U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:03 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,327,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
No I havent noticed. Did you get beat up by Negritos as a child? You have so much resentment.
Im tired of all the damn credit they get

Last edited by ejay1; 05-14-2013 at 03:19 PM..

Old 05-14-2013, 06:08 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,852,607 times
Quote:
^ Nah, in my experience it's Chinese-Filipinos who are trying to attribute their light skin to Spanish ancestry. When I said that some of my cousins looked Chinese, they said "No, I'm part Spanish, that's why I have light skin" And I can remember many instances where Chinese-looking Filipinos said they were "kastila" I just laugh because they'll never pass in Spain and they'll be called "chino"
I have noticed this too. I have s friend who look so Chinese but she's always saying her grand father was Spanish. I also had a suitor before who was really Chinese ( has a Chinese surname, went to Chinese school and family has a business downtown with all the Chinese stores ) and also claiming that he has some Spanish blood. My sisters say the same thing about their Chinese friends. I have not really noticed Malay looking Filipinos doing this but noticed it from Chinese Filipinos. Funny, because there's no trace of Spanish ancestry in them but they keep on talking about it.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,968,342 times
Aren't you guys tired talking about this topic. we keep repeating the same discussion all the time.
These are the main racial that exist before and these people's descended already mix so to make sure of their genes ask them to take DNA test lol

Peninsulares – The highest level of the racial hierarchy in Philippines is composed by Peninsulares class. These were the person of pure Spanish descent born in Spain. These people possessed maximum command and influence over the Philippine.
Americano – Persons of pure Spanish descent living in the Philippines who were born in Spanish America were classified as ‘Americano’. This was the second highest level of the hierarchy.
Filipino / Insulares – The next rank in the Philippines racial hierarchy is the Filipino. Basically, the Philippine-born children of ‘Americano’ were classified as ‘Filipinos’.
Tornatras – These were the persons of mixed indigenous Spanish ancestry (referred to as Filipino or Peninsular), Chinese (referred to as Sangley), and Malay (referred to as Indio). Most people of the Tornatras caste in the Philippines used Spanish as their primary language and in many cases converted to the Catholic faith.
Mestizos de Espanola – The next in the hierarchy is the class Mestizos de Espanola, subordinate to the Tornatras. This term was used to describe people of mixed Filipino and foreign ancestry.
Sangley – This is a level used in hierarchy to demonstrate the persons of pure Chinese ancestry, while Mestizos de Sangley was used to refer to a person of mixed Chinese and indigenous ancestry
Indio – Indio was the term that was used to refer the native Malays, but if we consider the legal classification, this term was only used to refer the Christianized Malays who lived in closeness to the Spanish colonies. This was the second lowest rank in the hierarchy.
Negrito – The lowest level in the Philippines racial hierarchy was of the Negritos. This group represented the black Negro people who possessed minimal or zero rights and worked as labors in the Spanish colonial system.
http://www.hierarchystructure.com/ra...n-philippines/

Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Aren't you guys tired talking about this topic. we keep repeating the same discussion all the time.
These are the main racial that exist before and these people's descended already mix so to make sure of their genes ask them to take DNA test lol

Peninsulares – The highest level of the racial hierarchy in Philippines is composed by Peninsulares class. These were the person of pure Spanish descent born in Spain. These people possessed maximum command and influence over the Philippine.
Americano – Persons of pure Spanish descent living in the Philippines who were born in Spanish America were classified as ‘Americano’. This was the second highest level of the hierarchy.
Filipino / Insulares – The next rank in the Philippines racial hierarchy is the Filipino. Basically, the Philippine-born children of ‘Americano’ were classified as ‘Filipinos’.
Tornatras – These were the persons of mixed indigenous Spanish ancestry (referred to as Filipino or Peninsular), Chinese (referred to as Sangley), and Malay (referred to as Indio). Most people of the Tornatras caste in the Philippines used Spanish as their primary language and in many cases converted to the Catholic faith.
Mestizos de Espanola – The next in the hierarchy is the class Mestizos de Espanola, subordinate to the Tornatras. This term was used to describe people of mixed Filipino and foreign ancestry.
Sangley – This is a level used in hierarchy to demonstrate the persons of pure Chinese ancestry, while Mestizos de Sangley was used to refer to a person of mixed Chinese and indigenous ancestry
Indio – Indio was the term that was used to refer the native Malays, but if we consider the legal classification, this term was only used to refer the Christianized Malays who lived in closeness to the Spanish colonies. This was the second lowest rank in the hierarchy.
Negrito – The lowest level in the Philippines racial hierarchy was of the Negritos. This group represented the black Negro people who possessed minimal or zero rights and worked as labors in the Spanish colonial system.
Racial Hierarchy in Philippines | Hierarchy
This was a long time ago Pinai... But I think the new generation of Chinese Filipinos still keep holding on to this. I know some Chinese before got married to some Spanish but not all of them did.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 AM

1,761 posts, read 6,968,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
This was a long time ago Pinai... But I think the new generation of Chinese Filipinos still keep holding on to this. I know some Chinese before got married to some Spanish but not all of them did.
I know but we don't know also what if it's true lol so it's really hard to say no or yes. but of course if they don't look like it and doesn't have any traces of course we automatically say no I guess he or she have to show all the proof lol DNA Test, Photos of his/her ancestors hahaha until his/her generation photo (for those who have great-great-grandparents)

But if they say that their grandfather as in recent is spanish and it's obviously don't look like it then that person give wrong information lol

Old 05-15-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I know but we don't know also what if it's true lol so it's really hard to say no or yes. but of course if they don't look like it and doesn't have any traces of course we automatically say no I guess he or she have to show all the proof lol DNA Test, Photos of his/her ancestors hahaha until his/her generation photo (for those who have great-great-grandparents)

But if they say that their grandfather as in recent is spanish and it's obviously don't look like it then that person give wrong information lol
Well I think if there is really no Spanish trace, better not talk about it any more.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:08 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Asians need to stop revering Europeans so much.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:14 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,005,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Asians need to stop revering Europeans so much.
not even a problem in the Philippines anymore. Filipinos revere other Asians who are lighter than them

Old 05-15-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
not even a problem in the Philippines anymore. Filipinos revere other Asians who are lighter than them
Not everyone Smtchll... Not everyone like Korean and Chinese beauties. Kim Chui may have many fans but not everyone who looks like her will be as lucky as her. She just got very lucky.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 05-15-2013 at 01:59 AM..

Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Quote:
And the whole light skin thing is getting a bit too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or