Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 06:37 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,537 times

Advertisements

Seoul.

Despite the cheaper public transportation, eating, and shopping compared to Tokyo.....I found the people rude especially when they thought I was a half-Korean that they hissed at me, followed me at stores just in case I steal something, and called me a honyol (derogatory word for half-Korean).

And that is nothing compared to how they treat Southeast Asians and Africans (the natives, not Africans descent people from Western countries).

Last edited by FBF; 05-15-2013 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 12:45 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,654,094 times
Philippines is a great country, but Manila is just a large dumping site.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:53 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,745,280 times
No not all of it. When was the last time you were in Manila? All of BGC is nice and most of Makati is nice too (besides the neighborhoods close to the Pasig River)

Bonifacio Global City, Philippines - YouTube

Makati City CBD - Philippines - YouTube

There are also more big chunks of nice areas like Ortigas, Alabang, and the part of Quezon City that includes Eastwood City to Ortigas.

Last edited by Smtchll; 10-05-2013 at 01:18 AM..

Old 10-05-2013, 01:22 AM

Of course BGC, Makati they're all nice.. But the city in general lacks the charm and beauty, that a good city should have. Anyway im talking about manila as in general not its small chunk of its nice areas, a dissapointment. The streets are dirty, unorganized, overly crowded, somehow smells. The city also lacks attractiveness and tourist attraction that bangkok has.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:27 AM

Manila is not comparable to Bangkok yet, it's comparable to Jakarta. And those negative things you say about Manila can be applied to Jakarta too. Just wondering, what are the big sections of 1st world areas in Jakarta? Do you have videos

Old 10-05-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Manila is not comparable to Bangkok yet, it's comparable to Jakarta. And those negative things you say about Manila can be applied to Jakarta too. Just wondering, what are the big sections of 1st world areas in Jakarta? Do you have videos
why do you bring Jakarta into this? i don't think that's pretty relevant to the topic when i say Manila is a big dissapointment, however it is unarguable that both are 3rd world cities. There are so many negative things that can be said about how both city looked like and how horrible they're planned, which i wouldn't argue much as literary both is too unlivable and you can't say which one is better as they're almost equal in terms of living standards, though it is a fact that both are practically are completely different city with their own identity. However i do have my reason to say Manila as a large dump, and you probably understand well why, and whether these have anything to do with your personal idea of 1qst world or whether Jakarta do have 1st world area or not.

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-05-2013 at 09:45 AM..

Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 AM

Why would you say Manila is a big garbage dump when you know that Jakarta is the same? Also, what areas of Jakarta are up to 1st world standards? Any videos?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Why would you say Manila is a big garbage dump when you know that Jakarta is the same? Also, what areas of Jakarta are up to 1st world standards? Any videos?
why don't you like it when one say Manila as dissapointment when you know its a 3rd world city? so you decided that by compare it to other city and clarify it as not having a first world area so then you can judge other as being worse?

i don't think by putting Jakarta's first world area in this page gonna help anything, however since you ask for it then, here you go, you'll get the idea on how the CBD look like:

Jakarta city multirotor view 2012 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blerETDC_gc

i do not recall calling Jakarta a first world myself, and i don't think Jakarta is that similar to Manila at all... however i think the topic is definitely about "What cities in Asia left left you disappointed? Why?", so i have pretty much any right to say which city that left me a bad impressian for me not to like and i pretty much have my own reason that id rather not talk about here, as then you would start calling me "racist and rude"

i rhink you know pretty much know why i say it's dump, so what's the rush? you want me to say that Jakarta is a dump too? well it ain't happening

Last edited by Goshio22; 10-05-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 10-05-2013, 10:11 AM

the first post you made here was about Jakarta vs Manila, and most of your posts after that have been comparing Jakarta to Manila or Indonesia to the Philippines, so just expect that anytime you say anything about Manila or the Philippines, people are going to think you're comparing it to Jakarta or Indonesia, which you are. And those videos are nice, but I dont see anything nicer than what I posted. Jakarta is a dump like Manila is a dump, but the nice areas dont beat Manila's nice areas

Old 10-05-2013, 08:17 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times
^ lol the video didn't show the slums, obviously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia