U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,852,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Its not just "too much", its sad. Thats what media brainwashing does.

I remember being in a village in Pangasinan and people were clamoring over me about my handsomeness. I am not handsome - I'm just white!

Its preposterous.
It is not just the colour. Filipinos got exposed to Western people for 4 centuries. They developed an admiration for Western features ( deep seated eyes, well chiseled nose and sometimes a Cleft Chin) and it's not just all the media. They have already developed an admiration for Western look long before there was a media in the Philippines. It's just understandable as it was occupied by the West for 4 centuries and it is somehow true that we admire people that are a bit different from us right ?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
It is not just the colour. Filipinos got exposed to Western people for 4 centuries. They developed an admiration for Western features ( deep seated eyes, well chiseled nose and sometimes a Cleft Chin) and it's not just all the media. They have already developed an admiration for Western look long before there was a media in the Philippines. It's just understandable as it was occupied by the West for 4 centuries and it is somehow true that we admire people that are a bit different from us right ?
How do you know they admired Western looks 400 years ago? Or anybody else, for that matter? I don't know if Western looks have always been admired. Many Asians saw them as 'white devils'. I'm sure some were curious about them, but it's hard to know how most of the locals at the time viewed them.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 AM

1,953 posts, read 5,208,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
^ she's dark for a Filipino woman? That looks like their natural skin tone to me.
she probably has some Negrito ancestory

I noticed lots of white guys like the dark ones and call them "Black Beauties"

I agree most are more of a light to medium with straight black hair unless they are part negrito, then they could also have wavy hair or curly hair from negrito ancestory

Old 05-15-2013, 10:52 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post

I agree most are more of a light to medium with straight black hair unless they are part negrito, then they could also have wavy hair or curly hair from negrito ancestory
I saw a man in Taiwan who looked full Chinese who had very curly/kinky hair - i assumed part aboriginal, but even aborigines don't have hair that curly (actually most aborigines have straight/wavy hair). I think there were negritos in Taiwan before the aborigines, but I'm guessing this was just an unusual genetic trait.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:00 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,005,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post

Yeah, her dad could pass as a Negrito because many of them are mixed and look like him. I'm surprised people weren't making a big deal about him being the "first black vice president"

Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,327,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Yeah, her dad could pass as a Negrito because many of them are mixed and look like him. I'm surprised people weren't making a big deal about him being the "first black vice president"
Because filipinos want to be known as progressive...minority rights as they say

Old 05-15-2013, 11:13 AM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,173,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
So who do Americans or British people admire? For example.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,173,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
He's got a classic Filipino look, as seen from the West.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
So who do Americans or British people admire? For example.
First of all not all filipinos worship white people...just the color struck ones. like hermosa....those of malay or asian heritage who know their true culture dont give a flying **** about westeners

oh and negritos love white people...because white sex tourists just love negritas

Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
He's got a classic Filipino look, as seen from the West.
Well the west has always typecast filipinos as african due to our small negrito population...screw what the west thinks

Probinsiyana from negros

Last edited by ejay1; 05-15-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or