Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:25 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Asians need to stop revering Europeans so much.
Well Ancestor is part of our being so i don't think we should stop those who has it if they acknowledge it.
As long as we balance it and be proud more of our nationality. Because without our ancestors we will never exist in this world right? Balance everyone native or not they are part of our being.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:30 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
I thought Filipinos had moved on from racism, but then they attack this women's skin color, calling her "the first black senator" and comparing her skin color to charcoal. Yes, she is dark for a Filipino woman, but in what kind of civilized society is it ok to attack someone's skin color? The Philippines is progressing in some ways, but it's still the same in colonial mentality

Nancy Binay: There's nothing wrong with political dynasty. It is the people who will vote. - YouTube

Old 05-15-2013, 01:37 AM

^they attack her also because she refused to join to a debate that's what I read on facebook but she's currently on top 5 in senatorial position. Binay family are strong family dynasty when it comes to political, well her father did a great job in Makati when he was still a mayor and now as a Vice President. I hope she'll prove it to the public that she's worth it. I'm sure those who attack her are those supporters of the other candidates because Nancy is one of the best contender on behalf of her father. I guess because she's also new in politics and people don't know much about her.

I dislike the mayor that they vote in Manila. gosh, It's Erap Estrada. Oh my, I'm sure he got his votes again to the poor people there. They kept on using them when it comes to election, I guess this is one of the reason why some politicians do not actually help them because they need them when election occur. I guess I'll just pray for Manila under the hand of Erap Estrada.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:39 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
^ she's dark for a Filipino woman? That looks like their natural skin tone to me.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
^they attack her also because she refused to join to a debate that's what I read on facebook but she's currently on top 5 in senatorial position. Binay family are strong family dynasty when it comes to political, well her father did a great job in Makati when he was still a mayor and now as a Vice President. I hope she'll prove it to the public that she's worth it.

I dislike the mayor that they vote in Manila. gosh, It's Erap Estrada. Oh my, I'm sure he got his votes again to the poor people there. They kept on using them when it comes to election, I guess this is one of the reason why some politicians do not actually help them because they need them when election occur. I guess I'll just pray for Manila under the hand of Erap Estrada.
I'm not saying that they have no right to attack her, but instead of attacking her political positions, like normal civilized, educated people would do, they attack her skin color. Filipinos want to be 1st world people, but it will take them a looooong time to act like it.

Quote:
^ she's dark for a Filipino woman? That looks like their natural skin tone to me.
The thing is, you never see people in power or people on TV with that skin color. Her father (vice president) is an exception. But it's even more rare for a Filipino woman in power to have that skin color.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:49 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Filipinos are not that dark. In general, Filipinos are light brown skinned. Filipinos have the colour that most European women would die for. Filipinos have olive skin. The ones who are dark like her probably have negrito ancestry.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I'm not saying that they have no right to attack her, but instead of attacking her political positions, like normal civilized, educated people would do, they attack her skin color. Filipinos want to be 1st world people, but it will take them a looooong time to act like it.

I think so too, but the thing is, you never see people in power or people on TV with that skin color. Her father (vice president) is an exception. But it's even more rare for a Filipino woman in power to have that skin color.
yes, a lot of Filipinos are racist lol they are just jealous because she's the daughter of the vice president lol and also one of the best contender for senatorial race haha.. some Filipino mentality are like that and I even know someone who is too much into light skinned and tells me how nice her light skinned is lol but actually she's the person who have too much inferiority not just in color but other things and i wanted to tell her that but I'm trying to avoid fights and one time she talks to our colleague who has the same color as Nancy and she gave remarks that she's too dark & again lol boast herself once again. I talked to my colleague afterwards and explain to her that a lot wants that kind of skin and that it is beautiful haha.. of course I tell her that when my other colleague was not infront of us to lol avoid fights. Until I saw her smiling once again and agreed with me. This colleague of mine are both Filipinos. My colleague who has lighter skinned got it from her Japanese great-grandmother that's what she said.

Last edited by pinai; 05-15-2013 at 02:22 AM..

Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Filipinos are not that dark. In general, Filipinos are light brown skinned. Filipinos have the colour that most European women would die for. Filipinos have olive skin. The ones who are dark like her probably have negrito ancestry.
Lol i actually agree with you on this

Old 05-15-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I think light brown for women but medium brown for men. Thats why people make a big deal about Nancy's dark skin color but not her dad's. You can see a noticeable difference between men and women...

Philippines,Cebu,ColonStreet, 2011y,11m,02d(Wed),16h27 - YouTube

Philippines,Cebu,CarbonMarket,2011y,11m,02d(Wed),1 5h11- YouTube

Last edited by Smtchll; 05-15-2013 at 09:04 AM..

Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
Quote:
And the whole light skin thing is getting a bit too much.
Its not just "too much", its sad. Thats what media brainwashing does.

I remember being in a village in Pangasinan and people were clamoring over me about my handsomeness. I am not handsome - I'm just white!

Its preposterous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia