indonesia's representative. But i didn't even say anything rude about Manila about it nor i force myself to prove that Jakarta is better, because to me it doesn't matter but it clearly plays alot in your mind.

and you did say that Manila's nice area is nicer

and you are the one that clearly try to proves Manila having better and bigger area of "nice" things, so how does all the blame comes to me?

Old 10-07-2013, 02:33 AM

"Manila is large dumping site" is rather rude. But I don't really care that it's rude, it's just funny to me because whatever you call Manila, Jakarta is basically the same. It's like people from Cincinnati saying bad things about St. Louis. They're so similar.

And if the rivalry meant absolutely nothing to you then you wouldnt have made a youtube video about it. I dont make youtube videos about things that I care absolutely nothing about. Be real.

Quote:
and you did say that Manila's nice area is nicer
Please show me exactly where I said that. Quote it

Old 10-07-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:
"Manila is large dumping site" is rather rude. But I don't really care that it's rude, it's just funny to me because whatever you call Manila, Jakarta is basically the same. It's like people from Cincinnati saying bad things about St. Louis. They're so similar.

And if the rivalry meant absolutely nothing to you then you wouldnt have made a youtube video about it. I dont make youtube videos about things that I care absolutely nothing about. Be real.

Please show me exactly where I said that. Quote it
Well if this rivalry didn't play such a big deal to you then why are making a fuss about it? and try to prove that Jakarta is a dump, when you know that it is?

you actually care because of the statement that i had said is rude, perhaps i should've said dissapointing instead

my question is why do you find it weird when i say Manila being a dump? how do you know that its the same? what makes you actually think that it is impossible for Jakarta to be better than Manila at some point? or atleast according to some people?

asking me why Jakarta being less dumpy than Manila, is actually like asking why a Filipino say their country is better than Thailand.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 AM

If a Filipino says their country is better than Thailand, than they're wrong. And the Philippines isn't better than Indonesia either, but Manila and Jakarta are equal.

My first post in this thread was replying to yours, showing you that not all of Manila is bad. You said that it's one big dump, and I was simply saying that no, not all of it. You surely dont believe that the whole city is a dump, do you? I showed you the nice areas, then later I asked you to show me the nice areas of Jakarta. I didn't see anything better than what's in Manila based on your evidence. If Manila is just one big dump to you, then Jakarta is also one big dump

Last edited by Smtchll; 10-07-2013 at 03:12 AM..

Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 AM

Quote:
If a Filipino says their country is better than Thailand, than they're wrong. And the Philippines isn't better than Indonesia either, but Manila and Jakarta are equal.

My first post in this thread was replying to yours, showing you that not all of Manila is bad. You said that it's one big dump, and I was simply saying that no, not all of it. I showed you the nice areas, then later I asked you to show me the nice areas of Jakarta. I didn't see anything better than what's in Manila, based on your evidence. If Manila is just one big dump to you, then Jakarta is also one big dump
Then it is settled, Jakarta is a dump and Manila is not all dump, simple and i agree and i didn't disagree when you say Jakarta being a large dump in its own way, i also didn't say its a large developed heaven

Not all of Manila is a dump indeed when i say dump actually it means dissapointment (atleast to me it is) nothing personal really

and i may have misread fews of your post

Old 10-07-2013, 11:39 AM

22,222 posts, read 23,735,900 times
All I'm getting from this is that both Manila and Jakarta are in the top tier for the most disappointing cities in Asia

Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM

Disappointing depends on what you expect. I don't know why someone would come to Manila with high hopes, but if they do, then they'll be disappointed. If you left disappointed, then you came to Manila misinformed. What were you expecting? You could have saved yourself from disappointment had you read all the travel blogs about Manila

Personally, I love the chaotic environment because I like being around tons of people with a lot going on, but I know that it gives most people a headache.

Last edited by Smtchll; 10-07-2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 AM

102 posts, read 321,165 times
No need to fight man. Filipino and Indonesians are good people. Those countries are not at top of the list to visit, but people are good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or